"Comcast plans data limits for all customers"

DoubleY

140515103840-comcast-620xa.jpg

Comcast is considering imposing monthly usage limits for all of its Internet customers.

Cohen said the company would aim to set the limit at a level where "the vast majority of our customers" wouldn't be affected. He speculated that the limit might be set at 350 gigabytes or 500 gigabytes per month. A cap of that size would allow you to download or stream between 70 and 125 HD movies, which typically run about four or five gigabytes in size.

65wat. I thought we were progressing away from Data caps. At least with my ISP, my data cap is 1TB (which I actually do come close to some months). 

I really hope that their planes change. Data capes are the literal definition of cancer. 

Le Source: http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/15/technology/comcast-data-limits/index.html

1Tb!!!! I am capped at 200gb.... sad face

-

Intel i5-4670K, Asus Maximus VII (z97), 16gb Kingston, Asus Gtx 780, Fractal Design Define Mini, 250Gb Samsung Evo, Corsair CS650M

Yey dis meh Pc

1Tb!!!! I am capped at 200gb.... sad face

-

It's ok <3 I'll let you come to my house. 

Going backwards huh.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I'm capped at...unlimited.

Surfing the web on that good Fios Internet.

3505957750.pngVerizon-FiOS__130318002338.jpg

X8uHvqH.gif

Sucks for all of the Crapcast customers, buuuut I don't really have to worry about this...for the time being. 

COMIC SANS

I'm capped at...unlimited.

Surfing the web on that Good Fios Internet.

Sucks for all of the Crapcast customers, buuuut I don't really have to worry about this...for the time being. 

At what cost though? 

At what cost though? 

Well, we have a bundled deal going on where we get cable, Internet, and a home phone. All of that is ~$150 before taxes (I believe). If you want JUST the Internet with those speeds, it would be ~$95 before taxes. 

EDIT: Proof: https://www.verizon.com/home/shop/shopping.htm

(Just select and deselect whatever.)

Our Internet plan is the one that offers 75 down and 35 up. We obviously get much more than that in practice, which is nice. 

8PsuK.png

COMIC SANS

Well, we have a bundled deal going on where we get cable, Internet, and a home phone. All of that is ~$150 before taxes (I believe). If you want JUST the Internet with those speeds, it would be ~$95 before taxes. 

Meh. Not impressed, but not wanting to kill myself either. 

Meh. Not impressed, but not wanting to kill myself either. 

Heh. It's pricey, sure, but you really are getting very good quality of service with Verizon. The way I see it, they're the lesser of the evils of the major ISPs out there...at least here in 'Merica. Verizon at least gives you option for fast speeds, even if it's a bit costly (unlike AT&T and they're freaking expensive DSL) and they also give you unlimited data (unlike Time Warner, Crapcast, AT&T, and a lot of other ISPs out there).

COMIC SANS

Just tag every comcast van you see.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

300 gb at 30 down 2 up for $80 a month, fuck you optus, fuck you Abbott, fuck this country

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

300 gb at 30 down 2 up for $80 a month, fuck you optus, fuck you Abbott, fuck this country

Well said. I get 4 down and 0.1 up (in megabytes) 200gb cap and I pay $80/month. I feel like killing myself...

Aussie Aussie Aussie

EDIT: Proof: https://www.verizon.com/home/shop/shopping.htm

(Just select and deselect whatever.)

Our Internet plan is the one that offers 75 down and 35 up. We obviously get much more than that in practice, which is nice. 

8PsuK.png

That is for 1 year, whats the price hike after that first year? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Well said. I get 4 down and 0.1 up (in megabytes) 200gb cap and I pay $80/month. I feel like killing myself...

Sometimes i feel that it might just be better for my mental health to not even bother being a techie and just go ride bikes more. Not like it would be any cheaper.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Today I did a speed test on my phone with 4G LTE: 43mbps down at 13 up.  With my cable provider I get 50 down and 4 up. How does my phone have better up speeds? How is a wireless connection damn near the speed of a wired connection? 0.o Fortunately I have a relatively smaller ISP who has some competition in my area to be a decent company. No data caps for me.

we should rise as one and slay them. 

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

That is for 1 year, whats the price hike after that first year?

I don't believe our price to pay has ever changed?

COMIC SANS

Try getting 18/2Mbps with a 15GB data cap for the same price.

:(

I don't believe our price to pay has ever changed?

Not sure if your ISPs do the same thing, but most in Canada like to offer special price for the first year or first few months after signing a new internet contract, then after double the price on you.... I always assume when seeing ie $75/month for 1 year will mean you something $100 after a year as the promo ran out. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I get 120mbps down and 12 mbps upload for £28 per month without any caps.

Suck it.

Try getting 18/2Mbps with a 15GB data cap for the same price.

:(

Man I feel sorry for you :(

Aussie Aussie Aussie

Try TPG, or iiNet. Optus is so slow.

Try TPG, or iiNet. Optus is so slow.

I have heard so many bad things about TPG and iiNet, most of the people i know on those ISPs have sub 10mb down.

Move to the UK and get fibre internet with no data caps

3506465669.png

I hate data caps with a passion. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I have heard so many bad things about TPG and iiNet, most of the people i know on those ISPs have sub 10mb down.

TPG is faster than Optus in my experience and iiNet is better still. iiNet has its own ADSL2+ network, but TPG is rumoured to be building a fibre network very soon.

TPG is faster than Optus in my experience and iiNet is better still. iiNet has its own ADSL2+ network, but TPG is rumoured to be building a fibre network very soon.

if the can prove to me that they will provide a faster than 30 down connection than i will defiantly switch to TPG. Half the reason that i am apprehesive about switching is that there are no guarantees about the speed that you will get in this country. All they tell you is how much data you have.