[Rumor] Google is buying Twitch for $1+ Billion in cash![Update2: MS almost beat Google to it]

Rafy

How long are we going to have to deal with every other post being about this

Until everyone has been retoasted.

if the deal stands up to the fed's... i wonder what they would do to the structure of the company....

will they integrate with YouTube?

will there be some sort of rebranding? (please don't call it something cheesy like "Google Gaming")

will management change?

how will DMCA crap work with Twitch?

will the paid subscription thing change?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Is*

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Until everyone has been retoasted.

and rejamed

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

And repastad. 

This sounds like something delicious.

I can't wait, they'll have better servers so better experience for everyone.

Compatible with Windows 95

And repastad. 

and rewitched.

I tried. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Maybe twitch wont be so bad then?

maybe, maybe not...

who knows..?

keep in mind lots of people make a living off of Twitch, YouTube are asses sometimes when it comes to ads/rev.share

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Awesome. Not. 

I love Google, I really do. I own a Chromecast and a Nexus 4. But YouTube has become it's own abomination in the last year. The lay out still looks retarded to me and the copyright claims (automatical ones, mind you) are just stupid. If this happens to twitch.. We'll be in for a treat. 

I can't wait, they'll have better servers so better experience for everyone.

I doubt they're going to use the Google servers all of a sudden and leave the twitch servers behind.

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

Francis video incoming: https://twitter.com/Boogie2988/status/468169040473899008

Awesome. Not. 

I love Google, I really do. I own a Chromecast and a Nexus 4. But YouTube has become it's own abomination in the last year. The lay out still looks retarded to me and the copyright claims (automatical ones, mind you) are just stupid. If this happens to twitch.. We'll be in for a treat. 

I doubt they're going to use the Google servers all of a sudden and leave the twitch servers behind.

Even if they did youtube works only half of the time so not really an upgrade...

this would be good, no more constant buffering on streams because twitch likes to ignore australia

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

maybe, maybe not...

who knows..?

keep in mind lots of people make a living off of Twitch, YouTube are asses sometimes when it comes to ads/rev.share

So what? It is their choice to limit their income to a single source such as twitch or youtube.

So what? It is their choice to limit their income to a single source such as twitch or youtube.

Yeah fuck it, except only the users lose here: Google doesn't care if youtube dies they're rich enough and have infested every corner of the world already, media companies of course want independent content creators to die out and you? Well I guess is back to fucking cable and battling for Netflix bandwidth and yeah, you can forget about posting your opinions on this website since Linus and his crew would probably have to take down the site and focus on just doing commercials without youtube revenue and sponsorship on his videos.

You sir, win the nearsightedness prize.

-------

Current Rig

-------

What about all the streamers that play songs from pandora, spotify, etc. I thought youtube doesn't allow that?

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Woooow, I really did not expect to see this, especially in these forums! What if it were your livelihood being taken away?!

What about all the streamers that play songs from pandora, spotify, etc. I thought youtube doesn't allow that?

get ready for music-less streams

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

They're pretty much fucked.

That's like every streamer on twitch though.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

That's like every streamer on twitch though.

So you see why I think all those "great!" comments are premature right? This is akin to your favorite indie game dev studio being bought by EA or Ubisoft: yes they will inject them with lots of money but will also inject them will lots of bullshit.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Woooow, I really did not expect to see this, especially in these forums! What if it were your livelihood being taken away?!

Peoples poor financial choices should not be of any concern to Google. The people who stream on Twitch/YouTube without any other sources of income, or a strategy to earn money if Youtube or Twitch were to suddenly close are dumb.

Its going to happen eventually.

Yeah fuck it, except only the users lose here: Google doesn't care if youtube dies they're rich enough and have infested every corner of the world already, media companies of course want independent content creators to die out and you? Well I guess is back to fucking cable and battling for Netflix bandwidth and yeah, you can forget about posting your opinions on this website since Linus and his crew would probably have to take down the site and focus on just doing commercials without youtube revenue and sponsorship on his videos.

You sir, win the nearsightedness prize.

But there will always be sources of reviews/information like the LTT channel currently does. I cant think of a single youtube channel that does something that others dont do.

But there will always be sources of reviews/information like the LTT channel currently does. I cant think of a single youtube channel that does something that others dont do.

Its going to happen eventually.

Yes, but ultimately irrelevant: that diversity means nothing if you can pick and choose networks that play ball and offer bribes in behalf of Microsoft like Machinima and just get rid of those pesky honest reviewers with principles and ethics. With those kinds of barriers or eliminating only certain channels and certain types of contents and forcing similar guys and the like you'll quickly consolidate youtube into a web based Hollywood elite system of in people and out people and content will inevitably suffer.

The fact that there's so many similar sources of information but none quite the same and with little and big differences among them is what makes this time of entertainment mediums popular right now, and Google is actually extremely detrimental to this formula and we absolutely need very popular service like twitch.

-------

Current Rig

-------