Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

Since when was it canceled I thought they said it was on. 

2 minutes ago, Sasha2D said:

Since when was it canceled I thought they said it was on. 

I saw a post on Reddit that it was cancelled today.  

They should start the WAN show and announce that there won't be a WAN Show to keep the streak going while also making the shortest WAN show in LTT history.

22 minutes ago, S_g said:

LMG is a media company, it’s scripted…. There is literally a whole department of people who job is to write said lines, plan such interactions everyone knows (roughly) beforehand what’s happening.  

Context is important.  It’s like saying actors had “sex” in a movie so that’s obvious that they are in a relationship…

Almost everything you see published is scripted and planned.  The parasocial issues are huge, these people aren’t your mates posting to snap on a Friday night.

It’s a media company producing media.

Yeah, exactly.

I'm almost certain that, at the time, the TikTok where Madison made this joke was approved by Linus or someone else in management. It's content, not reality. I've said it once and I'll say it again: the truth is — we don't know what happened and speculating on what did is dangerous. That's the point of the investigation, to find out what happened, and figure out next steps. (And from what I can tell, Terren seems to know what he's doing, so to everyone here: let's let him do the job he was hired to do.)

And content produced and published externally by a company does not necessarily represent the company's environment internally.

I'm personally not forming any opinions, etc. on the allegations until the investigation has concluded. In my opinion, neither should anyone else.

Slade Watkins • he/him/they/them

2 minutes ago, sladewatkins said:

I'm personally not forming any opinions, etc. on the allegations until the investigation has concluded. In my opinion, neither should anyone else.

If only the rest of the world followed that example. I'm neutral too. Doesn't win you any allies though sadly. Haha.

3 hours ago, starsmine said:

OH NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo a woman made sex jokes. that must mean we can sexually harrass them, they clearly consented to being sexually harrassed, THEY MADE A SEX JOKE

If a man made that joke to a women they would be fired and canceled for being sexual harassment. 

8 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

If a man made that joke to a women they would be fired and canceled for being sexual harassment. 

If a man made a "deez nuts" joke as a throwaway joke for a social media post they'd be fired? Hate to break it to you but those happen on LTT videos all the time. You're reaching so hard I'm concerned you're gonna pull a muscle.

1 hour ago, Mertrodome said:

If a man made a "deez nuts" joke as a throwaway joke for a social media post they'd be fired? Hate to break it to you but those happen on LTT videos all the time. You're reaching so hard I'm concerned you're gonna pull a muscle.

It's not reaching. Do that in a 9 to 5 job anywhere else and see what happens. 

7 hours ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

LMAO, so Youtube is recommending the following video (to someone who is not even subbed to LTT and never was) and some GIGAchad has marked all the demeaning moments of Linus against Madison. Just go to newest comments.

This is the problem dear LMG. You focus too much on being silly instead of being funny.

BRO, the recommendations I've been getting on my phone are brutally hilarious xD that c-c-c-comboo of recommendations wtf

photo_2023-08-18_21-12-18.jpg.da09f8c5468d3da139d8019e196ada34.jpg

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

2 hours ago, m9x3mos said:

Do you have a point?   If so, what is it?

40 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

I have worked many jobs. It’s a non issue depending on context 

2 hours ago, m9x3mos said:

Sure if you continue after told to stop with a person. 

You are not going to get canceled though.

learn how to read a room better is all I can say to you. Sex is funny, sex jokes are fun, but only so far as everyone is having fun. When people are not having fun, dial it back, don’t harass. Don’t make people uncomfortable. People’s comfort levels are important to getting work done. 

As a victim of sexual harassment and assault, I believe victims.

Linus hasn't ever hidden the fact that the parasocial relationship we developed with LTT wasn't good. He was the first to say that you shouldn't have blind trust in any company. That LMG isn't your friend, and that you shouldn't offer blind faith or care towards it. LTT is a product, and we are its consumers.

Linus and co. have blurred those lines, sometimes by nessecity, sometimes in fault. Many of us have spent countless Friday nights with Luke, Linus, and Dan (and those who came before him). We've sent messages, and joined in discussion. I will be the first to admit that they have been comfort when I was lonely, that when I was anxious they helped relieve it. But the sadness and betrayal I feel now is my own fault.

I wanted to believe that LMG were the good guys, that they had our best interests at heart. I hope that is the case. I hope against hope that the victim in all of this made it up, and that LMG didn't overwork them; if for no other reason than they wouldn't have had to go through it themself.

I hope that an internal email is leaked that shows that they really had permission to sell the waterblock, and that the tift with Gamers Nexus was a publicity stunt sheaparded by a CEO who is still fresh and green and without Linuses knowledge.

But I'm a realist, and I believe victims. And that means that until I am assured that the situation has been fully adjudicated by an unbiased authority, free from mandatory NDA's and undisclosed settlements, I cannot, in good faith give LMG a cent of revenue. I will dearly miss LTT's content, but I fear I won't ever get to ethically consume it again.

To Linus, and to all of LMG:

If you want to fix this you must allow light to be the disinfectant. You must be transparent, and clear, and you must face scrutiny without excuses. You must own, no matter how painful, each mistake, and rectify it, as publicly as legally allowable. 

If this is not possible, there is a very real chance LMG will die. 

To the staff: Tomorrow is a new day. Most of you are extraordinary humans. Remember that you are not the company. The companies failures are not yours.

To Madison: I believe you. You are brave, and you deserve to have your voice heard.

58 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

You're right, you aren't even reaching, you've fallen past the point and can't seem to get up. Are you honestly under the impression that everything LTT produces (except rogue linus) goes through a mutlistep approval process?

The jokes weren't off the cuff, they were scripted, by the WRITING TEAM. Also, if you tell a dirty joke as part of your job duties, does that justify you being groped and harassed? OF COURSE NOT.

57 minutes ago, leeatschool said:

As a victim of sexual harassment and assault, I believe victims.

Linus hasn't ever hidden the fact that the parasocial relationship we developed with LTT wasn't good. He was the first to say that you shouldn't have blind trust in any company. That LMG isn't your friend, and that you shouldn't offer blind faith or care towards it. LTT is a product, and we are its consumers.

Linus and co. have blurred those lines, sometimes by nessecity, sometimes in fault. Many of us have spent countless Friday nights with Luke, Linus, and Dan (and those who came before him). We've sent messages, and joined in discussion. I will be the first to admit that they have been comfort when I was lonely, that when I was anxious they helped relieve it. But the sadness and betrayal I feel now is my own fault.

I wanted to believe that LMG were the good guys, that they had our best interests at heart. I hope that is the case. I hope against hope that the victim in all of this made it up, and that LMG didn't overwork them; if for no other reason than they wouldn't have had to go through it themself.

I hope that an internal email is leaked that shows that they really had permission to sell the waterblock, and that the tift with Gamers Nexus was a publicity stunt sheaparded by a CEO who is still fresh and green and without Linuses knowledge.

But I'm a realist, and I believe victims. And that means that until I am assured that the situation has been fully adjudicated by an unbiased authority, free from mandatory NDA's and undisclosed settlements, I cannot, in good faith give LMG a cent of revenue. I will dearly miss LTT's content, but I fear I won't ever get to ethically consume it again.

To Linus, and to all of LMG:

If you want to fix this you must allow light to be the disinfectant. You must be transparent, and clear, and you must face scrutiny without excuses. You must own, no matter how painful, each mistake, and rectify it, as publicly as legally allowable. 

If this is not possible, there is a very real chance LMG will die. 

To the staff: Tomorrow is a new day. Most of you are extraordinary humans. Remember that you are not the company. The companies failures are not yours.

To Madison: I believe you. You are brave, and you deserve to have your voice heard.

why explain why you belive her?

and no you can not use anything mentioned in Game Nexuses Orignal video as basis

tell us why in exacting detail 

because I am sure somebody made some kind of comment and I am also sure thats about as far as it went

you need to seriously review her history and apperences in video: all of you do because god help you if you belive for a second if there was anything that happened that it was completely one sided 

if there was a person on the entire planet that might be a target for a badly timed sex joke it would be madison her content is full of bad sex jokes and off color comments as well as the usual typical sjw crazyness 

remember shes threated to self harm because she was asked todo a job ya know one she was hired for ... 

used LMG as her personal SJW Crusade Platform

made these accusations not once but twice before (and then deleted the tweets) 

this the the problem folks You WANT to see that shes a blameless victum

just going by her own comments and attuide  can assure you that is 1000 miles from the truth 

I hope there investivation is as thougho as possible and I hope they have survalience footage as well

because id LOVE to see the full exchange ... if one ever occured 

2 minutes ago, Legitsu said:

and no you can not use anything mentioned in Game Nexuses Orignal video as basis

because I am sure somebody made some kind of comment and I am also sure thats about as far as it went

you need to seriously review her history and apperences in video all of you do because god help you if you belive for a second if there was anything that happened that it was completely one sided 

if there was a person on the entire planet that might be a target for a badly timed sex joke it would be madison her content is full of bad sex jokes and off color comments as well as the usual typical sjw crazyness 

You'd like me to explain why I believe her? Really?

Fine. Content warning: SH/Mention of SA

I believe her because I've been sexually harassed. I've had a coworker humiliate me in front of my entire company, and then when she was called out, continue on as if she wasn't in the wrong. And then, my employer used it partially as grounds to fire me. Oh, and I did the "right thing". I reported it. I reported it to the HR department. I reported it to my Union Steward. Hell I reported it to the national labor relations board. You know what happened?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The company I worked for? A tech startup.

I believe her because as a boy scout I was sexually assaulted and no one believed me. I believe her because of the times I've been groped. I believe her because I believe victims.

Nothing, short of consent coming out of someone's mouth is justification for sexually grabbing someone. I don't care if she walked through the office naked singing dirty limricks.

10 minutes ago, Legitsu said:

you need to seriously review her history and apperences in video: all of you do because god help you if you belive for a second if there was anything that happened that it was completely one sided 

remember shes threated to self harm because she was asked todo a job ya know one she was hired for ... 

used LMG as her personal SJW Crusade Platform

made these accusations not once but twice before (and then deleted the tweets) 

this the the problem folks You WANT to see that shes a blameless victum

just going by her own comments and attuide  can assure you that is 1000 miles from the truth 

You better be coming with receipts. You've made a bunch of accusations here, and unless you have proof for every one, it'd be better to delete it than have Madison sue you.

Just now, leeatschool said:

You better be coming with receipts. You've made a bunch of accusations here, and unless you have proof for every one, it'd be better to delete it than have Madison sue you.

check her twitter via the wayback machine(2022 ish)  look at the videos she was in while she was lmg

its all still there

1 minute ago, Legitsu said:

check her twitter via the wayback machine(2022 ish)  look at the videos she was in while she was lmg

its all still there

THE SCRIPTED VIDEOS? I'm sorry, but you are joking, right? You do understand every joke in an LTT video is written ahead of time, and every comment or so called "SJW" line is straight outta the writers room?

18 minutes ago, Legitsu said:

I am also sure

Please explain in exacting detail how you are “sure”.

you need to seriously review her history and apperences in video

They are scripted…, videos produced for entertainment don’t have to reflect real life. They are more entertaining if they don’t.  

Margot Robbie isn’t a barbie doll in real life 😮 

if there was a person on the entire planet that might be a target for a badly timed sex joke it would be madison

Like in an all hands HR briefing the day after she left ?  The timing and now possible context of the “dance on the table” “joke” unless it’s a running inside joke at the company says a hell of a lot.  

Given the employee thought it was appropriate and funny Is very telling about the culture.

