Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

5 minutes ago, Someona said:

She was comfortable with initiating sex jokes at work (to her boss), and taking pictures with sex poses at work (unconfirmed but seems like at work),

Evidence that she was comfortable with sex topics.

If you told sex jokes to a female coworker and she reported you, is that harassment?

Irrelevant.  The behaviours she described were not jokes.   And she expressed that she was uncomfortable with the behaviours being exhibited.

9 minutes ago, Someona said:

She was comfortable with initiating sex jokes at work (to her boss), and taking pictures with sex poses at work (unconfirmed but seems like at work),

If you told sex jokes to a female coworker and she reported you, is that harassment?

"My evidence that she consented to sexual harassment is my made-up evidence of taking pictures with sex poses that are unconfirmed."

(even if confirmed btw, IS NOT CONSENT TO BEING HARASSED)

STOP sir holy shit. You are this close to saying she was asking for it. 

If she communicated the joke or comments made towards her was unappreciated (which she did) and the jokes/comments continued, THEN YES that is harassment. 

I just want to stress tangentially, that even a sex worker, can be (and are) sexually harassed and assaulted, at work, at home, in public, etc. You know, the people who take pictures and videos. Them being in the adult industry is NOT consent. The fact that you think a picture with poses that are sexual is a free pass is beyond false.

8 minutes ago, Someona said:

Yeah we have 0 evidence of those things happening, and yet we do have evidence that is she publicly telling jokes about eating man's ass, and similar nature, and above you see her telling sex jokes to her unsuspecting boss, and on another you see her taking a sexual pose at the workplace? (not sure if the workplace but it looks like it)

So you're ignoring all of this evidence, but you're totally on board in believing the claims that have 0 evidence.

I have no idea if what she's saying is true, in part or in its entirety. I think she deserves our thoughts and support and for it to be thoroughly and independently investigated, but I'm not going to claim that anything she's said is definitive proof of anything.

What I am saying is that your "evidence" doesn't excuse the things she's said happened if true. I'm saying that you digging up a post where she makes a joke literally makes no difference, because it doesn't make it okay to do the things she's accusing them of. I'm not saying they definitely did do those things, I'm saying that no amount of "omg she said a naughty on social media" would ever be justification for the things that she said happened, so you might as well stop trying to dig them up.

Either she's telling the truth, and it doesn't matter that she made a "deez nuts" joke on social, or she's not telling the truth, and it still doesn't matter that she made a "deez nuts" joke on social.

2 minutes ago, Someona said:

Keep your co-workers at a distance.

Keep every interaction to a bare minimum.

Make sure you are in a crowded environment at all times.

Ask for consent to record every interaction.

Make sure your workplace has cameras at angles where you are clearly seen at all times

Never make any type of physical contact. This includes handshakes and fist bumps.

Stand atleast 6 feet away at all times.

At my old job, people thought I wasn't social and hated being around them. They were correct both times, but at least I made it out with no accusations on my end.

4 minutes ago, Someona said:

Nuance, ever heard of it? Could be discussed before the clip was filmed, could be discussed in general. Even if it was out of the blue - nothing she mentions in her Twitter thread is excusable. Someone mentioned before - public persona in videos != persona in private at work. This is everything but evidence.

Says quite a bit about people if all they can do is try to single out and excuse a single accusation (which is not even the worst of the bunch).

5 minutes ago, Someona said:

Given all of the jokes i've seen, from the ROG rig reboot, to various postings from twitter and tiktok. It would seem she might be trying to stir up trouble. While I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, making claims like this can and will ruin lives. Even if it becomes clear the claims were not valid and the accused is vindicated. 

This whole week has been terrible for all involved. 

1 minute ago, Labelz231 said:

Keep your co-workers at a distance.

Keep every interaction to a bare minimum.

Make sure you are in a crowded environment at all times.

Ask for consent to record every interaction.

Make sure your workplace has cameras at angles where you are clearly seen at all times

Never make any type of physical contact. This includes handshakes and fist bumps.

Stand atleast 6 feet away at all times.

At my old job, people thought I wasn't social and hated being around them. They were correct both times, but at least I made it out with no accusations on my end.

Bro, just dont be a dick. That literally eliminates almost all stuff that might be thrown at you.

You didnt make it out of your former workplace without accusations because you did all that - you did, because you didnt do anything worth of an accusation. Stop pretending men at large are victims of evil women.

I'd like to respond to you but it's getting late here in Europe, but I I just saw this on reddit so I have to share

image.thumb.png.288ca100d2d6bead98218ae5b3765f9e.png

https://old.reddit.com/r/LinusTechTips/comments/15szmdj/mods_need_to_step_it_up/jwh47xi/

If anyone is wondering why Reddit's sub is largely filled with hateful LTT comments is because LTT's subreddit top moderator started banning anyone who doesn't believe the Madison's story while calling them incels.

Just now, Taor13 said:

Bro, just dont be a dick. That literally eliminates almost all stuff that might be thrown at you.

You didnt make it out of your former workplace without accusations because you did all that - you did, because you didnt do anything worth of an accusation. Stop pretending men at large are victims of evil women.

I never said this was limited to only one sex. This is goes for all of them equally.

Just now, Labelz231 said:

I never said this was limited to only one sex. This is goes for all of them equally.

Well, I am terribly sorry for assuming you meant women, when there were numerous fairytayles in this thread about women wrongly accusing men in the work place and not a single one about a man.

