Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Force Video Discussion

NCIX: N/A

Amazon: http://georiot.co/3ChV

The Gigabyte Z97X-SOC FORCE delivers about as many overclocking optimized features as you could want on a motherboard. Seriously it takes me like 4 minutes to say what they all are and what they do...

damn you youtube and your slow upload times! 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

MAKE PUBLIC OR RIOT

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

It'll be up whenever it finishes uploading.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Me want to watch it

Still dont like the color or the onboard oc buttons. I would rather get a ROG motherboard, where it is more software based, i dont wanna open my case everytime i need to make a chance.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I don't think it will be a useful motherboard for anyone. For those CRAZY overclockers, they would buy a higher end overclocking capable motherboard (eg vii extreme once that is out.) For norma overclockers any normal mobo at that price range is fine (eg asus z97-pro, vii hero, asrock z97 oc formula m or extreme6).

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

your such a tease :P

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Still dont like the color or the onboard oc buttons. I would rather get a ROG motherboard, where it is more software based, i dont wanna open my case everytime i need to make a chance.

...But you don't need to open your case, lol.

The point of the SOC Force mobo buttons are so that you can quickly press something and reset ASAP before you waste LN2.

...But you don't need to open your case, lol.

The point of the SOC Force mobo buttons are so that you can quickly press something and reset ASAP before you waste LN2.

Then its only ment for LN2 overclocker :P Waow thats a big market. I personally dont get the point of this board for gamers, normal users or non LN2  overclockers.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

decision time, do i watch it in 240p or painfully wait another 20 minutes.....

I don't think it will be a useful motherboard for anyone. For those CRAZY overclockers, they would buy a higher end overclocking capable motherboard (eg vii extreme once that is out.) For norma overclockers any normal mobo at that price range is fine (eg asus z97-pro, vii hero, asrock z97 oc formula m or extreme6).

This is a more dumbed down version of a UD7 board so it still has that superb quality but is supposed to be specifically for Ghz fiends. At least that's what I gather, and it's at a reduced cost because it's dumbed down.

What that means is it's pretty much at the top of the list for OCing, especially since it has added features specifically for overclocking. The quality on this is great, I doubt Asus has a much better product if at all. Do you rank boards purely on favoritism and price or what?

Then its only ment for LN2 overclocker :P Waow thats a big market. I personally dont get the point of this board for gamers, normal users or non LN2 overclockers.

They have 4+ Gaming-specific motherboards, a line for non-LN2 overclockers and general PC users, and a lower-end SOC board as well that's more oriented for overclocking w/o LN2.

Not a bad price, but for that money I would still go with an Asus Z97 Deuluxe or WS.

Why aren't these boards coming with Wireless AC or Thunderbolt2?

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

This is a more dumbed down version of a UD7 board so it still has that superb quality but is supposed to be specifically for Ghz fiends. At least that's what I gather, and it's at a reduced cost because it's dumbed down.

What that means is it's pretty much at the top of the list for OCing, especially since it has added features specifically for overclocking. The quality on this is great, I doubt Asus has a much better product if at all. Do you rank boards purely on favoritism and price or what?

They have 4+ Gaming-specific motherboards, a line for non-LN2 overclockers and general PC users, and a lower-end SOC board as well that's more oriented for overclocking w/o LN2.

I still perfere the MSI and Asus motherbaord line-up. It's more simple and direct.

Especially Asus have a great marketing department. Plus their motherboards are awesome.

LinusTech

You can say however instead of but sometimes.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

idk man this chip i have has always been better on my Z77X-UP7 compared to my buddies Max V extreme. The ASUS boards are mostly gaming orientated while this board is for OCers. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought this board because I'm an awesome super cool pro overclocker and definitely NOT for the shallow reason that I just like orange