Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

14 minutes ago, MrSuperb said:

As far as I recall Linus never wanted to hire her, but it was the community pressure, why they gave it a try. And it was the same community demanding to give her screen time. Look at videos from 2 to 3 years ago.

I remember the videos she was in, but what do they have to do with her starting drama? 

1 minute ago, andreimj said:

They didn't mold. You didn't watch the video. They've milled well from copper... billets. Which is not only expensive, but also wasteful

It's metal. It is common for machine shops to save their shavings/chips to resell as high quality scrap to be melted back down into billet again.

Just now, Godiwa said:

a handmade prototype... and apparently you are clueless on costs in such things... a mold to make a computer case can easily be @100.000-500.000... which is also why companies hate to make new cases since it costs a fortune 😉

I'm sure Dell has made like... US$2bn from the case molds they got back in 1989.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

6 minutes ago, andreimj said:

They didn't mold. You didn't watch the video. They've milled well from copper... billets. Which is not only expensive, but also wasteful

I didn't say they molded the cooler *facepalm* I gave you an introduction to what prototyping costs...
the cooler is HAND MADE... and not just with your dewalt handgrinder... it is made with microfins for the water to pass over... and to be water tight... etc. etc. it costs a LOT of money it's not just buying a 50 dollar lump of copper and call it a day...

when it goes into mass production it gets much cheaper, but one off models = extremely expensive... and guess what... prototypes are not massproduced 😉 comprende?

Just now, GotWeez said:

It's metal. It is common for machine shops to save their shavings/chips to resell as high quality scrap to be melted back down into billet again.

you are right. But think how wasteful it is to mill all that metal just to be heated again to be remolded

I love LMG and have been watching forever. I also really love the work Gamers Nexus does. I might be naive, but I really hope things progress in a productive way. Seems like the thing everyone agrees on is that rushed videos sucks for everyone in every process. As a typical consumer of LMG's videos I gotta say I would never notice these errors and that goes to Steve's creditability for ringing this bell. Even that 300% error. I don't think I would of noticed it. I've always trusted LMG's findings as truth. I hope yall do better. Please earn my faith, because to be fair I'm not going to bother to look at other reviews that aren't LMGs. 

BTW I bought a framework laptop and thus far love it. Except the charging cable insulation kinda just deteriorated kinda weird. 

8 minutes ago, andreimj said:

They just take the scrap copper from the machining process and add with the copper that's yet to be melted and cast, that's largely what most do with metal like copper because of it's expense anyway so you have little to no waste.
What's not used (Scrap pieces/shavings) is remelted and the process repeats.

4 minutes ago, andreimj said:

you are right. But think how wasteful it is to mill all that metal just to be heated again to be remolded

Yes it does use up more energy for the same metal but then again you'd use the same energy anyway if using all new copper too.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

8 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

just watch the video they just posted today about it?

I haven't had a chance yet, I'm still at work.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

4 minutes ago, andreimj said:

That's just machining. We're talking about subtractive processes.

Once the prototyping is done and you have a minimum viable product/prototype, then you can iron out the machining wastes.

It's a lot easier to iron out machining waste when you're cutting your billet to size from bulk bars, instead of buying blocks of billet material that may not be cut to ideal dimensions for minimizing material waste and machine time.

14 minutes ago, schwarzerrogen said:

I understand Billet has lost a prototype and likely feels betrayed but looking at their website... it's hard to truly feel bad for them. Their pricing is downright laughable. <200mm 1/4" straight copper pipe costs 46 CAD... I can go into my local Kents or Home Depot and buy a few feet of 1/4 copper pipe for less, deburr it, tap it, and install a generic fitting and still be ahead money and time.

Again, this is not saying LTT is right or wrong, or that Billet is right or wrong... but if this 1 protype is going to cause their ruin then their process, Machining, and QC is atrocious. Or they're out of touch. Or hoping for whales.

Their main product is not the copper pipe.