42 minutes ago, Someona said:

The cope is unreal. 🤮

2 hours ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

I had never seen Madison in a video before. I'm glad I did. She seems like a really smart person, even though she doesn't have a clue about what's going on in this one. Still, she was awesome. It's sad she was so mistreated.

I watched it when the vid came out and absolutely loved it, Linus being stressed and put on a test by Madison, how she was and joked about stuff, her way of communicating and being itself, I was one of those begging for Linus to hire her again after she tried first applying and got rejected, and when they announced it, I was happy, I was outrageous looking what will happen and... Madison appeared in 1 (one) vid of techquikie, and 1 (one) vid as a mad scientist, then she disappeared and it was weird...

I'm sad if Madison had to go so many stuff there, having a dream job become hell makes people go downhill fast

1 hour ago, Someona said:

That's the thing do, I don't think she was sexually harassed, you now see she was opening up with sex jokes at the work place. TO HER BOSS.

Chances are when you're comfortable with sex topics at the workplace you're gonna talk about the topic of sex, if then you somehow had a falling out with a coworker doesn't somehow made you or them sexually harass each other.

Until there's further evidence this is the most likely explanation of what happened.

This level of bullshitery spoken by one person is enough to feed a country dude stop, she made a TikTok that will be a Deez nuts joke so, fun for the fans. Making a sex joke ≠ consent to other stuff on the people that said it, bruh, if a woman makes a light sex joke it isn't her consenting to everything else 

46 minutes ago, Someona said:

💀💀💀💀💀💀 Get this out my god, consent in his brain means nothing

4 minutes ago, Kangar said:

I watched it when the vid came out and absolutely loved it, Linus being stressed and put on a test by Madison, how she was and joked about stuff, her way of communicating and being itself, I was one of those begging for Linus to hire her again after she tried first applying and got rejected, and when they announced it, I was happy, I was outrageous looking what will happen and... Madison appeared in 1 (one) vid of techquikie, and 1 (one) vid as a mad scientist, then she disappeared and it was weird...

I'm sad if Madison had to go so many stuff there, having a dream job become hell makes people go downhill fast

I think everyone loved the Rig Reboot video and that pretty obviously segued into her getting hired. Her first videos on camera as an employee? Not so great, objectively. I'm sure there's a much bigger difference when suddenly you are being scrutinized and your job is to actually write/perform as opposed to being off the cuff the way the rig reboot video was. Who knows how close in proximity those videos also were to the other traumas happening (both alleged and confirmed, such as her brother passing and the stress surrounding her hiring/moving). 

i9-13900k | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | G. Skill 32GB DDR5 7200

MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | Alienware aw3423dwf

Lian Li o11 Dynamic XL ROG | ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO | ROG Thor 1000w Platinum II
Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB OS Drive | Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB x2 RAID 0 Game Drive

Has this thread been rolled-back or something? 

This font is amazing.

1 hour ago, Someona said:

Holy Mother of God. Tell me you have no idea about women without telling me you have no idea about women. Or human decency for that matter.

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

9 minutes ago, Sasha2D said:

Yeah I saw that, not sure what happened. 

Thank god I'm not going crazy.
Not sure if a bug or posts have just been deleted but the mods deleted one of my posts previously and I received a message/notification informing me which didn't happen this time.

This font is amazing.

16 hours ago, Kaine_ver.1.22474487139 said:

I'm curious about how HR would handle things said "on the clock" vs "off the clock" and if "implied consent" has any merit in social spaces like a bar where having a drink after work would have a certain expectancy of unprofessional discussion and behavior and how far that would extend to something like LTT's staff rooms and activities where they can game after the day's work is done.

It depends if it’s a work sanctioned/organised activity or just a group of people who happen to work in the same place for the bar.

The LTT gaming areas would be a very interesting court case as the line between work and off the clock would be very blurred. 

As for people pulling out examples of things on camera for the last few pages.  

LMG is a media company, it’s scripted…. There is literally a whole department of people who job is to write said lines, plan such interactions everyone knows (roughly) beforehand what’s happening.  

Context is important.  It’s like saying actors had “sex” in a movie so that’s obvious that they are in a relationship…

Almost everything you see published is scripted and planned.  The parasocial issues are huge, these people aren’t your mates posting to snap on a Friday night.

It’s a media company producing media.

So sorry to see you guys having to deal with this fuckin snowflake on top of everything that's going on right now.

It seems to me that all these 'allegations' are just things that have been taken way out of context and are now being used as ammo against LMG

Love you guys and love your work. You can get through this ❤️

7 hours ago, HenrySalayne said:

Funnily, Reddit was switched to community only mode when it heated up while this forum stayed open to outsiders.

But the real hypocrisy is that you had only one post in this forum, @RatKnight, before you chimed in on this conversation. Complaining about outsiders while being one is a tough sell...

I might be new to the forums, but you will also note I have had an account here for 3 years.  I have been a member of floatplane, reddit, this forum, discord, and YT for years. 

I engaged in this specific conversation because it felt important, and I was tired of the mob on reddit.

There are lots of folks engaging everywhere that have never been involved in any of this.  I did not specify "the forums" I specified "the community".

Many of the people posting, on both sides, have never watched an LTT video outside of it showing up here and there on their recommended, and certainly haven't engaged in any part of the community outside of events like this.

1 minute ago, Sasha2D said:

How late is the WAN show *normally*? 

No WAN show today 

1 minute ago, Sasha2D said:

How late is the WAN show *normally*? 

30 - 60 minutes (or more).  This week, it'll be 7 days late.