Any AMD GPU that performs better then a 1080 ti for under 285€?(DE)

FuchsFuchs1

I have a 1080ti(not founders edition) in my macpro4,1(It runs on 5,1 firmware and windows 10 enterprise) and if been starting to get annoyned of its slow performance. Some ppl on discord suggested i should try a newer amd gpu but wich one?

Edited by FuchsFuchs1
more accurate price of the 1080ti

Dual X5690 my beloved.

Just now, xdagamer said:

i think RX 6600, or atleast it comes pretty close.

wdym "it comes pretty close"?

Dual X5690 my beloved.

Just now, FuchsFuchs1 said:

wdym "it comes pretty close"?

sorry i was wrong it performs way worse, i would look for atleast an 6750 xt that would be way more expensive. Actually 6600 is 200$, apparently i can't find pages with europe pricing when i googled.

Just now, xdagamer said:

sorry i was wrong it performs way worse, i would look for atleast an 6750 xt that would be way more expensive. Actually 6600 is 200$, apparently i can't find pages with europe pricing when i googled.

you can put a .de behind the domain. should still support english while being in germany

Dual X5690 my beloved.

40 minutes ago, FuchsFuchs1 said:

I have a 1080ti(not founders edition) in my macpro4,1(It runs on 5,1 firmware and windows 10 enterprise) and if been starting to get annoyned of its slow performance. Some ppl on discord suggested i should try a newer amd gpu but wich one?

I think you will have a hard time finding one for under 200€

The relevant cards seem to be 300+ €, and the good upgrades closer to 400 €

Have you looked at the used market? 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

36 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

204€(with shipping) seems to be the price where the 8gb rx6600 go in Europe

Dual X5690 my beloved.

19 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Used 5700xt maybe

Hell no

It's apparently worse then a rx 6600 so it doesn't fit in the category since we already established that the rx 6600 is worse then a 1080ti.

Dual X5690 my beloved.

16 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

I think you will have a hard time finding one for under 200€

The relevant cards seem to be 300+ €, and the good upgrades closer to 400 €

Have you looked at the used market? 

Since I search on eBay it's already included

Dual X5690 my beloved.

6 minutes ago, FuchsFuchs1 said:

Hell no

It's apparently worse then a rx 6600 so it doesn't fit in the category since we already established that the rx 6600 is worse then a 1080ti.

Depending on tests, I recall the 5700xt doing pretty well, even against a 3060. That said, it won't be much of an upgrade to a 1080ti IIRC

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

Any AMD card that is in the range of at least RTX 3060ti will easily beat 1080ti.

So RX 6700 10GB and better.

That said, in new games even RTX 3060 / RX 6600 XT / 6650 XT / 7600 will easily beat 1080ti but will be slower in older games.

It also depends what you want a bit. The RX 6600 might do okay at 1080p, but at that price you won't find a card that can play newer games at 4k.

If you spend a bit more money, you could get the RX 6650XT (~250€ new and maybe slightly cheaper if you go used. If you are patient, you could probably find one for around 200€)

On the other hand, you can find RTX 2080's used for around 200€ which is slightly better (in most cases) than the 1080ti!

6 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Any AMD card that is in the range of at least RTX 3060ti will easily beat 1080ti.

So RX 6700 10GB and better.

That said, in new games even RTX 3060 / RX 6600 XT / 6650 XT / 7600 will easily beat 1080ti but will be slower in older games.

most games I play are 10+ years old... and I busted wanted something more power full for minecraft lol

Dual X5690 my beloved.

9 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

No, I could repurpose my 1080ti for the computer my father uses. (It has a 1030).

Also I did a bit of digging and found out that the 1080ti I have was purchased for 285€

Dual X5690 my beloved.

28 minutes ago, FuchsFuchs1 said:

most games I play are 10+ years old... and I busted wanted something more power full for minecraft lol

Hmm, what cpu do you use? Because minecraft is a downright bastard towards one's cpu if you don't limit the draw distance. 

26 minutes ago, FuchsFuchs1 said:

No, I could repurpose my 1080ti for the computer my father uses. (It has a 1030).

Also I did a bit of digging and found out that the 1080ti I have was purchased for 285€

is there a reason you want it to cost the same as you paid for the old card? I'd suggest looking up inflation for the periode and add that factor when deciding.

Apart from that i agree with the rest, get a rx 6700/rx 6700 xt or better if you can find one that fits your budget. 

Whats the problem with the 1080ti?

In what ways is it lacking?

Or is it just issues with support in mac os since its a nvidia card? Or are you using win 10 only?

Because even the best lga1366 cpu you can have in that mac can simply not fully utilize a 1080ti as they are just quite old and weak. Unless you do some gpu rendering the 1080ti will just be chilling mostly.

58 minutes ago, FuchsFuchs1 said:

Ok so what is the issue then? Because well a 1080ti is WAY powerfull enough to run any 10 year old game.

