what are the best chrome alternatives? formerly youtube blocked adblockers. help

Go to solution Solved by Indian pc builder,

Revival: ublock origin works with YouTube. Back to chrome!

alternatives  

3 members have voted

1. 1. which one?

• brave
    • opera
    • edge

image.thumb.png.71b4fea556c9639bc1061846c00e7494.png

youtube blocked adblockers, how do i get around this? is there an adbocker that can avoid being detected?

so about new browzers, opera has the cool sidebar which lets me do quite a bit of stuff plus the vpn location changer thing, though i already have a vpn subscriptiion plus, i don't really like opera which leaves brave which os good, but then edge has the bing ai on my fingertips, does that mean i switch to edge?????

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

12 minutes ago, Blackjack1336 said:

It’s annoying but for now you can just click the x in the right upper corner. 

Nope, it limits you to three ads before it just blocks the player outright (at least that's what it did for me). 

16 minutes ago, Indian pc builder said:

image.thumb.png.71b4fea556c9639bc1061846c00e7494.png

youtube blocked adblockers, how do i get around this? is there an adbocker that can avoid being detected?

There is a way though I'm pretty sure it bypasses forum rules to say how to do so.

2 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Nope, it limits you to three ads before it just blocks the player outright (at least that's what it did for me). 

There is a way though I'm pretty sure it bypasses forum rules to say how to do so.

For me I can just open a new tab and then I can keep going, but I’m constantly incognito and use no script. 

22 minutes ago, emosun said:

buy youtube premium or watch the stupid ads

I agree 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, Blackjack1336 said:

It’s annoying but for now you can just click the x in the right upper corner. 

they apparently eventually fully block you, i got a "3 more videos" notice this morning.

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

@Skiiwee29 does it bypass forum rules?

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

1 hour ago, WereCat said:

Have you tried to block that pop up with uBlock Origin element picker?

image.png.3680e892c7b758dc26c6c0d1306941ef.png

eem, I just downloaded the extension but can't quit figure out how to block the popup, exactly how do I do that?

This new blocking the ad blocker is going to provide me with endless amusement.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

28 minutes ago, Indian pc builder said:

eem, I just downloaded the extension but can't quit figure out how to block the popup, exactly how do I do that?

It works like a color picker. You literally just click on the elements on the websites you want to block.

Pick a different browser and stop using Chrome.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

5 minutes ago, WereCat said:

It works like a color picker. You literally just click on the elements on the websites you want to block.

it doesn't actually seem to work as the player is not loaded until the popup message goes away properly

anyone else feeling a bit edgy????

• 3 weeks later...

Revival: ublock origin works with YouTube. Back to chrome!