Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

5 minutes ago, I Just Want Ram Drives said:

Linus was in the subreddit 3 hours after Madison's thread was posted and shared in the subreddit, when it was getting huge traction in the subreddit, and just posting a joke in reply to a separate thread.

And then an hour later that video went up. He had every chance to be aware and to account for it, and he didn't. He was in the right place, at the right time, and he dropped the ball like it was expensive hardware.

I can’t comment for the decision to go ahead and publish the video. I think it’s quite possible that the significance of the jokes wasn’t quite realised at the time, and likely there was probably a desire amongst the team to get *something* out, and hold off on addressing the Madison claims until they’d taken legal advice and assessed their options. I’ve already said that there was likely a tonne of pressure on the whole team at the time so the 69 joke being left in is a mistake, like the lttstore and dbrand references etc.

I’m sure that given the time it takes to edit everything, the clip where Luke makes the joke was likely shot before the claims were made, which was my point in so much as Luke couldn’t have known how it would look when it was posted because the situation was different when it was filmed, and escalated when the video was being edited.

2 minutes ago, dragonuck76 said:

again same few bandwagon on something we have no clue to and only one side story.  Nothing on the recording tells us anything...  this has nothing to do with us and should not be in the public domain... I mean god, I have been through 3 jobs in which my employer used tactics to get me released; did i go on social media to complain about it, no, did the right thing and learned and moved on

This but also if they were trying to get rid of you in any way possible which includes framing you for something, and you live in a one party consent state you were well within your right to record that privately and use it against them on your way out.

6 minutes ago, Neroon said:

She had a ton of options here, she had over 1,5 year to think about this. Her choice here was to go on twitter, make a ton of accusations, name no one, offer no context, and we are to take this as proof that it all really happened. But even if we were to assume it really happened, we have no context and we have no clue what intent there was. 

And while her being the only one to come forward is not proof that it never happened, it also doesn't help when the only standing up, is someone who addresses the situation like this.

I always love these posts because they self report so hard

She had 1.5 years to think about this? why now?
well if she waited another year the response would be

She had 2.5 years to think about this? why now?
well if she waited another 2.5 years the response would be

She had 5 years to think about this? why now?
well if she waited another 5 years the response would be

She had 10 years to think about this? why now?

Talk to victims, they do not generally want to drag people. 
Names are dangerous, it is NOT positive to anyone in many cases and can NOT be taken back. It does not help the accused become a better person, it does not help her move on from the trauma. They do not want to make people who are friends with the accused have non-productive responses, to her or to the accused.
The goal isnt to ruin the accussed life. 

1 minute ago, Neroon said:

She had a ton of options here, she had over 1,5 year to think about this. Her choice here was to go on twitter, make a ton of accusations, name no one, offer no context, and we are to take this as proof that it all really happened. But even if we were to assume it really happened, we have no context and we have no clue what intent there was. 

And while her being the only one to come forward is not proof that it never happened, it also doesn't help when the only standing up, is someone who addresses the situation like this.

Nitazene-King-002 on reddit reports that other LMG employees have given statements that match madison's.

4 minutes ago, castlev said:

Do you truly believe that she tried to call out sick, was told no, hung up the phone, cut herself, called back and said she cut herself and is going to the ER, then hung up and went to the ER, wasted her day sitting there getting stitched up, only to go home with an injured leg and at best half a day to spend outside of work, only to go into work the next day? It's far more believable that yes she actually did purposely cut herself for some unrelated reason, then after realizing how bad it was, called out of work with ONE phone call and then went to the ER.

Madison never presented the narrative as you have put it in this post. To quote her posts:

I remember getting told off for taking my sick days, as in the days you're entitled to.

This no days off, "grindset" culminated in the real moment I realized I had to leave.

I purposefully cut my leg open so badly I would have to go to the ER to get it stapled back together. 
It was genuinely the only way in my mind to take a day off without being harassed for a reason why.

Now I can't vouch for whether or not it's true for Madison/LMG, but whether or not a workplace is so hostile that they browbeat you over taking sick leave (or vacation) that you are entitled to - I can say that people I know closely have had that happen at other (non-LMG) employers. In the context of the other allegations she posts about workload (and other employees talking about a heavy workload in the "what it's like to work for Linus" video) - I would find that potentially credible.

I think it's pretty disgusting that people are continuing to try to pick Madison apart when her allegations were serious enough for the new CEO of LMG to agree to hire an independent third party investigator to investigate her claims and what claims can be verified as true/false/not verifiable, and which can be verified as a current problem for LMG and its employees.

Just now, coopa said:

Madison never presented the narrative as you have put it in this post. To quote her posts:

I remember getting told off for taking my sick days, as in the days you're entitled to.

This no days off, "grindset" culminated in the real moment I realized I had to leave.

I purposefully cut my leg open so badly I would have to go to the ER to get it stapled back together. 
It was genuinely the only way in my mind to take a day off without being harassed for a reason why.

Now I can't vouch for whether or not it's true for Madison/LMG, but whether or not a workplace is so hostile that they browbeat you over taking sick leave (or vacation) that you are entitled to - I can say that people I know closely have had that happen at other (non-LMG) employers. In the context of the other allegations she posts about workload (and other employees talking about a heavy workload in the "what it's like to work for Linus" video) - I would find that potentially credible.

I think it's pretty disgusting that people are continuing to try to pick Madison apart when her allegations were serious enough for the new CEO of LMG to agree to hire an independent third party investigator to investigate her claims and what claims can be verified as true/false/not verifiable, and which can be verified as a current problem for LMG and its employees.

Ok, so she didn't cut herself after attempting to call out sick. She just assumed they would say no and proceeded to grab the knife. Yea, total rational thinking by a stable individual.

2 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Names are dangerous, it is NOT positive to anyone. It does not help the accused become a better person, it does not help her move on from the trauma. 

You say names are dangerous, opposed to publicly accusing a company of various abuse without context? You think that's safer.

I said she had 1,5 year to think about it, I never said she had to do it in a certain time, I said she 1,5 year and this was the best way she could come up with. Read before you accuse.

Just now, Neroon said:

You say names are dangerous, opposed to publicly accusing a company of various abuse without context? You think that's safer.

I said she had 1,5 year to think about it, I never said she had to do it in a certain time, I said she 1,5 year and this was the best way she could come up with. Read before you accuse.

Yes, this is the best, because it was onset by a massive influx of harrassement and unwanted questions. It wasnt "planned"

4 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Names are dangerous, it is NOT positive to anyone. It does not help the accused become a better person, it does not help her move on from the trauma. 
The goal isnt to ruin the accussed life. 

If they are as serious as she claims she could've brought up evidence with redacted names the second she was not under NDA if she was under one, or the moments he left. Again, Audio recordings (which don't have people's names attached to them but would point at the people at fault).

I'm not a fan of coming with accusations without evidence.

NOTE: recording date of this is unknown to me, this could be old footage...
But, if this is real and made after these few days of events: Making sex jokes in a meeting like this with the background it was held for, i suspect they knew by this time, is really inappropriate for someone with a leading roll in the company. 

The most stuff Linus talked about is just stuff that has to be mentioned in corporate style and you don't need or want to make more or less than it is. That its implemented, being enforced and regular checked on is way more important. As a manager you can set the work culture that people work and interact in.

The biggest mistake i hear is the fact that this person is not being corrected for inappropriate behaviour on the spot by Linus or any other person in the call (with a leading role). That is a thing that worries me more than the style he told it.

3 minutes ago, Orthusaku said:

Nitazene-King-002 on reddit reports that other LMG employees have given statements that match madison's.

Yeah I know. The guy claims he has a ton of insider info and a lot of vids. Yet the only vid he keeps posting, is an old one and is completely innocent, except that people whine about James making a joke towards Linus.

That said though, you heard it here first. I'm in a message chain with all LMG employees, and no one has ever heard of him. Now some of them did say some juicy stuff about you, but I cannot share that because I want to keep their privacy, but it's totally real.

Just now, Neroon said:

Yeah I know. The guy claims he has a ton of insider info and a lot of vids. Yet the only vid he keeps posting, is an old one and is completely innocent, except that people whine about James making a joke towards Linus.

That said though, you heard it here first. I'm in a message chain with all LMG employees, and no one has ever heard of him. Now some of them did say some juicy stuff about you, but I cannot share that because I want to keep their privacy, but it's totally real.

How do you think he got the video?

1 minute ago, starsmine said:

Yes, this is the best, because it was onset by a massive influx of harrassement and unwanted questions. It wasnt "planned"

Massive influx of harrassment and unwanted questions? How exactly did this massive influx came to be? Oh and if someone been living with this for that long, they have thought about every option possible, many, many times.

2 minutes ago, starsmine said:

well if she wated another 2.5 years the response would be

GN had a couple of weeks to react to something that manifested as a problem within LTT, why didn't he waited 5 years for that? Letcs note that we are talking about errors in data and questionable ethics when that data is presented, not serious stuff as harassment.

I'm not familiar with Canadian law, but where I'm from, after a certain ammount of time, legally, you can't do anything about it as it becomes nullified.

When movemnts like #metoo existed beforehand, when you have labor protection laws that make any binding piece of paper worth nothing, when you as a being are trully harmed, you go the proper way and adress it in the court ( along side social media if that's what you fancy), but nevertheless in the court.

The actions, may them be founded or not, are childish and will end up in hurting her on the long run.

Just now, Orthusaku said:

How do you think he got the video?

From the internet. What makes you assume he is the original uploader? Want me to upload it and claim ownership?

12 minutes ago, Neroon said:

I know.  The thing is we can't expect anyone under the age of 25 to react like they are 30.  At the ages of most LTT people, at the age of Madison being liked by random people is still of great importance. Popularity still matters in their mind even if it is of little practical value.    A 30 to 35 year old version of Madison would look at being hated by and hate watched by a bunch of gamer boys on Twitch as a monetizeable thing.    A 20 or 25 year old, or younger, Madison would look at it as being the unpopular kid alone at the lunch table.  

Then on top of that layer on the fact people in that age range appreciate that as full adults, legally, they are liable to be sued, or homeless, or who knows what else.  They know all kinds of bad things can happen but have never had to weather a storm.  Madison not wanting to rock the boat, to just get out, get a new job, and move on is about what we can expect from one her age.  That it's not worth fighting since she would never win.  Someone in experienced would think that.  

Meanwhile I know professionals who are in their 30's to 40's who have worked for a company that they sued for discrimination in court and won against

12 minutes ago, Neroon said:

IT is not "proven" by any means.  However, the way she gets it proven is by making the allegation.  LMG has to do their own investigation.  She needs legal counsel who can get the documents that should still exist.  The emails, the messages, time sheets, calendars, videos... my god VIDEOS of interactions may exist.  Some of which will look good for LTT others will look awful for LTT.   She needs a lawyer, that that lawyer will gain access by discovery in a lawsuit.  

I don't see how we find out without something kin to a lawsuit.  

In short I agree with you.  A 20 something male or female in the last part of adolescence can be very immature, and make a merely uncomfortable situation out to be something more than it is.   This is not just one thing.  Alleging that one guy wanted to date her or something... When there are these many things.  So many comments.  So many actions. 

I mean think hard about who you have seen on Camera?   
Think of how and why Emily feels uncomfortable on Camera.   No woman knows men like a transwoman.  

Sarah why is she not on camera much.  When they did her Intel upgrade they had to take special measures to conceal her address because some creeps would show up. 

3 minutes ago, KOAO said:

If they are as serious as she claims she could've brought up evidence with redacted names the second she was not under NDA if she was under one, or the moments he left. Again, Audio recordings (which don't have people's names attached to them but would point at the people at fault).

I'm not a fan of coming with accusations without evidence.

So no evidence and it never happened? So what is the evidence of a butt slap or being caught undressing someone with your eyes?

Just now, Neroon said:

From the internet. What makes you assume he is the original uploader? Want me to upload it and claim ownership?

So you are claiming that Nitazene-King-002 is lying and that they did not get the audio from a source in LMG?

Just now, Orthusaku said:

So you are claiming that Nitazene-King-002 is lying and that they did not get the audio from a source in LMG?

I'm saying he is claiming he got lots of damaging material, he obviously is out to damage LMG, yet for some strange reason he refuses to share it, but keeps mentioning he really has it. He's an attention whore. So until he actually uploads more, I will consider him a giant liar.

I'm saying he is claiming he got lots of damaging material, he obviously is out to damage LMG, yet for some strange reason he refuses to share it, but keeps mentioning he really has it. He's an attention whore. So until he actually uploads more, I will consider him a giant liar.

So you will say they are lying and stand by that in a court of law right now under oath? and you can prove they are lying?

2 minutes ago, avg123 said:

has Linus denied all the accusations? if not why are people here dickriding him so hard?

It's simply because the mob is mad and anything and everything that can be used against Linus and LMG will help fuel the fire, regardless if it is true, or not.

10 minutes ago, avg123 said:

has Linus denied all the accusations? if not why are people here dickriding him so hard?

Parasocial relationships and a heavy sprinkling of gamer misosgny. 

That video above seems old, I can’t imagine anyone is laughing like that at the end right now.

1 minute ago, Uttamattamakin said:

I know.  The thing is we can't expect anyone under the age of 25 to react like they are 30.  At the ages of most LTT people, at the age of Madison being liked by random people is still of great importance. Popularity still matters in their mind even if it is of little practical value.    A 30 to 35 year old version of Madison would look at being hated by and hate watched by a bunch of gamer boys on Twitch as a monetizeable thing.    A 20 or 25 year old, or younger, Madison would look at it as being the unpopular kid alone at the lunch table.  

Then on top of that layer on the fact people in that age range appreciate that as full adults, legally, they are liable to be sued, or homeless, or who knows what else.  They know all kinds of bad things can happen but have never had to weather a storm.  Madison not wanting to rock the boat, to just get out, get a new job, and move on is about what we can expect from one her age.  That it's not worth fighting since she would never win.  Someone in experienced would think that.  

Meanwhile I know professionals who are in their 30's to 40's who have worked for a company that they sued for discrimination in court and won against

IT is not "proven" by any means.  However, the way she gets it proven is by making the allegation.  LMG has to do their own investigation.  She needs legal counsel who can get the documents that should still exist.  The emails, the messages, time sheets, calendars, videos... my god VIDEOS of interactions may exist.  Some of which will look good for LTT others will look awful for LTT.   She needs a lawyer, that that lawyer will gain access by discovery in a lawsuit.  

I don't see how we find out without something kin to a lawsuit.  

She's accused the management of violations of BC Worker's Rights laws. There's a couple of agencies, part of the BC government, that handle these types of cases directly. There's also criminal complaints that may or may not have been available.  None of which would require her to hire her own lawyers.

I feel like everyone has forgotten that the Activision stuff came to light because of a long running State of California investigation of the company. Madison lives & works in a Western country. There's are boatloads of agencies that deal with things. How well, obviously, is up for debate, but she has yet to take that direction.

Though if there's one criticism that can be laid at LMG's feet, it's probably pretty clear no one noticed her in severe mental destress over a long period of time, unless she was really good at acting around it or compartmentalizing it.