[Rumor] Google is buying Twitch for $1+ Billion in cash![Update2: MS almost beat Google to it]

Rafy

why cant I copy an paste on here ? it wont let me :(

We can all hope it doesn't come to this...

Im pretty sure we all realized hope is a bs concept after what the FCC did on Thursday

Please let this be false.

Fri os fra det onde!

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

*Streams GTA V, but accidentally leaves the car radio on*

THIS STREAM IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY

"With every meeting, comes a parting. However, not every parting has to last forever."

Hahahaha "the copyright monsters" while yelling truth but funny.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DMCA here, DMCA there, DMCA EVERYWHERE!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How will this affect @LinusTech and @Slick's WAN show, I wonder...

I'm not even mad that Google is buying it...... maybe it will be an improvement. :D

Aaaaaand it's live!

Pretty much sums up my reasons for not wanting this to go through.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DMCA here, DMCA there, DMCA EVERYWHERE!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How will this affect @LinusTech and @Slick's WAN show, I wonder...

nothing, dmca mostly affect gamers and content creation guys, linus does products showcase and reviews, this won't affect them at all, neither on youtube or twitch

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I'm not even mad that Google is buying it...... maybe it will be an improvement. :D

How is that even true....

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

I agree with Boogie. Google turns everything into shiznit. And not the good kind.

If it can mean anything to anybody at any time, it means nothing.

Actual thoughts from Boogie

if the deal goes through.......

"google+ required to chat"

"google+ required to view"

death of all let's play

someone please think of the camgirls

If it happens, enjoy hours of adds on a 30 minute stream -__-

I like the idea of Twitch getting a solid infrastructure behind them, but, I am concerned about the safety of the content of the streamers. For many, streaming is their sole income, their career, and for something like content strikes to bring down channels (purely speculation of course I have no idea how the content would be handled) would be devastating to the streamers and the viewers. I would like to see YouTube say, "We are bringing them solid technology backing for their service, otherwise, they will operate as they always have." (Minus Google getting their cut of the revenue I'm sure.) I love the deal if it brings only improvements, but I can't imagine that happening.

bb4cc79a74f8ea95b05c701008380e712a8a9fbf

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

surprised nobody posted this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

WAN show is going to have to move to a different site now.  Google will certainly make Twitch just as bad as YouTube is.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

so it seems twitch was a huge target for a lot of companies one of them being microsoft that apparently offered more money that google to twitch, it makes seems getting to work with youtube, its the biggest video site in the world, that benefits them more that what other company can

YouTube is indeed close to securing a $1 billion buyout of live streaming service Twitch, and will have fended off multiple suitors including Microsoft if the deal goes through, according to people with close knowledge of the talks. The two companies have agreed on a price and are working out details such as how independent the Twitch company and brand will remain, said one person close to the deal, who asked to remain anonymous. Twitch is said to have evaluated possible bids and decided on Google's YouTube as the best fit to help the company scale in line with its massive growth over recent years. Variety first reported details of the talks.

Twitch is said to believe that Google can help the company become what it wants to be — the definitive platform for watching and streaming live video gaming. The company raised $20 million from investors in 2013 and is likely to turn a profit this year. But capital isn't enough to allow Twitch to scale its technology and infrastructure to keep pace with its growth. It had plenty of offers from venture capitalists looking to give it more money, said the person, but what it needs is a partner that can help it handle massive amounts of live and user-generated video on a global scale. Despite not being well known beyond gaming circles, Twitch already pushes more traffic during its peak hours than titans like Facebook and Amazon. "To be quite honest, we can't keep up with the growth," Twitch marketing VP Matt DiPietro told The Verge last year, adding "That's a good problem to have."

TWITCH ALREADY PUSHES MORE BANDWIDTH THAN FACEBOOK

Microsoft and others have made serious approaches to Twitch, said the person, but YouTube was deemed the better fit. It's unlikely that the gamer-friendly Twitch would have wanted any part of a deal that would tie the service to Xbox, as it's embedded in Sony's rival PlayStation console as well. A source familiar with the deal says that Twitch likely would have rejected a billion-dollar offer from other companies, but was willing to accept it as part of a partnership with YouTube.

Source: The Verge

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

TWITCH ALREADY PUSHES MORE PEAK TRAFFIC THAN FACEBOOK

I think they're referring to bandwidth not traffic, and that's because Twitch's video compression is very inefficient and in the end it's a video streaming service compared to Facebook which is a social network.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife