[Rumor] Google is buying Twitch for $1+ Billion in cash![Update2: MS almost beat Google to it]

Rafy

Twitch's video compression is very inefficient

I wouldn't say very inefficient, that puts a negative spin on it. Their transcoding to lower resolutions and bitrates is quite efficient, but they like to stream "source" quality as the name suggests, in the same way they receive it from the broadcasting software, while that technicallyis "inefficient", it's by design rather than poor implementation.

I wouldn't say very inefficient, that puts a negative spin on it. Their transcoding to lower resolutions and bitrates is quite efficient, but they like to stream "source" quality as the name suggests, in the same way they receive it from the broadcasting software, while that technicallyis "inefficient", it's by design rather than poor implementation.

I mean inefficient bandwidth-wise. In terms of quality it's pretty good.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

hmm then i would understand

lets just hope google wont make Google+ mandatory for new accounts

The sad part is they probably would... I don't have a Twitch account but now I feel like I'm subject to using G+

IdeaCentre K450 Review - My favorite (pre-built) gaming desktop under $1000.

Gaming PC Under $500 = Gaming on a budget.

I mean inefficient bandwidth-wise. In terms of quality it's pretty good.

Ah yeah, bandwidth wise would be correct.

Why did they merge the threads, they weren't the same, one was about the rumor and the other (the one I posted) about other companies trying to buy twitch, they weren't the same @mods can someone explain this?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

..and now for my full on Tinfoil Asshat thought of the day! (Please remain calm. there is nothing wrong with your TV....we are in control...in control...in control..)

WE are all DOOMED

I just can't see any way in hell they can force feed Google+ any worse than it is now on YouTube... but.. ">.<" sure they can! Must-Resist-The-Paranoia! Twitch circles anyone *gasp@shootmenow... and what shall we call this thing? TwoogleYou .. GooYouTwi .. lol. Have a nice day and a pleasant tomorrow. *snicker snicker haha hehe.

And I thought my sister was insane. You have the insanity of myself and my sister combined. I love it! :D

I especially like the "Have a nice day and a pleasant tomorrow." and the snickers and laughs at the end.

You have a nice day too! Ta-Ta!

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

If this turns into a streaming department for Google(youtube) Maybe then we won't have problems with server but keeping the same way that twitch is now. If they make major changes I will rage.

Guys, this wont use google+

Google even dropped it from YouTube recently, I dont think they will make that mistake again. The VP even left the company

http://9to5google.com/2014/04/24/report-google-scaling-back-google-efforts-dropping-integration-requirement-for-its-other-products/

However, we don't know if Twitch will be integrated into YouTube if this occurs. If YouTube and Twitch merge, then Twitch will 100% be using Google+ since YouTube is still using it.

If Twitch is however acquired by Google and remains it's own separate entity, then yes, it won't use Google+.

That's why I'm also worried and confused when articles say "YouTube(Google) to acquire Twitch for $1 billion." It's either YouTube is buying and integrating OR Google is buying it, completely separate things.

I'm all for this, if it fixes twitches crappy servers. Can't watch streams on medium settings without buffering and i have a 75mbps download speed.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X