Bunch of random charges from Floatplane

More Spencer
Go to solution Solved by Murasaki,

Hi, I accidentally got 2 subscriptions to LTT on Floatplane, and for some reason it's just gone haywire and is charging me twice a day? Please help, anybody.. lol.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ac55af4b231709c2664406759051898a.png

image.png.a9a934f2f412320518db70ffb2da7100.png

Just under $3000 a year channel subscription. What a deal!

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

1 hour ago, More Spencer said:

Hi, I accidentally got 2 subscriptions to LTT on Floatplane, and for some reason it's just gone haywire and is charging me twice a day? Please help, anybody.. lol.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.ac55af4b231709c2664406759051898a.png

image.png.a9a934f2f412320518db70ffb2da7100.png

That's how they get by during the week of no videos. 

Charges will go back to weekly once they get ad revenue again.

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

28 minutes ago, venomtail said:

Just under $3000 a year channel subscription. What a deal!

Gotta make up for all of those lost subscriptions.

The floatplane business model (other YouTube alternatives are going the same way) of paying subscriptions per channel really made it unappealing to me. 

That is the hard part of there ever being a YouTube alternative. YouTube I pay premium and get all access. But I subscribe to over 150 channels and watch a dozen at any one time. That would be broke levels of expensive if I had to pay per channel. 

Check that those have all been taken from your PayPal and its just not site bugging out. Also, only way to know for sure, get help and get refund if needed is to contact support. You are paying customer, support is the only real way to get answers, not community forums where you shouldn't post details.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, William Payne said:

The floatplane business model (other YouTube alternatives are going the same way) of paying subscriptions per channel really made it unappealing to me. 

That is the hard part of there ever being a YouTube alternative. YouTube I pay premium and get all access. But I subscribe to over 150 channels and watch a dozen at any one time. That would be broke levels of expensive if I had to pay per channel. 

You actually don't get all access.  YouTube channels can put videos behind subscriptions on there, which you DON'T have access to with premium.

Floatplane isn't a YT competitor. Its a patreon (or other monthly subscription to specific channels) competitor.

I think the site is just being a bit screwy. My payment failed and I can’t make another card stick, so I’m without subscription at the moment. 

1 hour ago, SnipeGrzywa said:

You actually don't get all access.  YouTube channels can put videos behind subscriptions on there, which you DON'T have access to with premium. 

Yeah I know what you mean. I have seen that . I should have worded it differently. 

They’re trying to make back their recent losses…

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

12 hours ago, Rjinswand said:

I think the site is just being a bit screwy. My payment failed and I can’t make another card stick, so I’m without subscription at the moment. 

There's too many variables to pinpoint that whether its the site, their payment processor, your bank or card handler. From personal experience, even human error for the card not sticking is possible (I was using wrong combination of security code and number with my hybrid card at one point).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv