I've Felt Depressed For The Past 3 Months....

MeltyMoon

I'm not trying to cry for attention so please don't take this the wrong way, I was just wondering what you guys do to cheer yourself up when you are feeling down. Any suggestions? :(

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Skyrim

Chocolate

GoT

Any drama TV show that you can delve into

Idk man, kind of been in and out of feeling depressed myself. Although it always lightens my mood to just have fun with a video game with friends.

cold showers and any form of progress (i.e. learning something, relearning something, work I put off, cleaning, any form of maintenance etc.)

hang out with a few friends and play poker or drink beer.

I wouldn't advise any form of media (TV, movies, anime, books, games) as they seem to be depressants for me, the only exception being music. 

I haven't felt depressed in years, which is odd since there are very few things in my life that are absolute sources of joy. Makes me wonder where I'm making up for that, maybe I've accepted it. 

You graduating soon? Because I remember the last week and days or so of HS were an emotional rollercoaster of awesome and sinfully depressing feels. Still wish I could go back. 

Error: 410

I'm really sorry to hear your feeling depressed man but I usually just spend hours watching podcasts such as the WAN Show or PKA while browsing/replying to threads on LTT and similar tech forums :) You just have to think about all the good stuff you can do and not everything you can't, hell at only 17 years old you have more knowledge of technology than 95% of people will have throughout their entire lifetime!

Just stay happy :) The LTT Community is here for you :)

PS: Find a genre of music you really enjoy and listen the sh*t out of it ;)

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

I listen to music, especially electro music. Always seems to make me feel better :). It helped me get over a bad relationship with a friend who ended up being a complete asshole in the end

Life.exe is missing

Keep yourself occupied, that's what I've always done. I don't fare well when I'm left alone with my thoughts.

Feeling depressed really sucks, most of the time it goes away but sometimes... I don't know.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

I do unspeakable things that no one ever...well... speaks about that makes you feel good and without any physical consequences.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Have sex, unless thats what your depressed about. If that is then i eat lots of food and watch really good movies, tv shows and look at build logs.

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

cold showers and any form of progress (i.e. learning something, relearning something, work I put off, cleaning, any form of maintenance etc.)

hang out with a few friends and play poker or drink beer.

I wouldn't advise any form of media (TV, movies, anime, books, games) as they seem to be depressants for me, the only exception being music. 

I haven't felt depressed in years, which is odd since there are very few things in my life that are absolute sources of joy. Makes me wonder where I'm making up for that, maybe I've accepted it. 

You graduating soon? Because I remember the last week and days or so of HS were an emotional rollercoaster of great and sinfully depressing. Still wish I could go back. 

School feels like a grind to me at this point, so none of the work really makes me feel good to accomplish. Just kinda do it because I have to, you know? I'm only a junior so I still have another year before I graduate as well. Running track used to cheer me up when I felt down, but I feel almost burnt out on that too :(

I'm not trying to cry for attention so please don't take this the wrong way, I was just wondering what you guys do to cheer yourself up when you are feeling down. Any suggestions? :(

When I feel bored I wait it out. When I feel depressed there isn't really anything I can do. After therapy and taking meds (I stopped taking them) it seems to not be there as much. It's probably there more than it isn't, but it's a lot eaier to cope now.

Go out for a drive in the middle of the night. Like Clarkson did here.

Main PC:
CPU: 3700x Motherboard: X570  RAM: 2x16GB 3600Mhz GPU: RTX 3080 Case: Corsair 4000D Air Storage: 1TB NVMe 2x250GB SSD RAID 0 2TB HDD PSU: 1000W Gold Display: Acer X34A Peripherals: Corsair K95 RGB Red, Razer Viper Ultimate

Laptop:
Lenovo Thinkbook 13s  CPU: i5-8265U RAM: 8GB  Storage: 256GB SSD Display: Dell P2414H Peripherals: CMStorm Quickfire TK Brown, Razer Atheris 

Audio:
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm, FiiO E11, Stoner Acoustics UD100, Shure SE-215, Logitech Z906, Mission 731, Altec Lansing ADA-885, xDuoo UA-05, AKG K7XX,FiiO X3, FiiO K3

Watch this: 

INSTANT HAPPINESS

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Barney_Simpson_AWESOME.png

But seriously, we can't know what situation you're dealing with and I don't expect you to tell us but just remember being depressed is not worth it, you've got control of your mind. Keep yourself occupied, hang out with friends and have a good time.

School feels like a grind to me at this point, so none of the work really makes me feel good to accomplish. Just kinda do it because I have to, you know? I'm only a junior so I still have another year before I graduate as well. Running track used to cheer me up when I felt down, but I feel almost burnt out on that too :(

Perhaps the work you're doing isn't very satisfying or is overly tedious. 

I would just find something to do and look forward to on the weekends, since I used to live week by week in anticipation for Friday during HS.

You just wait until senior year, walking out is exciting for some, but for me was probably the single most depressing feel I remember in my life. 

Error: 410

INSTANT HAPPINESS

Not going to lie, totally cracked a smile. Haha thank you :)

Same boat but for several years now. Just do something new or something you love. I am a pilot so flying makes me feel better. I al so music and learning new things. If you haven't yet try to switch to linux for a while. I am currently using luna on my notebook and it has replaced windows for everything but work and gaming. Just some things that help me. @MeltyMoon

I'm feeling kind of similar in regards to school nowadays as well. It's been very hard to cope with and my grades have clearly suffered, the only thing that has kept me afloat is my intelligence, so I don't need to try all that much to get decent grades.

It depends on how severe your depression is. Depression is more or less different for everyone. We can still give you advice, but it depends on you if you'll be better in the long run with the advice given by kind people from the Interwebs. 

Have sex, unless thats what your depressed about. If that is then i eat lots of food and watch really good movies, tv shows and look at build logs.

What if the depression is because you cant? :C

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

the story of my life.

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium