Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

12 minutes ago, jamaniek said:

I'm not gonna touch Madison thing with a ten foot pole. If true it can't be resolved with a simple video but it certainly needs to be addressed in some way and fast. The accusations are really, really serious and for now it's word against word and frankly nobody on this forum should cast judgment at this time. 

I don't thank that'll go anywhere. She's out of her mind.

To intentionally gash your leg open to go to the ER to avoid going to work is insane. There is absolutely no situation that would justify that, no matter how heinous. To determine that was an appropriate action is clearly indicative of her brain not firing on... MANY cylinders. Take everything she said with a grain of salt. Shit like that that probably prompted the verbal "no drama contract."

She's crazy... that is shit that crazy people do. Not normal, sane, rational people. Lunatics.

Just now, bandainamcofan said:

Where was this stated?

Kinda yes or no?  They said LMG could keep it to continue testing other products.  But they never said it was there's to own and do with as they please.

It's like if you loan something to a friend and say 'Keep it as long as you need it, it's cool' and they come back saying '...So I sold it on eBay actually'.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

9 minutes ago, GotWeez said:

I don't thank that'll go anywhere. She's out of her mind.

To intentionally gash your leg open to go to the ER to avoid going to work is insane. There is absolutely no situation that would justify that, no matter how heinous. To determine that was an appropriate action is clearly indicative of her brain not firing on... MANY cylinders. Take everything she said with a grain of salt. Shit like that that probably prompted the verbal "no drama contract."

She's crazy... that is shit that crazy people do. Not normal, sane, rational people. Lunatics.

Yeah dude, because someone is struggling with their mental health due to work it means everything they say must be a lie.

2 minutes ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

Kinda yes or no?  They said LMG could keep it to continue testing other products.  But they never said it was there's to own and do with as they please.

It's like if you loan something to a friend and say 'Keep it as long as you need it, it's cool' and they come back saying '...So I sold it on eBay actually'.

it wasn't a loan, Billet stated it was their to keep. That's a fact. You can turn it how you like, but it doesn't make it less true

1 minute ago, bandainamcofan said:

"It wasn't so you could sell it." 

How would you know. People naturally asuming stuff brought lead us to this mess. Not to say that Billet said that it might work on a 4090 and you're welcome to try. What a joke...

Just now, andreimj said:

it wasn't a loan, Billet stated it was their to keep. That's a fact. You can turn it how you like, but it doesn't make it less true

If I loan you my car, then say I need it back, you agree to return it to me, and then sell it, there's a serious problem. 

Just now, Amaninacity said:

If you’re going to do a journalism, you do a journalism the right way. Steve also clearly has a grasp of the need to request comment as he has done it in the past for similar stories.

And he literally spells it out that the reason he didn't approach for comment was because the harm was still active, and that there has already been enough of a pattern that nothing was going to change from one comment.

People keep citing the SPJ Code of Ethics, but they completely misunderstand that you do NOT have to address every single entity in a story. In fact, the irony is that the same Code of Ethics clearly states to not give anyone special treatment (which is unironically what Linus wanted, as he would've had the ability to control the narrative through Stephen/GN). So once again, people complain about one thing, and then completely lose sight that LMG/LTT's requests would've contradicted Code of Ethics too.

1 minute ago, Amaninacity said:

All of this was “Billet labs claimed”. Works of journalism have an ethical obligation to be accurate, and getting comment from the subject of the journalism you’re doing is one of the steps in verifying the accuracy of your reporting. This practice is standard. Even Steve treats it as such for everybody except Linus, apparently. 

And you think talking to an organization who has already shown a willingness to lie multiple times, is gonna make your work any more accurate? LTT/LMG had already been on record saying that they "reached out" to BL with the intent to make things right. What more do you think Stephen would've gotten out of LMG/LTT?

You act like GN didn't do any vetting when he's been on record saying that he had the timeline of emails and communication from LTT/LMG, and BL's allegations showed that LTT/LMG stopped communicating, and thus led to the events that would ultimately end in the copper block being auctioned. It seems that in complaining about the virtue of ethics, you've completely lost sight that GN did everything in their power to not only showcase accurate information, but also went through great lengths to remain ethical in their sourcing and disclosing of information.

Just now, Chairman Boofy said:

Yeah dude, because someone is struggling with their mental health due to work it means everything they say must be a lie.

Eat shit, incel

I have had employees struggle with mental health, addiction, many things.

I have never had an employee with a known propensity for causing drama mutilate their body in order to justify calling out. That is actual insanity.

Just now, bandainamcofan said:

If I loan you my car, then say I need it back, you agree to return it to me, and then sell it, there's a serious problem. 

I get the feeling you might have some cognitive issues. They said "it was yours to keep" Where do you see the word loan in their statement?

1 minute ago, andreimj said:

How would you know

That statement is in the very screenshot you linked. You don't want to have a discussion, so I won't be responding to you further. Have a lovely day.

1 minute ago, andreimj said:

And I bet you there is a contract in place, that neither of them has shared yet.

If you think a company can just receive anything from another company without proper paper work you are hallucinating. There are legal and finical implications …

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Just now, GotWeez said:

I have had employees struggle with mental health, addiction, many things.

I have never had an employee with a known propensity for causing drama mutilate their body in order to justify calling out. That is actual insanity.

Raising concerns in a workplace isn't "causing drama" and healthy workplaces have mechanisms to handle it in appropriate way, something that's obviously completely foreign to you. 

1 minute ago, MrSuperb said:

And I bet you there is a contract in place, that neither of them has shared yet.

If you think a company can just receive anything from another company without proper paper work you are hallucinating. There are legal and finical implications …

i think you replied to the wrong coment 😂

1 minute ago, Chairman Boofy said:

Raising concerns in a workplace isn't "causing drama" and healthy workplaces have mechanisms to handle it in appropriate way, something that's obviously completely foreign to you. 

Oh I'm sure she raised concerns...

I'm also sure she caused a lot of unnecessary drama. Such as... slicing her own leg open to justify calling out of work. Doesn't matter how bad the work environment is... that isn't something that properly functioning, rational, credible, healthy people do.

20 minutes ago, jack20591 said:

The extreme tech upgrade for the companies owner, another horrendous red flag.

While it is quite a tangent, for the tech upgrade there are simple rules:

- does it create views

- does it get green-lighted by AMD (or Intel before)

It was funny as hell, it did raise "AMD awareness" and there is no deal that every employee has to get one in a certain order.

-> nothing else than a sponsor supplying parts for a Linus Mansion upgrade, all good and fine as long as the fiscal bookkeeping is done right.

7 minutes ago, Chairman Boofy said:

There is toxic employees, as well as toxic employers. I have seen my fair share of both.

Also employees can make a workplace extremely toxic. I have seen my fair share of overpaid people who didn’t do shit, but complain and make up lies and in some countries they are extremely difficult to get rid of.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

5 minutes ago, TechDeckCAD said:

And you think talking to an organization who has already shown a willingness to lie multiple times, is gonna make your work any more accurate? LTT/LMG had already been on record saying that they "reached out" to BL with the intent to make things right. What more do you think Stephen would've gotten out of LMG/LTT?

More. Because if they lie, and you actually can prove it, it strengthens your story. That Mossec Fonseca thing from a few posts ago is a perfect example. They lied when they got a request for comment, and then they got fucking destroyed for it.

And maybe they would have gotten nothing, or a response they could prove false, or a repeat of the original stance. Or whatever. But the failure to do it shows a lack of objectivity. They didn’t want to receive a comment that fucked their thesis up, and they probably assumed that even if there were major factual errors that Linus would throw a tantrum and it would muddy the waters enough that they could get away with it.

2 minutes ago, GotWeez said:

I'm also sure she caused a lot of unnecessary drama. Such as... slicing her own leg open to justify calling out of work. Doesn't matter how bad the work environment is... that isn't something that properly functioning, rational, credible, healthy people do.

Let’s not vilify the woman. She may have mental illness, or she may have just cracked under pressure. If her allegations are true, it’s fucked up and needs to be held to account.

Come on after 258 pages. Like I didn't know that after I watched the first GN 44 min video I went right to the forums, Reddit, discord, and it was gonna blow up and LTT fans ans GN Fans would go nutz of course it would and GN(Steve knew it.) As did anyone one else would that has some common sense.  We are all flawed including Linus, and Steve.  After doing all that research you just want Linus to do better BS!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, MrSuperb said:

There is toxic employees, as well as toxic employers. I have seen my fair share of both.

Also employees can make a workplace extremely toxic. I have seen my fair share of overpaid people who didn’t do shit, but complain and make up lies and in some countries they are extremely difficult to get rid of.

Again, doesn't at all mean there isn't any merit to it beyond your knee-jerk reaction to think it isn't true because of being a... fanboy?. Regardless, it 100 percent requires a response because those are serious allegations.

9 minutes ago, andreimj said:

I get the feeling you might have some cognitive issues. They said "it was yours to keep" Where do you see the word loan in their statement?

How about your cognitive issues? You have a propensity to ignore any facts that would go against your narrative. I have no choice but to assume you are a troll, or wasting your time trolling here when you could have spent that time having a productive discussion.

You've consistently ignored facts in order to push out one sentence that suits your extremely flawed reading of the sentence (Ex. In saying that Billet Labs allowed LMG/LTT to keep it, and then you ignore when LMG/LTT were on record in July saying that they would return the prototype to Billet).

2 minutes ago, Chairman Boofy said:

Again, doesn't at all mean there isn't any merit to it beyond your knee-jerk reaction to think it isn't true because of being a... fanboy?. Regardless, it 100 percent requires a response because those are serious allegations.

get over yourself. it's getting old

5 minutes ago, GotWeez said:

You have no basis or evidence to suggest this person "caused a lot of drama" beyond you knee-jerk reaction to want to believe it false. That's just gross behavior on your part.

Unless you're a psychiatrist who is treating that person (which you're definitely not) you have no basis to determine what a person might do when faced with that type of situation if they're already experiencing mental health challenges.

It also doesn't necessarily make any of it untrue. Regardless it warrants a response because the allegations are serious.