I need a new phone.

JordB
1 hour ago, filpo said:

Maybe he's ok with it for a challenge (since it's one month long) as I don't think he'd WANT to use an iPhone but if we all suggest it its like he HAS to 

I don’t think he cares that much. He sounded pretty open to using it as his main new phone. He’s daily driven iPhones before. 

I can only aggree that an iphone 13mini is a great great choice, i have it myself, and best of all.

Be comfortable with your phone, you know the saying, "Big phone, small peepee" :P

The best phone is now Galaxy S23 Ultra, big screen good specs, and is the one what you need for everyday use, but get the 1Tb version if you worry about the memory, and also it has 12 gb ram, so multitasking is no problem

I have been using the pixel 6, and can't say I have had significant issues. If you're worried about software updates, just get graphene os on it and install Google Play (along with stuff like Google Camera). I think it meets most of your requirements. It's possible to install different "launcher apps" in case you want it to feel like something else (like a samsung). You'll be surprised home much of software hassle can be changed if you're willing to do so.

Of course I imagine newer pixels may have more features, but pixel 6 is the one I actually use.

Note: I'm not sure if call quality is good or bad in pixels, but I haven't had a bad experience with it.

You should use the iphone 11 pro. It feels great to hold in your hand without a case.

I know this isn't the poll place, but honestly the Fairphone 5 seems like a great fit (Massive reparibility, Android, and Fairphone offering massive software support). I'd consider the iPhone 15 Pro for Apple's no-nonsense UX design, legendary software support, finally adding USB-C that should work with the file manager (it does on iPads), and the easier to replace back glass.

Maybe some rugged phone? I think the only caveat it's 4G

Bonus, it's waterproof up to 1m I believe with under water photography.

Dual Sim slot, charge other devices

https://www.blackview.hk/products/item/bv9300

01-20230518072134133.thumb.png.8a41c692b95a4426c3f1fb892d11deb2.png

frequency.PNG

There's Lesser version as well BV8800 Pro, comes with thermal camera and came out 2 years ago. But does have 5G. Which is a bit weird.

On 10/3/2023 at 3:30 PM, Discomfort said:

Samsung Galaxy s10e

With the removal of the fingerprint sensor in the power button, I think I'm not alone when I say in screen fingerprint reading sucks comparatively.
would love to see him run the last Samsung galaxy phone with this feature, if he makes a full in-depth review, it could convince some Samsung execs to bring it back and quit with the in-screen fingerprint reading.

This phone is also small form factor and still has decent speed. Very much underrated imo

image.jpeg.87d450f844ddbb3f20585d0d8d290728.jpeg

I still daily a s10e awesome phone I pair it with a spigen case and its industructable

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I think the Samsung s23 ultra will fit your day to day needs. It has a large screen for easy viewing, It comes with a usb 3.2 to handle the transfer speeds needed. The phone is not 100% water proof but is water resistant being able to be fully submerged for 30 minutes. Having Gorilla Glass Victus 2 makes it a durable phone without a case.  The Samsung s23 ultra is very fast and comes with a Dynamic Amoled 2x screen offering 120 hz, HDR 10+ at 1440 x 3088 pixels with 500ppi density. With it being a newer phone it will also have the latest android software. The camera is a 200 megapixel with up to 100 times zoom if needed. capturing moments with family is important so its no slouch being able to record 4k video at 60 fps in HDR 10 plus or even 8k at 24 or 30 fps. 

I am sure you will do or have already done your own research on this phone and many others. I hope this helps with your future phone search.

P.S, I am sure there are other ways to cool your phone off then the pool. 

Pixel 7 pro, pixel 8 pro or pixel fold, and if you decide you don't like Google's layout for some reason you can download the try galaxy app and use the Samsung stuff. 

(But all three pixel phones have all the features you want, and give better video quality than iPhones, faster charging than iPhones, and since Google stole HTC's engineers after the one came out it's only gotten better and better, plus Google's silicon is powerful)

On 10/4/2023 at 11:34 AM, costafilh0 said:

I hope Linus doesn't fall under the pressure of the brainwashed portion of the community about that useless Fairphone marketing BS. Or the trolls wanting him to use some other also crappy device.

I'd rather learn something and get more reviews later than get a month-long prank and this to be the last review for the next 5 years.

And I especially want a long term review of the new Pixels with 7-year updates.

But I think that's too much to ask and he'll end up upgrading to the Fold 5 after a month even if he tries the Pixel Fold.

He could go with the pixel fold after trying a pixel phone out.

On 10/3/2023 at 10:27 PM, powellbm86 said:

Background: I’ve used Android phones since the HTC Nexus One. More recently, I’ve been on the Samsung train for several years now. I had the Note 10, S20+, and S22+. When I started a new job, they said I needed a work phone so I gave Apple a shot with the 13 Pro.  

Most of what I use at work is internet based. A lot of people strongly dislike Safari for whatever reason, but it does something no other browser does to my knowledge. So you have different project groups open on you laptop. Say something like 6 tabs researching one projects, 6 more for a hobby, and like 10 other groups. You can open them on your phone and your tablet. They are already open and grouped. It’s seamless to jump between. Absolutely destroys Chrome.

You use the AirPods. They can jump between devices with no effort. Beats Samsung’s ecosystem by a mile. 

And for these reasons, I went with the iPhone 15 Pro Max from my S22+.  Everything just works.

Now I have a Windows computer at home (12700k, 4080) for everything else, mainly gaming.  Everything still works just the same as if I had Android, as far as what I do. 

• You were concerned with USB speed, iPhone pro has usb3 speeds. They do well with video and photos.
  • The new pro models have a button instead of a switch which you can assign to the camera to keep that quick access.
  • The screen is plenty big on the pro max and the titanium “build” does help keep the weight down.
  • The battery life has been great on both on my iPhones.  
  • You said no case and no wireless charging. If you do go that route, MagSafe is the way to go. There’s no throwing your phone on the plate and wondering if you lined it up right. It just works.
  • The accessory options are endless and integrate better with less models to have to be adapted to. 
  • I do keep a thin case on mine along with a screen protector. The phones are mint. Don’t know how it would hold up naked. 
  • Sound, the speakers are awesome. Loud and clear. I use it on the shower door and can hear the WAN show perfectly clear.
  • I do like CarPlay better than android auto. They are close, but CarPlay is cleaner to me. I hate Apple Maps and you can’t make it not the default, but you can use maps and just put it on the Home Screen. 
  • The iPhone 15 added threads for smart home integration. I don’t personally use it, but it’d be worth a google to see if it could work with your house shenanigans  

That’s my 2 cents. Thanks for your content and keep it up. Good luck on your phone hunting endeavors. 

Pixel phones allow the same feature with chrome. Additionally iPhones are crap for hardware, Android allows way more freedom for side loading apps, you get much faster USB-c charging, screens usually come with higher refresh rates and are more durable than iPhones. (Since Apple decided not to use the gorilla glad they created to sell more screens) Google offers literally everything Apple does but you actually get your money's worth. (Watch, earbuds, new glasses coming that actually translate and provide subtitles to other languages, etc.) Showers are great, and Google's new pixels (7 and newer) have the best color reproduction of any phone on the market that give the true color. Not to mention their AI far surpasses the offerings from Apple) it sounds like you should give the pixel 7 pro or pixel 8 a try yourself. 

I think you should daily drive the Honor Vs or Honor V purse.  This is a foldable phone with all of the creature comforts you're used to and folds even flatter.  And you can sideload the playstore :-)

You've got to try the Xiaomi 13 Pro 5G Global version, Xiaomi's MIUI always feels fun to use the android and I love the customization to stand out in the crowd though Linus may not care about it. Overall good phone

Hey linus love the vidz you should try the iphone 5 se it was one of my favorite phones ever

On 10/3/2023 at 2:08 PM, JordB said:

Thanks to an unexpected dip in the pool, Linus' trusty Z Fold 3 is out of commission, and he needs YOUR help picking his next phone!

Is there any competition here? The Zenphone 10 is clearly what he needs. It has the durability, the power, the compact size, and THE HEADPHONE JACK.