If you are trying to play modern minecraft well yeah that game runs like crap and even the best cpu in your rig is quite weak. Best you can do is install a mod like sodium to optimize minecraft and that will run extremely well.

Dont know why everyone is recommending a rx6600 as thats just not an upgrade even the 1080ti is faster.

If you want something better for minecraft flat out you need a better cpu. Use gpu-z or msi afterburner when playing you'll see that the gpu is just chilling mostly.

If you have a dual cpu you will also see 1 cpu never ever do anything in games as games dont understand dual cpu's. So you'll just have a single cpu going.

4 hours ago, DeerDK said:

Hmm, what cpu do you use? Because minecraft is a downright bastard towards one's cpu if you don't limit the draw distance. 

is there a reason you want it to cost the same as you paid for the old card? I'd suggest looking up inflation for the periode and add that factor when deciding.

Apart from that i agree with the rest, get a rx 6700/rx 6700 xt or better if you can find one that fits your budget. 

I have a dual X5690.

Also the 1080ti was bought maybe a few months ago

Dual X5690 my beloved.

4 hours ago, jaslion said:

Whats the problem with the 1080ti?

In what ways is it lacking?

Or is it just issues with support in mac os since its a nvidia card? Or are you using win 10 only?

Because even the best lga1366 cpu you can have in that mac can simply not fully utilize a 1080ti as they are just quite old and weak. Unless you do some gpu rendering the 1080ti will just be chilling mostly.

Ok so what is the issue then? Because well a 1080ti is WAY powerfull enough to run any 10 year old game.

If you are trying to play modern minecraft well yeah that game runs like crap and even the best cpu in your rig is quite weak. Best you can do is install a mod like sodium to optimize minecraft and that will run extremely well.

Dont know why everyone is recommending a rx6600 as thats just not an upgrade even the 1080ti is faster.

If you want something better for minecraft flat out you need a better cpu. Use gpu-z or msi afterburner when playing you'll see that the gpu is just chilling mostly.

If you have a dual cpu you will also see 1 cpu never ever do anything in games as games dont understand dual cpu's. So you'll just have a single cpu going.

I cant reach vsync in fullscreen (UWQHD@165fps) at full 32chunks with soldiers vibrant shaders in Faboulessly Optimised with nvidium...

Dual X5690 my beloved.

13 minutes ago, FuchsFuchs1 said:

I have a dual X5690.

Also the 1080ti was bought maybe a few months ago

OK, someone more knowlegable than me may need to pipe in regarding how strong or week a dual X5690 is. I tried googeling it, and it looks quite old, but i honestly have no idea about them. maybe you should try looking up 1080ti Minecraft benchmarks and see if it gives what its supposed to. If not, it may be the ram or the CPU, but im getting out of my depth 🙂

6 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

OK, someone more knowlegable than me may need to pipe in regarding how strong or week a dual X5690 is. I tried googeling it, and it looks quite old, but i honestly have no idea about them. maybe you should try looking up 1080ti Minecraft benchmarks and see if it gives what its supposed to. If not, it may be the ram or the CPU, but im getting out of my depth 🙂

I have 128gb of ddr3 1333mhz. Is that enough? /j

But fr now I doubt there aren't any benchmarks for a x5690 with a 1080ti and Faboulessly Optimised+nvidium...

Dual X5690 my beloved.

3 minutes ago, FuchsFuchs1 said:

I have 128gb of ddr3 1333mhz. Is that enough? /j

But fr now I doubt there aren't any benchmarks for a x5690 with a 1080ti and Faboulessly Optimised+nvidium...

Oh, it uses DDR3. So it IS old. I would honestly look into if you are CPU bottlenecking.
I upgraded from an i5 4690k to ryzen 5600x 1.5 year ago. It was impressive how much it improved running Minecraft - I had a 3060 at that time which was NOT bothered by Vanilla Minecraft at 1080p.

And the 1080ti is not that weaker than a 3060.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

8 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

Oh, it uses DDR3. So it IS old. I would honestly look into if you are CPU bottlenecking.
I upgraded from an i5 4690k to ryzen 5600x 1.5 year ago. It was impressive how much it improved running Minecraft - I had a 3060 at that time which was NOT bothered by Vanilla Minecraft at 1080p.

And the 1080ti is not that weaker than a 3060.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

I used to have a 1080ti founders edition and that gpuwas defnetly faster then the 3060. Also the 3060 has bad performance on my UWQHD monitor 

Dual X5690 my beloved.

6 minutes ago, FuchsFuchs1 said:

I used to have a 1080ti founders edition and that gpuwas defnetly faster then the 3060. Also the 3060 has bad performance on my UWQHD monitor 

Possible. Have never tried a 1080ti, but if you say that your experience is that its faster than a 3060, I would not focus on the GPU if you have issues running Minecraft. You may be dealing with a CPU bottleneck. Your system does sound somewhat dated. 

Can you install MSI afterburner on your computer? I think it would be good to try to monitor your CPU and GPU usage when playing.