For me it’s the only fans stuff combined with the audio.  The absolute apparent disregard for best practices and knowledge of sexual harassment laws suggests the culture was ripe for someone to do something bad and know they would get away with it.  

2 minutes ago, S_g said:

For me it’s the only fans stuff combined with the audio.  The absolute apparent disregard for best practices and knowledge of sexual harassment laws suggests the culture was ripe for someone to do something bad and know they would get away with it.  

All of this as well.

8 hours ago, Taor13 said:

Just made an account, just because reading some of the replies in this thread made me really wonder whats going on in these peoples mind.

1. You are not a judge. Innocent until proven guilty applies to courts, not random people. A. because most people don't have the ability to conduct an in-depth investigation and B. whatever these people think, it doesn't have any legal consequences. I guarantee that everyone who says that holds some opinion that isn't entirely based on facts or evidence, its just a convenient excuse in this situation.

2. Insisting on getting evidence for something that is by its nature very hard to prove once its happened feels either stupid or malignant. If evidence comes out - great. Dismissing the accusations entirely based on evidence the accuser just cant provide if no one else speaks up or if they didnt film/tape whatever happens, feels like a convenient way to get out of all this.

3. Motive and opportunity matters. Even without concrete evidence, its entirely possible to say which version of events is more likely. SH is something that is incredibly commonplace in society. Sure, false accusations happen, but just comparing the numbers of true and false accusations, they are rare. Plus, it seems fairly unlikely that Madison fabricated this story over 2 years, just to wait for someone else to take a shot at LTT and then jump the wagon. Colin seems to confirm that her story hasn't changed since she was employed, she has written a Glassdoor review a year ago that fits with her story and there is fairly little to gain from speaking up now, unless you want to believe she planned this over 2 years to what - get more Twitch subs? Sure, that could be - it seems incredibly unlikely to me. Plus the whole doxxing and harassment she would face from certain parts of the LTT fanbase.

4. Certain people in this thread focus on specific accusations and disregard them without mentioning the other accusations. Saying "what if the sexual remarks where jokes" seems really tone-deaf when she mentions other things that fall in the same line, like being forced to administrate an Onlyfans account and all the comments and nude pictures on that account or being touched inappropriately. I won't even mention the numerous attempts to discredit her character based on bullshit.

The big thing is LTT building should have fully setup CCTV and with massive video servers storage server they should have long term records of everthing that happeen in LTT buildings if Madison can pull a dates and times everything should be on CCTV and if all those videos seem to be oddly missing well that something need to be deeply looked into. on her cut leg there would be safety reports and paper trails as well as email trails of stuff has been happening thet will be records

but the big thing is record anything that happen for times like these.

Polygons? textures?  samples? You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough Vram.
Hey heads up I  have writing disorder I try my best but still make errors. 

12 minutes ago, Legitsu said:

I've seen a few of her appearances in video.    None of it remotely excuses the behaviours she describes.    I haven't seen anything more 'inappropriate' than what I've seen from Linus or others at LTT.

Also, this was not "badly timed sex jokes".    

"how do you like to f**k" isn't a 'joke'

Or do you find it funny?

15 minutes ago, S_g said:

Please explain in exacting detail how you are “sure”.

They are scripted…, videos produced for entertainment don’t have to reflect real life. They are more entertaining if they don’t.  

Margot Robbie isn’t a barbie doll in real life 😮 

Like in an all hands HR briefing the day after she left ?  The timing and now possible context of the “dance on the table” “joke” unless it’s a running inside joke at the company says a hell of a lot.  

Given the employee thought it was appropriate and funny Is very telling about the culture.

the only fans stuff in which are you refering to ? are you refering to the fact that she claims that somebody made her register on only fans.

because that don't apper to be  isn't the case at all and she makes a sex joke about it ..

why are you people not capable of spending 15m on google before comming to a conclusion sheesh

goto the wayback machine punch in her twitter and just start scrolling and be concerned ... greatly concerned. 

wthcrazy.png