Cancel Your Floatplane Subscription. Don't Buy Their Merch.

geokilla
2 hours ago, Phse0 said:

I hope there will be some kind of discount for the floatplane subscribers, because of the lack of content...

Here's your $2.33 discount for the lost week of content.  Don't spend it all in one place.

9 hours ago, Phse0 said:

I never said that it equals more profit, i said it would create more cashflow. Also i never said, they have to provide something additional, just that I hope it.

You do realize a businesses job is to make money right? So what does more cash flow do if they are not making any more profit? 

9 hours ago, Phse0 said:

And yes i will consider to unsub if there is no value for me anymore. I don't get your thought process on this one though, only because I hope for something does not mean i will cancel right away.

Simple I pointing out you are owed nothing. Every other streaming platform has raised prices. Floatplane has stayed the same. Even though costs have probably gone up. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

13 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

You do realize a businesses job is to make money right? So what does more cash flow do if they are not making any more profit? 

Simple I pointing out you are owed nothing. Every other streaming platform has raised prices. Floatplane has stayed the same. Even though costs have probably gone up. 

Yes I know a little bit about business and they would make money with e.g. a 5 USD discount on the store or a special discount on a specific item. They do a lot of this stuff during WAN show, for getting rid of dead stock e.g. Many companies sell dead stock cheap because they would lose more money otherwise. 

Actually they do owe me something for the money I pay them, this is how businesses work (excluding charity). As said, I still can hope for something in exchange for the lost week. They do not owe me extra stuff, on this point i agree with you.

13 minutes ago, Phse0 said:

Actually they do owe me something for the money I pay them, this is how businesses work (excluding charity).

Unless I missed something when I signed up for Floatplane, it never said anything about a guaranteed number of uploads a week. Care to prove me wrong?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

12 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Unless I missed something when I signed up for Floatplane, it never said anything about a guaranteed number of uploads a week. Care to prove me wrong?

I don't know about that, I wanted to explain that floatplane subscribers pay for videos. So if someone pays for that, it is also owed. Sorry for that

33 minutes ago, Phse0 said:

Actually they do owe me something for the money I pay them

You have access to their entire video catalogue, thats what you pay them for. You are not owed a discount. Again if you are not happy with what you are receiving then you jump ship. Pretty straight forward if you ask me. 

1 hour ago, Phse0 said:

So if someone pays for that, it is also owed.

Show the criteria that's used that shows how many videos need to be uploaded per a certain time frame. 

Ultimately you decide if it's worth your money, and if you don't think it is, you unsubscribe, or don't subscribe at all. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

So what does more cash flow do if they are not making any more profit? 

It's used to reduce the amount of money they're losing. if they are. Sure, their job is to make money. If they're not making money or even breaking even, they better start changing or they'll soon run out. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

t's used to reduce the amount of money they're losing. if they are. Sure, their job is to make money. If they're not making money or even breaking even, they better start changing or they'll soon run out. 

When you discount products you reduce margin. Which reduces revenue, which means you could be losing money. Im going to guess the margin on a lot of their products probably aint that good. 

Linus cry how expensive and pointless 800$ cooling block is so what about his stupid backpack? I can get the same quality backpack for 100$ in the EU hit them where it hurts!!! 

1. Cancel Your Floatplane Subscription
2. Don't buy anything from them!
3. Always run AddBlock if you still watch their videos
4. Always dislike any video they post
5. Run a video with the 2x speed to hit the algorithm hard!
6. Watch videos only for a few minutes to make the algorithm not recommend them
7. Cancel Your YouTube Subscriptions for all their channels!

We can do it guys i am counting on you all !

17 minutes ago, Goriss said:
Linus cry how expensive and pointless 800$ cooling block is so what about his stupid backpack? I can get the same quality backpack for 100$ in the EU hit them where it hurts!!! 

That is just dumb

Their backpack have been reviewed by many people and they like it.

Price of their backpack also reasonable for comparable size and not expensive compared to some of the branded item on the market.

The cooling block does not make sense because of the price to performance for it just does nor add up. Just because they make it it copper does not magically solve heat issue. In addition copper is terrible with water and heat. There will be many issue of maintaining the product.

