Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

6 minutes ago, speederzd said:

Who is this referring to? GN? Because that's... hilariously wrong. Not only do they not average 60k views, they don't even have a single video from the last year with that amount of views. The closest you can get is 70k on a video announcement of their merch.

I missed a digit. 260k

27 minutes ago, Im_a_Rhinoceros said:

GN sold me and thousands of other people a defective product and refused to fix it so they threw me under the bus for one

oh which defective product did they sell that they "refused" to fix?

2 hours ago, jooroth18 said:

This take is so unbeliveably bad.

WHO ARE YOU to say that im jealous. No, im not.

Im a big LTT supporter who had floatplane, has a bunch of LTT merch, and has been watching for 8+ years.

Im deeply dissapointed in linus's handling of this. And all i want is him to do better. Im NOT a hater, im a dissapointed fan who wants better.

TBH, what do you expect Linus to say more? He's going to compensate BL, LMG does not want to engage in YouTubers war with guerilla nexus.

Linus has always acted like the goofy big brother to young tech tubers, jesty in ways, but always ready to lend a hand. Just because steve got offended with LMG staff jesting on test methodology, he unleashed 6 months of stalking fellow YouTuber? and bunch of Steve rant are minor issues that LMG have promise to improve.

again, do not become a pawn of ego steve to wage this war. it's no longer YouTubers collaboration, steve is seeing LMG labs as a competitor he's out to kill, out of fear and ego hit.

like who stalks fellow YouTubers for nitpicks for 6 months. this is the kind of siege mentality a small minded ego freak plays 

Just now, Godiwa said:

A pin out printed on a mod mat was incorrect.

He sent out corrections but it wasn't a whole new mat.

3 minutes ago, JoshuaScholar said:

I'm convinced that Linus is always risking dropping $10000 cpus for laughs.

He's at least risking it on purpose on an unconscious level if he isn't doing it entirely on purpose!

I am just here to pay my respects to Luke and all the other people that did their very best. I am sorry to see all of you in this bad light. I wish you all the best. As for Linus i am sure he is financially strong enough to go without YouTube. I am sure he put enough money away when something like this happens. So I hope he enjoys his retirement.

RIP LMG

29 minutes ago, Drazil100 said:

I love this phrasing. Not even good enough to do gymnastics in your head. Have to resort to gyrating to come up with your bad thought process.

The "mental gymnastics" would have come up if we found out someone went through a lot of work to avoid the blame for the auction sale happening.  The jokey email I don't think was callous, intentionally. It was clearly the only thing that popped out from what should have been a Red Alert situation. 

2 hours ago, Im_a_Rhinoceros said:

Assuming the graph from WAN in 2020 is still accurate, and being conservative and assuming no growth since 2020 (which obv isn’t true), LTT is making about $70mm in revenue/year. 

I obv haven’t seen the books but forecasting that out over 10 years (assuming perpetuity), anticipating a 10% annualized growth in earnings (based on past growth) and marketability discount of between 20 and 25 percent, LTT is worth about $600mm.

9A9392CB-C3B2-4C32-954C-F8DEA2D13E45.png

2F262A58-DFD9-4928-98A6-5EFE5E8AE3C5.jpeg

@Im_a_Rhinoceros How did you come up with $70mm. I see total revenue from AdSense to be 1,592,943.00 and considering it constitutes 26% of the total revenue then 100% of the revenue is $6.13mm 

3 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

A supposedly reference $100 mod mat that is now worthless for its intended purpose.

3 minutes ago, Madpaatch said:

@Im_a_Rhinoceros How did you come up with $70mm. I see total revenue from AdSense to be 1,592,943.00 and considering it constitutes 26% of the total revenue then 100% of the revenue is $6.13mm 

Ive already answered this. It is 1.5 million a month. Pretty easy to check: 1-2mm views per video times X number of videos per month times average CPM

Employees are overwhelmed at LMG, who would have guessed with a boss like Linus.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

38 minutes ago, tech.guru said:

we judge actions everyday for motive and intentions.

Like if someone raises and points a gun... you assume that person may have the intention to shoot you. It gives police probable cause to fire and kill the suspect.

The person doesnt need to yell 'im gonna shoot' his actions demonstrate that intention when he raises the gun and points it.

Your argument is dumb and stupid sorry.

Your analogy doesn't compare since it's a direct action where you you would be part of that situation. You are neither part of LMG or part of the company who made that block. As per most situation, the truth lies between both statements. Also, ending a post with things like "dumb" and "stupid" is clearly showing signs that you wish to end the discussion and end it on your side without much effort.

7 minutes ago, JoshuaScholar said:

A pin out printed on a mod mat was incorrect.

He sent out corrections but it wasn't a whole new mat.

