Getting on the livestream : A seriously difficult task

Hi LTT forum peeps !

I tried so hard, by doing all the things i can to get my question show up on the livestream, i mean uh...(frustrated) this twitter Q&A thing is starting to... well let's just say it's getting on my nerves, every single time i post the tweet just before Linus hits the update button and it doesn't show up "YEAH, BRAVO Le twitter for this incredible latency", not to mention than he doesn't read that too many tweets any more so you gotta really nail the posting time minutes before he finishes talking about news, and i can't post the same tweet two times which can be a pain in the butt to ensure that Linus will get my question featured on the livestream, because right now apart from the very lucky people, Linus has more fans than ever and questions get really difficult to handle over time so... Livestream is my only chance to have some answers.

Am i the only one having this trouble ? I stayed up until like 3AM and couldn't get one tweet to show up, ridiculous right ?

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

Hi LTT forum peeps !

I tried so hard, by doing all the things i can to get my question show up on the livestream, i mean uh...(frustrated) this twitter Q&A thing is starting to... well let's just say it's getting on my nerves, every single time i post the tweet just before Linus hits the update button and it doesn't show up "YEAH, BRAVO Le twitter for this incredible latency", not to mention than he doesn't read that too many tweets any more so you gotta really nail the posting time minutes before he finishes talking about news, and i can't post the same tweet two times which can be a pain in the butt to ensure that Linus will get my question featured on the livestream, because right now apart from the very lucky people, Linus has more fans than ever and questions get really difficult to handle over time so... Livestream is my only chance to have some answers.

Am i the only one having this trouble ? I stayed up until like 3AM and couldn't get one tweet to show up, ridiculous right ?

We need to have a thread for asking questions on the forum, rather than using Twitter.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

We need to have a thread for asking questions on the forum, rather than using Twitter.

I think a thread would be just as cluttered anf random as twitter.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

ive watched every live stream and i was live for about 70% of them, ive asked 3-4 twitter questions and they never got answered, but thats just how it is, i know they cant answer everything, but thats what the forums are for!!! ask the questions here, i know its not a reply from Linus himself but alot of people on these forums know just as much as him

Ask all the questions here :D That's what Linus set this thing up for! I would love to be on the livestream on Twitter, there's like a 40 in 35000 chance that it will happen, so never haha :)

Just got to live with the fact that we can't have everything we want. It's not possible.

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

ive watched every live stream and i was live for about 70% of them, ive asked 3-4 twitter questions and they never got answered, but thats just how it is, i know they cant answer everything, but thats what the forums are for!!! ask the questions here, i know its not a reply from Linus himself but alot of people on these forums know just as much as him

+1

The issue I see as someone who spends a lot of time talking to Slick before, during and after the stream is the time constraint. They've got an hour and a half to cover 3 major areas: news and topics (EA BF3 servers, Haswell for sale ect), Twitter Q&A and then the forums news items and builds of the week. Looking at what there is, there isn't some easy solution - each segment is important and a balance needs to be found between the three. I have noticed that in recent months, the amount of time dedicated to Twitter has dropped each stream and it's kind of sad.

One thing to note is a member on here is developing a sort of interface whereby people can ask questions that will be sent to Linus for answering on the stream; it's not finished yet nor is guaranteed to be implemented but it is a possibility. 

With that being said though, instead of one person on a stream answering your questions, there's 18,000 registered members with at least 300 online at any given point who are happy to answer your questions. I think Linus to a certain extent is trying to move away from Twitter because as you may have noticed, he responds to quite a number of Tweets with something along the lines of; "Go ask the forums - they'll help you".

They wished me good night in the last livestream  :P   

OT: I don't think the forum should be used for questions for Linus and Slick, Twitter is more convenient as it isn't page based and it can take the strain better than the forums. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @4,4Ghz | GPU: Sapphire HD7850 @1050Mhz | MB: ASRock z77 Extreme4 | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo v2 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | HDD: Samsung 1TB | Case: Sharkoon T28 blue | PSU​: XFX pro 550w | Mouse: Logitech G500

I think Linus to a certain extent is trying to move away from Twitter because as you may have noticed, he responds to quite a number of Tweets with something along the lines of; "Go ask the forums - they'll help you".

Can't blame him, really.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Well, i'm certainly not hammering Linus for not answering questions because he gets BUCKET load of them all the time but think of it this way... : there's stuff to take into consideration for example Livestreaming is cool, but there's gotta be a benefit from it to make it viable and interesting to viewers, i bet most of the live viewers are there just to get their answers and names on the livestream, it's just the self-satisfaction of showing up on a 35 hundreds of viewers' livestream, so if we can't get our sutff on the livestream (especially for me and other people in Europe, where most of us wouldn't even bother and go to have some sleep becoz they have more important things to do in their lives) we'll just say (without being rude) "Fuck it i'll just watch it on youtube when i have enough free time...".

Don't get me or others WRONG, because i want the forums to be more active, i want more viewers to point their questions at us instead of Linus, but the kind of QUESTIONS i'm hoping to get Linus to see is more related to the channel, the content he makes and some thoughts about the hardware that he got the chance to use.

I'll probably take my best shot at it next week and if not then... i don't know what else to do other than ditching it and watching the broadcast when i get my work done, because not all of us are actually sitting eating potato chips in front of a PC monitor all day, it isn't how most of us roll... (just see the YT subs to twitch live watchers ratio, it's insane).

