LTT Official Folding Month VI

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Message added by TVwazhere,

Daily point updates are posted here:

10 minutes ago, houndtt said:

Hmm, there was a good reason why I changed my username though. When I started I had it as Michael. On your spreadsheet it listed me as houndtt which is my forum name. When I click my username in the client however I got to a stats page which showed a bunch of points and work units which was not from me (I assume because Michael is a popular name). So I checked that there was no houndtt and I changed my username to my forum name so that everything would be unique to me.

I thought this would match up on your end since you already knew my correct forum name and when I signed up and I don't think I provided a username so I assumed you matched based on my passkey.

Duplicate folding names isn't actually a problem, that's what the passkey is for. Anyway I'll check and make sure changing it won't break your starting points which would also break the daily points, if it's not a problem I'll change it.

@houndtt Changed however because your name has changed it's an entirely new folding name/ID so I've had to reset your starting points to 7th 00:00 UTC and copied that across the remaining days. Basically that means you got zero points and WUs for the first week however the next daily update you'll get credited all days after the 7th so that daily points will be much higher than the following days after.

You're just going to be missing the 1st-6th points unfortunately.

Changing unique identifiers during an event is always a bad idea without checking first 🙃

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

@houndtt Changed however because your name has changed it's an entirely new folding name/ID so I've had to reset your starting points to 7th 00:00 UTC and copied that across the remaining days. Basically that means you got zero points and WUs for the first week however the next daily update you'll get credited all days after the 7th so that daily points will be much higher than the following days after.

You're just going to be missing the 1st-6th points unfortunately.

Thanks much. I'll look out for the update tomorrow. Happy to leave my computer on for the next few weeks to catch up 🙂

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Right after undoing everything, lets try that again without ruining literally everything....

This is why we have a "no modifying anything after even starts" rule.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

40 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

This is why we have a "no modifying anything after even starts" rule.

Eh I thought it would be simple and not actually a problem. Oh well fixed and changed and won't be a problem anymore.

look at that consistency! slots 5 and 6 are both 4070Ti's and they're pretty damn close to identical in PPD right now.

image.png.91b4d1caf5bf092f2defbe43c687df91.png

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

look at that consistency! slots 5 and 6 are both 4070Ti's and they're pretty damn close to identical in PPD right now.

image.png.91b4d1caf5bf092f2defbe43c687df91.png

What program are you getting this from?

So when I woke up my pc was powered down this morning... 

Something is definitely going on and I'll have to keep an eye on it, not sure what the cause could be tbh. It has been restarting itself about once every 7-10 days overnight mostly but this is the first time it hasn't powered itself back on... 

Hopefully it holds up until the end of folding month... I'm thinking PSU or motherboard. Motherboard because I'm running a 5950x on a X370 board

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

50 minutes ago, NetoriusNick said:

What program are you getting this from?

it's a script i stole from @Gorgon i think? it just runs in a Linux terminal with the watch command and shows your ppd output per slot

#!/bin/bash
#Slot Points Per Day Array
declare -a slot_ppds

# The Slot Index (Starts at 0)
declare -i slot_idx

# The Number of slots
declare -i slot_num=0

# Get the Queue Info from the Local Folding Client and process it one
# line at a time.
FAHClient --send-command queue-info | grep '^  {' | {
    while read queue_line; do
        slot_idx=$(echo $queue_line | awk -F',' '{print $25}' | awk -F':' '{print $2}' | sed -e s/\"//g)
        slot_ppds[slot_idx]=$(echo $queue_line | awk -F',' '{print $12}' | awk -F':' '{print $2}' | sed -e s/\"//g)
        ((slot_num++))
    done
    let i=0
    while [ $i -lt $slot_num ]; do
        echo slot $i ${slot_ppds[$i]}
        ((i++))
    done
}

On 10/2/2023 at 5:29 AM, Levent said:

I was just looking into how FAH works with Apple Silicon. Do let us know that works, I got an M1 machine I can throw into mix.