2 minutes ago, tnbdare said:

I love LMG and have been watching forever. I also really love the work Gamers Nexus does. I might be naive, but I really hope things progress in a productive way. Seems like the thing everyone agrees on is that rushed videos sucks for everyone in every process. As a typical consumer of LMG's videos I gotta say I would never notice these errors and that goes to Steve's creditability for ringing this bell. Even that 300% error. I don't think I would of noticed it. I've always trusted LMG's findings as truth. I hope yall do better. Please earn my faith, because to be fair I'm not going to bother to look at other reviews that aren't LMGs. 

BTW I bought a framework laptop and thus far love it. Except the charging cable insulation kinda just deteriorated kinda weird. 

At this point, many of us are hoping for this. Good luck with your Framework, and I hope it serves you well 😄 

15 minutes ago, vannac said:

It's a hard day today Linus, but you should know that your fans are behind you and we know that your future reviews are going to be bulletproof. If this dude's channel had anything remotely as interesting to watch as stuff LTT has done for years, I would be subscribed to him. But I'm not. LTT fan for life. Looking forward to your return!

PS there's a reason GN has 2 million subs and you have 15 mill!

Jeez. The damning evidence has been presented very clearly by both GN and, by his actions, Linus. LMG is a sh!tshow of bad vibes (to say the very least). Open you eyes.

1 minute ago, bvvfbQsy5DmWyzTwcSLMWCMYYS said:

But what is? I couldn't find their "main thing". I only read their statement that this is their passion and kind of a side business

2 hours ago, djenson said:

Yes, Lets make it more accurate

You give me a new "prototype" supercar, with nothing other than please make a review. I put 87 octane fuel in instead of 93 and make a review criticizing its value and not recommending it. Suddenly, you want the car back. I agree to give you the car back, but my bad processes make this a delayed fashion. I then realize than one of my employees has sold the vehicle. I explain this to you and offer to give you money compensation. I then manage to get this rare and one of a kind supercar back, but you still want the monetary value, even though you claim that not having it has caused your production like to "stall" even though you were happy to let me keep it earlier. 

Billet labs story is inconsistent at best, and a bit dodgy at worse. LTT fucked up, but it was not with malice. It's that the head wasn't talking to the tail.

Yeah, pretty much.

I hope Linus would show the emails confirming his team trying to reach out prior to Steve's video though. Like, I get not wanting to throw anyone under the bus at LMG so names can just be redacted or something but if LMG were to show just this, the main point of Steve that LMG is lying would immediately die then we would know if Billet is lying or Steve is. Because not everyone can be telling the truth here. I'm not talking about the mishaps and the mistakes that were made but this evidence would be pretty nice to see.

This is kinda like you coming into the room and you see your partner swiping on something that looks like Tinder and you ask them to just show you the screen for a second to assuage your fears or just let you see that you were wrong. In this situation, if your partner just shows and its not Tinder but something that looks similar, faith is restored immediately and you can laugh about it or talk about why your mind went to kind so fast. Either way, both parties can talk it out and help each other feel great again. BUT imagine if your partner runs out of the room quickly or turns off their phone or starts calling you insane and  simply refuse to give you a quick look, things would just be awkward from there. Even if there was nothing nefarious on the phone, doing something simple to show your partner you care is not worth the mistrust that would come from this.

In conclusion, lol, Bro L, please just show us something because all this "drama" is just not worth it and not showing anything is definitely not going to get you anywhere.

The end.

Wonder if GN is going to do a follow-up video. Maybe explain why they didn't contact LTT for comment? This essentially burned GN for me. But I think GN is happy about the 3.4+ million views on the first video and the 1.6 million views on the second video. And with their new 2.01M subs. He profited big time on subs. He might not have profited from the video BUT he will see a good revenue return on the next videos he does monetise.

ltt.jpg.4479f607d041098f49ed031fda18535f.jpg

Just curious, why did the apology video get downvoted to oblivion? I thought it was pretty informative and far, FAR better than I could have hoped for (better then Linus vomitting garbage for 20 minutes). Is there a reason people are still hateful? I just noticed the Madison situation but it looks like they have people investigating that, so not sure what the anger is pointed towards now.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

8 hours ago, Shlouski said:

From a previous comment you suggested he wasn't this type of person, but now you seem to be suggestion he is this type of person, make up your mind lol. 

Yes GN is showing his true colours in the mirror, and it ain't pretty. 

Your right, but he's not just pointing out inaccuracies and behavior, GN going about this in an intentionally provocative manner.

GN can call you every shitty thing under the sun and it's ok, but if you get upset, offended or try to defend yourself, then you are the problem.

Dude, you can't even spell it

giphy.webp.b9e1fe7d08d8a8beacd06c08e32cbfd2.webp

We watched the videos and I doubt any of us here have had a recent lobotomy. That has to be one of the worst post I've come across today and that says something. Add that GIF to it and it's throw-up material. 

1 minute ago, 3m3m said:

Wonder if GN is going to do a follow-up video. Maybe explain why they didn't contact LTT for comment? This essentially burned GN for me. But I think GN is happy about the 3.4+ million views on the first video and the 1.6 million views on the second video. And with their new 2.01M subs. He profited big time on subs. He might not have profited from the video BUT he will see a good revenue return on the next videos he does monetise.

ltt.jpg.4479f607d041098f49ed031fda18535f.jpg

He didn't contact them because he didn't have to... LMG was adviced a while ago that they will be treated like any other big company since they are not just a small youtuber anymore but all a producer  and a large corporation...

GN doesn't owe them any excuse for not contacting them, they presented truthfull evidence... action will now be taken and that's it... Some silly enough believe that you always have to contact people before posting stuff... you don't... amd they didn't...

8 minutes ago, bvvfbQsy5DmWyzTwcSLMWCMYYS said:

Welllllllllllllll........

It kinda is... at least... it's 20% of their product catalogue. 

billetlabsshop.jpg

Just now, Birblover12 said:

Just curious, why did the apology video get downvoted to oblivion? I thought it was pretty informative and far, FAR better than I could have hoped for (better then Linus vomitting garbage for 20 minutes). Is there a reason people are still hateful? I just noticed the Madison situation but it looks like they have people investigating that, so not sure what the anger is pointed towards now.

They didn't address the Madison situation at all, provided no apology to GN, Linus used the same deflection tactic of "here are people being unhinged" instead of sticking to addressing the issues and the jokes + lttstore plug rubbed some people the wrong way.

Not saying I agree with all those as reasons to dislike the video but I understand why people might see them as reasons to be unhappy. Personally without an apology to GN I refuse to accept that Linus actually believes he was in the wrong and I believe he likely still believes that some of what he said was right.

4 minutes ago, Birblover12 said:

I also thought they did a good job with it.

Just now, GotWeez said:

Welllllllllllllll........

It kinda is... at least... it's 20% of their product catalogue. 

billetlabsshop.jpg

if you count that the gasket, mounting kit, threaded fittings are part of the cooler design it ads up to 90 :)))

Just now, jubjub said:

They didn't address the Madison situation at all, provided no apology to GN, Linus used the same deflection tactic of "here are people being unhinged" instead of sticking to addressing the issues and the jokes + lttstore plug rubbed some people the wrong way.

Not saying I agree with all those as reasons to dislike the video but I understand why people might see them as reasons to be unhappy. Personally without an apology to GN I refuse to accept that Linus actually believes he was in the wrong and I believe he likely still believes that some of what he said was right.

They aren't ever going to publicly address the Madison situation at all. Labor laws and such.

1 minute ago, andreimj said:

if you count that the gasket, mounting kit, threaded fittings are part of the cooler design it ads up to 90 :)))

Hey... they offer replacement parts... can't hate on that in 2023