What's the point of events?

The wan show is a recurring event, switching to the calendar view should make that clearer. But yes, the events feature doesn't really get used.

HTTP/2 203

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2023 at 6:45 PM, colonel_mortis said:

The wan show is a recurring event, switching to the calendar view should make that clearer. But yes, the events feature doesn't really get used.

I'd like to see it used more, like say a programming schedule for the 24/7 stream

12 hours ago, 10leej said:

I'd like to see it used more, like say a programming schedule for the 24/7 stream

What if its just random videos from library? 

This would be @LMGcommunity decisions whether LMG wants to add more their events to it or not. Forums don't really host events. Folding and BOINC are member-hosted.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

What if its just random videos from library? 

This would be @LMGcommunity decisions whether LMG wants to add more their events to it or not. Forums don't really host events. Folding and BOINC are member-hosted.

This would be a low priority right now, but maybe in a month or so, we could start to think about it.

It'd be sick if LMG hosted mini-events from time to time, would be super neat. Especially if there were prizes (e.g LTTstore merch/discounts, PC parts, etc). Could be things like a game tournament, a riddle/puzzle that requires people to solve and find a password to win (like they did on LTTstore a while back), best setup judging competition, there are numerous things that could be done.

Up to @LMGcommunity tho

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

1 hour ago, Birblover12 said:

It'd be sick if LMG hosted mini-events from time to time, would be super neat. Especially if there were prizes (e.g LTTstore merch/discounts, PC parts, etc). Could be things like a game tournament, a riddle/puzzle that requires people to solve and find a password to win (like they did on LTTstore a while back), best setup judging competition, there are numerous things that could be done.

Up to @LMGcommunity tho

Problem with any giveaway is the salt it produces. Like when they did the $1 PC build giveaway. There were several threads about it, and crying all over the outlets. Same thing with Verified Actual Gamer and ROG Rig Reboot. 

The other problem is that currently any giveaway is done with extempore livestream. Where having it announced like hour before still wouldn't utilize forums Calendar function.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 8/3/2023 at 1:30 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Problem with any giveaway is the salt it produces. Like when they did the $1 PC build giveaway. There were several threads about it, and crying all over the outlets. Same thing with Verified Actual Gamer and ROG Rig Reboot.

I was thinking it'd be confined just to the forums and not plastered all over the LTT YouTube Channel/Social Medias/etc. which would give the added benefit of getting community feedback before & after hosting events, and the ability for well known forums members to perhaps even host events (with prior Moderator/Admin permission), not to mention it'd be easier to moderate unnecessary whining and salt, but I definitely agree that any giveaway they do people end up crying about it lol.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

On 8/4/2023 at 11:03 PM, Birblover12 said:

not to mention it'd be easier to moderate unnecessary whining and salt

Some of us prefer not to deal with it altogether 🙂

On 8/4/2023 at 11:03 PM, Birblover12 said:

the ability for well known forums members to perhaps even host events (with prior Moderator/Admin permission)

This is already kind of a thing, just not openly broadcasted all over the forum, and not limited to well-known members(although there was a bit of correlation in the past). Users have asked us for permission to run various giveaways through threads or status updates, and usually it's granted.

As mentioned above, Folding and BOINC are all user-organized and ran, and usually have some form of prize incentive for the top competitors.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!