I've been using it on my M1 iMac. Was using an Ubuntu VM but then switched to the v8 beta client which supports Apple Silicon. You can get it here: https://foldingathome.org/beta/

From what I've seen online, this only supports CPU based folding at the moment and will probably not support GPU folding anytime soon.

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

Eh I thought it would be simple and not actually a problem. Oh well fixed and changed and won't be a problem anymore.

Sorry to have caused issues with my request. Appreciate you working through it for me.

sigh VM broke again, gonna assume it has to do with drivers and install older ones this time. Hopefully that clears it up

"The most important step a man can take. It’s not the first one, is it?
It’s the next one. Always the next step, Dalinar."
–Chapter 118, Oathbringer, Stormlight Archive #3 by Brandon Sanderson

Older stuff:

Spoiler

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Something is definitely going on and I'll have to keep an eye on it, not sure what the cause could be tbh. It has been restarting itself about once every 7-10 days overnight mostly but this is the first time it hasn't powered itself back on... 

Hopefully it holds up until the end of folding month... I'm thinking PSU or motherboard. Motherboard because I'm running a 5950x on a X370 board

The first two things I'd think to check are the wattage on the 12v rails of your power supply (as in, just checking the spec of the power supply to make sure the 12-volt wattage isn't close to the consumption of your cards), and to fire up something like HWinfo to check the VRM temperatures of your motherboard. I know that 5th gen Ryzen ended up drawing more power than the previous gens did, and some of the lower spec previous-gen motherboards didn't have VRM cooling built to handle them. Could just be as simple as pointing a fan at them, though I'd assume it would've started back up pretty quick in that case.

14 minutes ago, Baha said:

The first two things I'd think to check are the wattage on the 12v rails of your power supply (as in, just checking the spec of the power supply to make sure the 12-volt wattage isn't close to the consumption of your cards), and to fire up something like HWinfo to check the VRM temperatures of your motherboard. I know that 5th gen Ryzen ended up drawing more power than the previous gens did, and some of the lower spec previous-gen motherboards didn't have VRM cooling built to handle them. Could just be as simple as pointing a fan at them, though I'd assume it would've started back up pretty quick in that case.

Theres top mounted fans so I don't think it will be VRM but I'm wanting to upgrade to a B550 or X570 board anyway for PCIe reasons so that will happen around Christmas and will soon know if that is the issue. 

As for the PSU it's a 1000W EVGA supernova model of some kind so can't see it being a capacity issue, but it is older so maybe an age issue 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

So what you're saying is I might get to pass you in rank?

Edit: I looked, and I did pass you. haha get rekt 

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU:  Intel Core i7-14700K
CPU Cooler: Deepcool LT720
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000

Storage 1: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB

Storage 2: Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB
Video Card: EVGA XC3 ULTRA GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x2)
Monitor Main: MSI G274QPF-QD 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

2 minutes ago, TylerD321 said:

Edit: I looked, and I did pass you. haha get rekt 

I do have another 3 GPUs not currently folding... 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I do have another 3 GPUs not currently folding... 

There is nothing like some (mostly) friendly competition to make you want to make more ppd. I have a 3050 I am not folding on right now but I am too lazy to set it up.

Main Gaming Machine

15 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Theres top mounted fans so I don't think it will be VRM but I'm wanting to upgrade to a B550 or X570 board anyway for PCIe reasons so that will happen around Christmas and will soon know if that is the issue. 

As for the PSU it's a 1000W EVGA supernova model of some kind so can't see it being a capacity issue, but it is older so maybe an age issue 

Alright so in this situation the issue was the power went and I wasn't informed so the server has been down all day.. Fuck sake 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Alright so in this situation the issue was the power went and I wasn't informed so the server has been down all day.. Fuck sake 

What if you had a ups and wake on power set up? would that resolve issue? I don't know if the ups would start supplying power again once it reaches a certain threshold??

Main Gaming Machine

2 minutes ago, TylerD321 said:

What if you had a ups and wake on power set up? would that resolve issue? I don't know if the ups would start supplying power again once it reaches a certain threshold??

Don't have the money or space for a UPS of a size large enough to make it make sense 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240