Copper usually used in air cooling not water cooling

7 hours ago, Donut417 said:

You have access to their entire video catalogue, thats what you pay them for. You are not owed a discount. Again if you are not happy with what you are receiving then you jump ship. Pretty straight forward if you ask me. 

That is wrong in my opinion. Someone does not subscribe to Amazon Prime, Netflix or anything just to rewatch the old things again and again. (Not that I am saying a week is that long)

You put things in my mouth i never said, I said I hope (maybe I should have said whish) for something because of a gap that is usually filled and not that I am owed a discount. I don't get why you are making things up.

5 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

It's used to reduce the amount of money they're losing. if they are. Sure, their job is to make money. If they're not making money or even breaking even, they better start changing or they'll soon run out. 

Thank you, that is what i am trying to say. Oh and a way to secure more income is returning customers. 

Just noticed floatplane lost another 600 subs in a space of an hour about midnight last night. I wondered if there was sudden news or something. I can't seem to see a reason for the sudden drop then plateau again

On 8/24/2023 at 12:45 PM, Donut417 said:

More cash flow doesn't  always equal more profit especially when discounts are applied. I live in the US, and I would never buy from the LTTstore because shipping is way to much money.  Considering no other streaming provider would provide discounts due to lack of content, they simply dont have to provide shit. If it is no longer of value to you, you unsub. 

I mean it really depends how much they are in need of liquidity vs profit. Lime day for instance was there to increase liquidity with the downside of reduced or even negative profit 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

13 hours ago, Goriss said:

Wow what an absolute cretin. 

19 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

Its implied... buyers would have expectations around frequency of uploads staying consistent.

Implied warrenties do exist.

At least in canada they do.

4 minutes ago, tech.guru said:

Its implied... buyers would have expectations around frequency of uploads staying consistent.

Implied warrenties do exist.

There is no set criteria for how many uploads are required per week. Implied warranties exist, but what is the expectation from most of the subscribers of Floatplane? The reality is...if you don't like how they run, and most of the subscribers are fine with how things are, simply unsubscribe and move on.

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

There is no set criteria for how many uploads are required per week. Implied warranties exist, but what is the expectation from most of the subscribers of Floatplane? The reality is...if you don't like how they run, and most of the subscribers are fine with how things are, simply unsubscribe and move on.

Im just saying the people complaining have a right to complain.

ITs very disingenuous to suggest no set uploads given the stress linus set internally inside his company to upload a set number of videos on his channels daily.

He clearly aware of the expectations of his floatplane/youtube users given the internal push to create new content at all cost is what spurred the entire drama.

24 minutes ago, tech.guru said:

Im just saying the people complaining have a right to complain.

sure and they have the right to complain to the company instead of going online looking to be validated for their complaints by others who feel the same.

nobody said they don't have the right. the people complaining about the complainers also have the right to complain. you get that right?

people have the right to be a bratty little a-hole to other people. just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean it's the best thing to do though. that's the kind of argument immature people make to justify their bad behavior and demand people accept it. "i have the right to do that though!!!!" yeah sure buddy and i have the right to think less of you for it.

On 8/21/2023 at 6:00 AM, Thepyrodex said:

but why are you choosing to spend your time spouting hate?

How is simply reporting on the number of subscriptions "spouting hate"?

On 8/21/2023 at 6:00 AM, Thepyrodex said:

Do you realize that even if LTT is destroyed and never makes a video again, Linus is still rich and will just fuck off and go live his life happily right?

That's not how business works. A LOT of Linus' wealth is tied up in the valuation/income of LMG. If it sinks he sinks with it for the most part. Kind of like how most of Elon Musk's wealth is tied up in company stock in Tesla, SpaceX, etc. When the stock prices for those companies goes up so does Elon's net worth. When it goes down the same thing happens.

On 8/15/2023 at 1:39 PM, geokilla said:

Since Linus only cares about money, the obvious thing to do is to cancel your Floatplane subscription. Also don't buy their merch. Who in their right mind is going to pay $250 USD or $70 USD for a backpack and screwdriver respectively?

For posting this, I'm buying a backpack. Keep going and I'll buy more! 😄 DON'T MAKE ME SUB TO FLOATPLANE. 

2 minutes ago, laez said:

For posting this, I'm buying a backpack. Keep going and I'll buy more! 😄 DON'T MAKE ME SUB TO FLOATPLANE. 

Do it! Floatplane is awesome 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240