Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

I have not read the wall of text here and I am a guy. Don't look to hard at my joke of a portrait !

But I do take sexual harassments seriously. In the corporate world that I live in I've had to watch hundreds of videos over the years! 

If I was Madison and I had a legitimate beef AND I was serious:

• I would not make it public
  • I would retain a lawyer
  • I would start a lawsuit 

However, if Madison wanted a bit of revenge, I'd go to twitter...     but what do I know.

39 minutes ago, CT854 said:

Not to mention that legal advice costs money, time, reliving traumatic experiences, is clinical... need I go on?

When I was a kid I was plaintiff in a civil suit which involved reliving something that happened to me (nothing on the scale of SA/SH, but still involved bodily injury). That shit is traumatizing. I was under strict orders to not discuss it until the case was over, and I cannot tell you how difficult that was. Having an outlet to vent about it is invaluable. I can't imagine the trauma that is underwent by somebody with the power imbalance and public exposure that Madison is involved in.

People splitting hairs about "why didn't she seek legal counsel/report to the police" are forgetting a very real human element that proves to be barriers. When you're in a situation like this, you have to behave perfectly under risk of intense scrutiny. It's such a taxing standard and I do not blame anybody one bit for needing to get their side of the story out.

Thank you. It's extremely refreshing to see someone who actually understands the mental stress Madison was/is likely under.

2 minutes ago, DarithINAbby said:

you haven't heard ANYONE else who does or has worked there feel the same way

....yet

Madison could be the first to speak up for all the rest too afraid to.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, 0catt said:

Point 2 - who said anything about marriage in their post?

Point 3 - Literally a lie. they don't have 0 costs if you need a lawyer

Point 4 - You know you can see the URL in the browser, and where you are ready the replies right ? 

Point 5 - Sexual abuse is different from sexual harassment 

2. I'm not here to scroll for you. Find it yourself

3. 0 cost if you are the victim to report. Costs if you have to defend yourself. And again you can ask for the state to provide you one. But thank you for making the point

4. Literally wat?

5. Both will be legally persecuted if reported. 

To those wondering why Madison had not brought this up before, may I remind you of a certain ex-US president who has only now (rather many years after the event) been brought up on SA charges...trauma takes time to process and fear needs time to be overcome

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

13 minutes ago, 0catt said:

not if u sign a NDA

What? and NDA doesn't stop you from sexual harassment accusations ect. and even if it somehow did, you say fuck it and speak anyway because it would be the right thing to do

5 minutes ago, gregcron said:

To those of the mindset "I've unsubscribed"/"down with LTT", What do you think is the balance between preventing at-times unwarranted reputation damage while also being sympathetic to potential victims? 

If LTT is anything less than a horrible sexually-assaulting, bigoted over-demanding work environment, I feel bad for them for having this piled onto what's already a shitstorm arguably blown out of proportion.

If they are all of the above, then of course they should be held accountable and probably face their end.

I think people who are reporting these things need to be taken seriously, and the outlets need to address it as much as its legally responsible to.  If they did not have these things happen, then apologizing will immediately be seen as an admission of guilt.

The thing is here is that LTT's entire reputation was damaged way before the Madison accusations came to light, and the tech industry as a whole is notoriously toxic and loaded to the gills with workplace issues.  When you see how LTT has been running every other aspect of the business (and why they can't seem to keep female employees), and then someone comes out and says some dastardly shit is going down, it becomes pretty difficult to shrug off unless you're in the middle of a parasocial relationship with some millionaire in Canada who doesn't care you exist.

Linus has done this apology show a million times and nothing ever gets better, nothing changes, and it keeps getting worse. 

3 minutes ago, Clasmir said:

I have not read the wall of text here and I am a guy. Don't look to hard at my joke of a portrait !

But I do take sexual harassments seriously. In the corporate world that I live in I've had to watch hundreds of videos over the years! 

If I was Madison and I had a legitimate beef AND I was serious:

• I would not make it public
  • I would retain a lawyer
  • I would start a lawsuit 

However, if Madison wanted a bit of revenge, I'd go to twitter...     but what do I know.

"I would retain a lawyer
I would start a lawsuit"

You're talking close end of a thousand Canadian Rubles to do that. I doubt Madison wants to take a punt on a lawsuit against LMG as much as any sane person would want to take their piggy bank against a company valued at over $100M.

