Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

Just now, Ferazam said:

Spam Pro GN views? Care to expand on what you define as pro GN VIEWS?

Probably being in favor of validation in benchmarks, not stealing prototypes, and not harassing employees. How dare they /s

5 minutes ago, William Isted said:

Lot's of replies are from new accounts. They came here because this is LTT related and this is linustechtips.com.

I get it, I came for the same reason. I just find it odd to claim you're leaving a community you've just joined as if it matters. If you look up his user profil you can see it.

3 minutes ago, DakotaCx said:

Sure, I don't disagree. But it's one thing for a random small group of idiots to go off and pull a 4chan move like that, it's another for it to be groomed, fostered, or even sanctioned by LMG. I'm not a religious watcher, I'll put WAN on for background noise here and there, but when he discusses the community he addresses disappointment with toxic traits, tribalism, and other issues and recently even stated he wasn't sure how to swing that back. 

So I think it's a little more nuanced from my perspective, but I see where you are coming from as well. 

I don't think that matters.  It's the end result that matters.

Yes, Linus can be apologetic, but that's not going to change the reality of what would've happened when Linus was riding high on a wave of popularity and goodwill and Madison was already getting dragged for being a "simp hire."

5 minutes ago, William Isted said:

Lot's of replies are from new accounts. They came here because this is LTT related and this is linustechtips.com.

Keep wondering why people keep bringing up the new accounts like it somehow disproves what they are saying. 

I'm applying Ikea spelling, meaning you get most of the words and letters, then it's up to you to assemble them correctly! 👍

2 minutes ago, JoNBoY said:

I miss the good old days when evidence was required... 2023 is wild i wonder how Kevin Spacey is getting on

ltt fans are actually creepy weirdos, who could have guessed

6 minutes ago, Reclus said:

Again the only person that knows nothing here is you. And now you are deliberately misinforming to score points on an internet forum.

Suing Someone for Harassment [Step-by-Step Guide] (donotpay.com)   

1. Sign-in to DoNotPay and find the Sue Now service
  2. Enter the dollar amount you are owed

This is literally a boilerplate service to sue for money. Not for civil accountability.

4 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

There isn’t enough evidence or documentation to sway my opinion one way or another (GN, for his part, presented emails, and video clips to use). And given the potential for legal action the allegations can give rise to (Madison could probably sue if she can prove her case, but given the severity of the allegations, LMG has a strong Defamation case if they can prove Madison’s statements wrong), I don’t think we’ll see any such documentation or further statements (at least from LMG) on the matter until after said potential legal proceedings conclude. 

Definitely a “wait for things to unfold” before I can render an opinion. 

Agreed. 

I'm not Canadian nor from BC, but my read of the government posted worker's right information is Madison has haphazardly claimed LMG is guilty of multiple legal violations, along with multiple staff members not following Canadian and BC law.  And she was clearly far more upset about the damage she believes they did to her social media career.

She isn't in the States. This isn't an American Company and American citizens going at it on Social Media, where it's basically Defamation for Everyone because it's very difficult to run those types of cases in a public setting in the States. (It's unbalanced right now due to SCOTUS cases.)  This is a bunch of Canadians under Canadian Defamation and Worker's Right law. This is very different standards from what tends to pop off on Social Media.

This is why you don't emotion dump on Twitter, late at night. She's lobbed a hand grenade and nothing good will come of this.

3 minutes ago, Kravatie1 said:

i like how literally no one cared at the time about the review

To be fair it's hard to judge based on an anonymous review that she stated wasn't her at the time. tbh that was a really good decision and she's handled it incredibly well.

3 minutes ago, ra_m_m said:

I came here to say that David Gauthier of LMG (@thechosendavid) has liked Madison's tweets, which to me possibly indicates at least a partial confirmation of her allegations.

Maybe. Could also be a show of support for a friend in general. Jumping to conclusions is on theme right now, but I wouldn't advise putting words in his mouth or insinuating his intentions based on that alone - especially if there is a concern for continued fair employment with LMG I wouldn't want people to start pushing that narrative trying to "help" and only further making things worse for an additional party. 

Tired of the alphabet army disrupting every area of interest possible. Literally any topic in the world that summons a community of interest together, turns into a political discussion about the toxicity of tech bros and gender. This goes all the way back to gamer gate, they just look for communities to break apart with drama.

<B> If someone sexually assaulted her, it should be reported to the police, yes. </B>

Claiming that someone said "calm your tits" and framing it as if it was said it during a serious discussion is disingenuous. She is on LTT videos making inappropriate comments, we've all seen it, but now that she has a gripe about her workload, suddenly it's a toxic environment?

No, I saw the videos, I see her past tweets, she is JUST AS COMPLICIT in the creation of this environment that she claims to be a victim of. On camera laughing telling Linus "stick it in the box" and he has to pump her brakes.