I just think you have been unlucky. Always remember that the stream is sometimes up to 30 seconds behind live. I am pretty sure Linus has answered or read out tweets from me on the last 3 livestreams. Last nights he read 2 of mine. Its just luck and timing and then obviously having a question or stating something that Linus or Slick wants to talk about or deems relevant enough to answer.

I find the new time much easier to watch here in Europe and it is clearly a better time overall with viewer counts about 500 people higher now then before the switch. I enjoy tuning in and don't particularly mind if he sees or answers my question. Its nice but I watch for the entertainment and general information given out. I personally feel that not getting your question answered was a bigger deal before this forum went live and before it started to work since the move from VB5. You can get an answer to any question now on here really quickly and you don't have to stay up and wait for your answer or post it numerous times.

I see your point, but in fairness Linus is probably the most committed Youtuber out there when it comes to answering questions.

If he were to answer every single Twitter question on the live stream it would still be live right now. I think if more people took their questions like "Should I get the 660ti or 7950?" here then it would free up a lot more space for the topical questions.

If the question is really important then try private messaging him or Twittering before the stream and he might bring it up. If it is purely just to interact with him then stay on the forums :) I think the majority of us now have had an opportunity to discuss topics with him, you just got to be active on here and eventually it will happen!

Here's a suggestion: stop trying so hard.  :P

Seriously, though.  I feel like if you try so hard to time it so that Linus refreshes right after you post your question, it just gets frustrating.  I say just sit back, enjoy the stream, post your questions whenever, and hopefully he'll happen upon yours.

Besides, Linus usually scrolls through quite a few tweets during the Q&A, so I doubt having yours at the top of the list increases your chances by a ton.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Try to send your twitter posts about 3-4 minutes before they update their twitter feed. It's pretty hard to actually do.

Nice input guys, thank you for all the replies, great community, just love it.

Acutally i'd like to send a very long PM to Linus, like very legit stuff giving my full stack of ideas and opinion about what he's doing, it's just the minor stuff that i wanna see on twitter on the livestream, that would be so cool.

I totally understand what you're saying guys, and i totally agree, LTT is basically a two-way interaction between the content maker and the viewer, it's just great, and honestly i enjoy every single moment, humour, personal input and constructive opinion is what all the show is about, i think i'll just tweet like any other regular guy hoping to be there, and watch it live whenever i have time, kick back, grab a snack anenjoy the shiznick out of it.

Thx guys, you really cheered me up after this little frustration i was having there, you people are seiously rock'in the free world around here !

Nice input guys, thank you for all the replies, great community, just love it.

Acutally i'd like to send a very long PM to Linus, like very legit stuff giving my full stack of ideas and opinion about what he's doing, it's just the minor stuff that i wanna see on twitter on the livestream, that would be so cool.

I totally understand what you're saying guys, and i totally agree, LTT is basically a two-way interaction between the content maker and the viewer, it's just great, and honestly i enjoy every single moment, humour, personal input and constructive opinion is what all the show is about, i think i'll just tweet like any other regular guy hoping to be there, and watch it live whenever i have time, kick back, grab a snack anenjoy the shiznick out of it.

Thx guys, you really cheered me up after this little frustration i was having there, you people are seiously rock'in the free world around here !

You'll have better luck sending it to either myself, Dim or Dave. Linus's account is overflowing as is Slicks.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. http://twit.tv/ has livestreaming down to a science. 

their morning show tech news today takes news selections via reddit which gets upvoted or downvoted based on the community and their IRC livechat is polished, lively and fun. preshow they actively converse with livechat "chatrealm" and during show they make witty comments in chatrealm and sometimes break to news straight from links in chatrealm. after show they go back to interacting with chatrealm again. 

their IRC is modded so that you get booted if you go full retard and type all caps or flood it by spamming X messages in Y amount of time. also their moderators are quick to boot to keep things civil. beyond tech news today there are other shows within the TWiT station that go full on interactive with the chatrealm. 

also if linus does keep using twitter then he has to scroll past all the fluff tweets and discourage it during the show to stop to say good night to someone was a waste of time for him and for everyone watching. 

good night... you just wasted mine and everyone else's time. 

Waouh, that was quite brave from you man...

Mod> I'll see what i can do, thanks !

I had a tweet mentioned on his show once. It was a joke about youtube money he took seriously. Just keep tweeting and changing your tweets. Also Linus doesn't know stuff the community here doesn't

Desktop:  MSi GTX 680 Lightning - MSi Mpower Z77- i7 3770k - Asus Xonar DGX  - 16Gb Ares Ram - GX 750w PSU

Laptop: MSi GE 60 - GTX 765m - i74700MQ - 8gb ram

I have had the exact same feeling during the livestreams. I had tweets that never showed up even when Linus went through all of them (which is rare, they get off topic a lot). I don't care though because I followed him on Twitter before a livestream and right when it started he had twitter up and I saw "ThunderShark is following you" and I was just thinking, success. Try that

could we do like a reddit thing where questions get up voted?

maybe a poll on questions,

i think due to the time constants tweeter is overflowed in the live show - this is why i dont bother with tweeter.

most of the time its the same question "should i get graphics card X or graphics card X"

Its all about those volumetric clouds

My only tweet ever was answered within like 5 minutes on the show.

I was so happy last livestream i was on it :)

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

questions like "Should I get the 660ti or 7950?" here then it would free up a lot more space for the topical questions.

its abit of a joke like that

especially sometimes there's the "will a Titan work ok with my  3470"

Its all about those volumetric clouds