4 minutes ago, Im_a_Rhinoceros said:

A supposedly reference $100 mod mat that is now worthless for its intended purpose.

people where offered a FULL REFUND... so your statement is just a blatant lie... did your Lord Linus send you? yes they were also able to get a correction sent out but they could return it and get a full refund... guess you weren't paying attention... and later on the 2. sort mats were sold with a disclaimer + corrections for I believe a lowered price as well...

can't send out a new mat if none exist... but getting your money back is 100% fair... then you can order when the next (correct) batch comes in stock...

2 minutes ago, 3m3m said:

I am just here to pay my respects to Luke and all the other people that did their very best. I am sorry to see all of you in this bad light. I wish you all the best. As for Linus i am sure he is financially strong enough to go without YouTube. I am sure he put enough money away when something like this happens. So I hope he enjoys his retirement.

RIP LMG

You see ME in a bad light because I am perfectly aware when Linus, over and over, juggles fragile parts worth thousands and usually gets close to dropping them and sometimes DOES drop them?

Good people are blind?

5 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

The "mental gymnastics" would have come up if we found out someone went through a lot of work to avoid the blame for the auction sale happening.  The jokey email I don't think was callous, intentionally. It was clearly the only thing that popped out from what should have been a Red Alert situation. 

I picture an overweight nerd trying to do gymnastics but only managing to gyrate in place and calling that gymnastics.

Just now, Godiwa said:

people where offered a FULL REFUND... so your statement is just a blatant lie... did your Lord Linus send you? yes they were also able to get a correction sent out but they could return it and get a full refund... guess you weren't paying attention... and later on the 2. sort mats were sold with a disclaimer + corrections for I believe a lowered price as well...

can't send out a new mat if none exist... but getting your money back is 100% fair... then you can order when the next (correct) batch comes in stock...

aaand some malicious YouTuber could turn this into a guerilla story about how guerilla nexus took too long to rectify their mistakes...

Correct me if I'm wrong.

1. When hardware arrives at LMG it is given an asset tag sticker (could be applied after testing or use) and is entered into a database with information about the item.

2. The information in the database can contain anything about the asset, like who owns it (does it need to be returned), did it come with any accessories or the like.

3. Any LMG employee could ask logistics about the asset if they ran into it, to asses if any action needs to take place with it.  

Why was the Billet Labs block sold at auction? Did no one look up the asset tag? Was the information for the tag incomplete? Did the block even get an asset tag?

Linus has no problem spotting asset tags during the $5k builds, did he turn a blind eye?

4 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

Actually, I was deployed. When I came back a few month later they told me to fuck off in not so many words. They also too forever to do anything to begin with

Just now, Cornd0g said:

What the heck is up with all the spinless, bootlicking losers?  You're seriously defending a shitbag who did all that, and lied to all their fans?  You all have got to be some super sad sapplings.  Get a life!

Brand new account comes here to shit talk people. Oh no!

So is this just a combination of some miscommunication and sloppiness that will get resolved over time? That is the hunch I am getting from this if I understand Linus provided the benefit of the doubt. I watched GN's video concerning the issue and listened too Hardware Unboxed's podcast which covered it (pretty balanced take by HU). As a casual consumer the benchmark issues are less important to me personally especially if they don't affect the end result considerably, the situation with Billet Labs seemed pretty bad but also could be huge issues with communications.

Just now, SimonShipperd said:

Oh no, a high workload at a demanding job. This has never been seen in the history of capitalism.

just because stories of employers treating you like turbo horseshit isn't rly rare nowdays, doesn't mean it's justified, right?

well, i suppose we should wait for what they got to say regarding this to see both side of the story, but this isn't looking good

5 hours ago, mikaelus said:

Not enough to allege anything. Either you have evidence or keep it shut. Especially as a tech reviewer who is bashing others for mangling test results. It's pure hypocrisy.

lol ok conflicts of interest just don’t exist

Just now, SimonShipperd said:

Oh no, a high workload at a demanding job. This has never been seen in the history of capitalism.

High workload is normal throughout industry but it can be more or less onerous depending on compensation. I would be a lot more willing to put up with bullshit for $36/hr than I would be at $18/hr.

That said, I'm keenly aware of younger employees pitching fits over a workload that is commensurate with their position, experience, and compensation. Not to sound like a Facebook Boomer, but youngsters can be very entitled and lazy.

It's a wash. Her account of employment at LMG is a valuable primary source but it should be taken with a grain of salt, like all primary sources.

1 minute ago, JoshuaScholar said:

You see ME in a bad light because I am perfectly aware when Linus, over and over, juggles fragile parts worth thousands and usually gets close to dropping them and sometimes DOES drop them?

Good people are blind?

I think there are innocent people in LTT. People that never were on or in a Video or even responsible for a video. I would imagine they exist. But regardless LTT is done. For me personally, it is the end of an age. It is sad to see. I still can't believe it was GN that ultimately killed LTT. Just from a friendship perspective that is sad to see. I am just scared people are going to start hurting themselves and or worse because of YouTube. No one should die or lose their livelihood over a video and I fear the worst.

But who knows maybe GN can be the next LTT who knows maybe smaller creators are given an opportunity to shine.