Third-party investigator updates in regard to Madison's claims.

Looki

When can we expect any update in regard to Madison's case?

Due to the possible legal ramifications, I doubt we will ever get the kind of information people are hoping for. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Let's hope Linus won't turn out to be a liar. It’s his word that we’ll receive audit results.

6 minutes ago, Looki said:

Let's hope Linus won't turn out to be a liar. It’s his word that we’ll receive audit results.

And he can only share what lawyers allow. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

14 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

And he can only share what lawyers allow. 

It’s better than nothing. 😉

Best they keep their private internal investigate private and internal. Strangers on the internet have established a well founded track record of the inability to keep civil so no need to tell us. A win win win.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

Ultimately depends on the results of the investigation. As has been pointed out, what has/hasn't been found, could include actual legal issues that prevent a more transparent disclosure on what actually did or didn't happen, due to employment/privacy laws. And if there were any legal things, those types of processes also take a lot longer than some people realize.

On top of that, I imagine along with the investigator(s), they'd probably be consulting with an HR firm and possibly a PR firm to cover their bases. Even in the event of total absolution or a guilty employee, not addressing it, (to say nothing of the possibility that they might legally be unable to), is a general better course of action.

Now, LMG being a Youtube-focused company, it's possible some aspect of the results might be told, but in my experience, I would mostly doubt it. That will unlikely not satisfy some people, but such is the case with these types of occurrences. 

2 hours ago, divito said:

Ultimately depends on the results of the investigation. As has been pointed out, what has/hasn't been found, could include actual legal issues that prevent a more transparent disclosure on what actually did or didn't happen, due to employment/privacy laws. And if there were any legal things, those types of processes also take a lot longer than some people realize.

On top of that, I imagine along with the investigator(s), they'd probably be consulting with an HR firm and possibly a PR firm to cover their bases. Even in the event of total absolution or a guilty employee, not addressing it, (to say nothing of the possibility that they might legally be unable to), is a general better course of action.

Now, LMG being a Youtube-focused company, it's possible some aspect of the results might be told, but in my experience, I would mostly doubt it. That will unlikely not satisfy some people, but such is the case with these types of occurrences. 

While I do agree that the results of the investigation can determine how much can really be exposed to an extent when it comes to these levels of accusations (and the effective denial they happened) with the wording being that they would release it becomes a tricky situation.

I think overall it will be tricky but there has to be something still made public (but it's a process that would take months potentially)...even if it's as basic as we have concluded Madisons allegations are [valid/invalid/partially valid].  That in itself wouldn't cross any legal issues (could be wrong) in regards to privacy as it's the confirmation of a public or non public statement...and a general statement was already made claiming the allegations didn't match what the memory was of Linus.

Actually in general the statements made by LMG are exactly why you essentially make boiler plate statements like "we are investigating the matter and cannot comment at this time".  The reason being that Linus essentially has on a few occasions essentially dismissed what the allegations were, and thus doing so as the company, so if the investigation revealed there to be truth behind it then I could see LMG being in legal hot water (because at that point it could be considered libel by not retracting their statements and correcting it)

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

2 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

While I do agree that the results of the investigation can determine how much can really be exposed to an extent when it comes to these levels of accusations (and the effective denial they happened) with the wording being that they would release it becomes a tricky situation.

I think overall it will be tricky but there has to be something still made public (but it's a process that would take months potentially)...even if it's as basic as we have concluded Madisons allegations are [valid/invalid/partially valid].  That in itself wouldn't cross any legal issues (could be wrong) in regards to privacy as it's the confirmation of a public or non public statement...and a general statement was already made claiming the allegations didn't match what the memory was of Linus.

Actually in general the statements made by LMG are exactly why you essentially make boiler plate statements like "we are investigating the matter and cannot comment at this time".  The reason being that Linus essentially has on a few occasions essentially dismissed what the allegations were, and thus doing so as the company, so if the investigation revealed there to be truth behind it then I could see LMG being in legal hot water (because at that point it could be considered libel by not retracting their statements and correcting it)

I also dislike that they expressed being "committed to publishing the findings." While the purpose behind that sentiment of being transparent is obvious and appreciated, it was never known if they'd be able to properly promise and divulge something like that. Especially if certain parties, whether LMG/Madison/other employee retain counsel and work out a settlement/NDA/etc..

You will never hear anything other than "appropriate measures have been taken" ever again about this. Unless both parties agree that any of it will go public it will never happen. I doubt LTT will want to have any negative publications about them and madison wouldn't want that about herself either.

So again, you'll probably never hear about it again.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Thread locked.

No statement has been published yet. Asking about it isn't going to make things happen any quicker. There's already topics about this that are locked. If a topic has been locked don't post it again.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450