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

To those wondering why Madison had not brought this up before, may I remind you of a certain ex-US president who has only now (rather many years after the event) been brought up on SA charges...trauma takes time to process and fear needs time to be overcome

Not to mention that some people here are exactly why SA victims rarely come out against a company that has as many sycophants as LTT does.

7 minutes ago, Reclus said:

2. I'm not here to scroll for you. Find it yourself

3. 0 cost if you are the victim to report. Costs if you have to defend yourself. And again you can ask for the state to provide you one. But thank you for making the point

4. Literally wat?

5. Both will be legally persecuted if reported. 

2. I didn't say anything about marriage, he can't find it himself because it does not exist, that's why he is telling you to find it, because it does not exist.

3. again, CIVIL case, the whole grievance is civil, there will not and never be a state-provided lawyer.
5. no... no they won't. Harassment is a CIVIL complaint. Abuse is a criminal complaint. 

This is why I said you have no idea how the police of judicial systems function in their simplest level.

Just now, Booch121 said:

It feels like 90% the people who are dunking on Madison didn't even read her tweets. GO READ HER FUCKING TWEETS BEFORE FORMING A STUPID OPINION!!!!!!!!

stopped caring after like the 6th one tbh

2 minutes ago, Booch121 said:

"YET you haven't heard ANYONE else who does or has worked there feel the same way"
Its the same reason Madison didn't come out for so long..... They are afraid of being absolutely ruined by LTT's fans.

That's a pretty big assumption. It's possible, but it's not the only possibility. 

1 minute ago, Kravatie1 said:

stopped caring after like the 6th one tbh

ur so weird

1 minute ago, Sasha2D said:

I smell a union coming on...

I've heard that Linus hates unions... 😬

This font is amazing.

Just now, DakotaCx said:

That's a pretty big assumption. It's possible, but it's not the only possibility. 

Considering, as others have shown, they bullied someone into suicide... I wouldn't either.

Just now, yoc said:

Good thing he's not the CEO, CFO, or even COO. 

7 hours ago, Doaky said:

Based on personal experience, absolutely not. 

Sexual assault allegations are very serious, lawyer’s won’t touch it without being contacted first. 

And based on how smooth brained and angry most LTT fans have been over the existing issues. I wouldn’t be surprised if Maddison gets harassed so much she leaves most online presence

Part of my Mantra of "don't post Twitter Threads, especially late at night" is also functional. Bot networks are absolutely a thing. Don't think the thread about the GN Video wasn't swarmed with a lot of those first-time posters being Swarm Director controlled accounts. (The high end networks have been this hybrid Automate/Manual system for a long time now, basically like a Call Center spamming out numbers.)  Part of those bot networks is insults, abuse & threats. 

"Going Public" on Social Media is to attract the attention of entire Bot User Base on the platform. Twitter generally having the worst of them. If whatever calculations they use say to sling abuse at the person, they're going to swarm them with more hate than you can imagine.  There idiots, assholes and edge lords in the world. There's also 100s of millions of bot accounts.

This is also why I mentioned, in another post, that emotion dumping on social media isn't good for the mental health.  Doing it on Twitter can drive you into a very dark place because of the nature of the platform.

8 minutes ago, yoc said:

Thankfully unions are much easier to start in Canada then then the US. Linus has said this himself! 

Just now, DakotaCx said:

Its definitely not a huge jump. This community is very toxic and defensive over there favorite youtube channel and Linus himself

13 minutes ago, LaRock0wns said:

It's crap like this and people like you that victims don't want to speak.  You don't KNOW she is lying or exaggerating, you are just guessing.  You weren't there.  You have no clue if it's true or not true, but to you it's 'obvious' based on what?    Maybe she is lying or exaggerating, and maybe she's not.   We just have to wait an see instead of just saying crap this. 

You know how it is "Obvious".... its called logic, either Linus and that company are the most evil things on this planet that do almost literally everything wrong in regards to workplace harassment her saying they asked about her sex life, her boyfriends, asking her to twerk, calling her an idiot lazy (every other neghative word) and not ONE person would have stood up and said anything, you've hadn't heard anything from the time it happend until now, from her or anyone, considering she no longer works there and could have resentment, you package ALL that together and if your honest with yourself and say "what are the odds all these things are true and we never got even the slightest hint that this was the true nature behind closed doors" then you have to come to the conclusion she is making it up with the intent to hurt the companies  image and linus for that matter

Just now, Booch121 said:

Its definitely not a huge jump. This community is very toxic and defensive over there favorite youtube channel and Linus himself

What point is posting on the internet if you can't simp or white knight for someone?