11 minutes ago, William Isted said:

"I would retain a lawyer
I would start a lawsuit"

You're talking close end of a thousand Canadian Rubles to do that. I doubt Madison wants to take a punt on a lawsuit against LMG as much as any sane person would want to take their piggy bank against a company valued at over $100M.

I did a bit of online research (just 5 minutes) and it seems (Take that with a grain of salt) that even in CA, if you win the case, you usually don't have to pay court or lawyer fees. But there is a big caveat there as that isn't always the case.

Regardless, if she has a real case, then she should pursue it. That is the best way.

Shying away because of money concerns should NOT be the first and only step taken.

2 minutes ago, Vexenar said:

Keep wondering why people keep bringing up the new accounts like it somehow disproves what they are saying. 

As if Linus didn't make his response to the GN controversy exclusive to the forums. Big surprise that people registered new accounts or used long-dormant accounts on the forum, it was the only place to read LTT's response and directly comment on the issue! 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, Ferazam said:

Spam Pro GN views? Care to expand on what you define as pro GN VIEWS?

I'm refering to the rest of his content in the forum. I'm not talking about the Madison situation.

3 minutes ago, JoNBoY said:

I miss the good old days when evidence was required... 2023 is wild i wonder how Kevin Spacey is getting on

You have no idea how the process works clearly. The amount of tone-deaf or just ignorant statements on this thread just increases every second. 

Lets try to see this one out though. What would you like to happen?

Just now, Clasmir said:

Shying away because of money concerns should NOT be the first and only step taken.

This is always what the people who aren't paying for something like to say

Just now, castlev said:

Tired of the alphabet army disrupting every area of interest possible. Literally any topic in the world that summons a community of interest together, turns into a political discussion about the toxicity of tech bros and gender. This goes all the way back to gamer gate, they just look for communities to break apart with drama.

<B> If someone sexually assaulted her, it should be reported to the police, yes. </B>

Claiming that someone said "calm your tits" and framing it as if it was said it during a serious discussion is disingenuous. She is on LTT videos making inappropriate comments, we've all seen it, but now that she has a gripe about her workload, suddenly it's a toxic environment?

No, I saw the videos, I see her past tweet, she is JUST AS COMPLICIT in the creation of this environment that she claims to be a victim of. On camera laughing telling Linus "stick it in the box" and he has to pump her brakes.

actually unhinged

7 minutes ago, DarithINAbby said:

again WHAT!!!!! you can't sit there and type she "Didn't know her pay before she moved" .... you know your pay before you leave the interview, let alone before the end of which ever way your told you got the job, or before signing any employ contract

and you think her working for LMG she didn't have a powerful enough computer?... really man

"and you think her working for LMG she didn't have a powerful enough computer?" That is one of the accusations. The other is getting into trouble for getting ram by going around usual channels after it not being resolved.

So yeah. Really man.

Just now, justin one said:

actually unhinged

She didn't tell Linus to "stick it in the box?" He didn't tell her to stop? That never happened? The video is fake?

1 minute ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

I don't think that matters.  It's the end result that matters.

Yes, Linus can be apologetic, but that's not going to change the reality of what would've happened when Linus was riding high on a wave of popularity and goodwill and Madison was already getting dragged for being a "simp hire."

I'm not familiar with the background of her hire, other than what she posted. I'm also not familiar with the timeline of this popularity wave, suicide, and hiring and how they intersect if they are related at all. 

I believe context matters. The context is what led to the end result after all, so I think the analysis of that is fair. 

But we'll disagree on that point, that's alright. I don't feel am versed enough to speak on it any further anyhow without more background knowledge. 

3 minutes ago, JoNBoY said:

The fact that someone else made false allegations against someone else in the past doesn't invalidate a completely different person's claims. At the very least it sounds like this has to be addressed somehow, if not publicly then at least in a way that both sides can find acceptable.

3 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

If Madison has any screenshots, recordings, etc. to backup her claims, then yes of course that would be helpful. Or maybe if a few people from LMG publicly came forward to backup her claims, that would also work. At the same time, who goes around recording every single interaction they have? It's unrealistic.

I've actually done something similar, when I knew things were getting muddy at a workplace.

I started internally documenting conversations in forms of a rough overview of what occurred that was too sketchy for my liking but was instructed to do (usually sending from work email as well; so there would be timestamps).  I would on occasion, if I thought I could get away with it, after a "verbal" meeting I would do the work as mention things like "as requested from this" here is the data.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

Just now, William Isted said:
  1. Sign-in to DoNotPay and find the Sue Now service
  2. Enter the dollar amount you are owed

This is literally a boilerplate service to sue for money. Not for civil accountability.

You uh...can't sue for civil accountability? That's really not a thing?  You can sue someone civilly, which can result in compensation or potentially other action if you want to settle in exchange for something like a retraction or something akin to that.

Just now, castlev said:

She didn't tell Linus to "stick it in the box?" He didn't tell her to stop? That never happened? The video is fake?

you're right im sorry, harassing her in private is fine then