I've Felt Depressed For The Past 3 Months....

MeltyMoon

If you're suffering from depression, exercising, not eating terribly and maintaining a good sleeping schedule go a long way.

I maintain all of those, however I think I've developed insomnia. I can't really fall asleep anymore :(

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

I maintain all of those, however I think I've developed insomnia. I can't really fall asleep anymore :(

Personally I don't find sleep a very big problem. I stay up until around 1AM and then wake up at around 7AM and I am good for the day :) If you really can't fall asleep try listening to Twitch streams, podcasts or music in bed, in the dark, it really helps me fall asleep.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Play video games with your friends. That's what I do. :)

Personally I don't find sleep a very big problem. I stay up until around 1AM and then wake up at around 7AM and I am good for the day :) If you really can't fall asleep try listening to Twitch streams, podcasts or music in bed, in the dark, it really helps me fall asleep.

I sleep for about 3 at best, no where near 6 :(

I sleep for about 3 at best, no where near 6 :(

Is it that your just not tired enough to fall asleep or are you tired but just can't sleep?

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

I was just wondering what you guys do to cheer yourself up when you are feeling down.

I watch Baka and Test.

COMIC SANS

I beat the living shit out of a punching bag. Unfortunately, I don't own one and don't really have access to one. That's more like dealing with anger and stress added on top whatever issues I'm dealing with.

This isn't a great idea, but I listen to melancholy music, which defines Modest Mouse. Stuff that say's life's crap, but it can get better or that you have to stop being so self-loathing or whatever. The other side is listening to uplifting music like Pharrell Williams's Happy, Nujabes, or Imagine Dragons's On Top of the World. Or sweet songs like Coeur de Pirate's Off to Sleep that's in Child of Light.

Since I'm a car guy, I do like driving - I'm thinking of taking random drives through the country side. Hearing and feeling the wind rush past you and the car's engine humming, there's something comforting and relaxing about it. Drawing and playing with clay is nice since even if you make a tiny little drawing or screw around making a cup, it's still something you made. Cooking, I would love to get into cooking because of that. Making something that you and others can eat. There's probably a feeling from that nothing can compare. 

With video games, I'd look for sweet, whimsical, and happy games like Mario, Yoshi, Ratchet & Clank, Deponia? - I never played it, but it looks fun, and others. Sometimes, I'd go for something where you can just beat people up like [PROTOTYPE], Batman, etc. Strangely enough, in games like Assassin's Creed and [PROTOTYPE], I find just running around therapeutic. Maybe it's the same feeling as driving or just watching the parkour moves. I guess the same can be said about films and books; find happy ones or ones that are endearing. Good Will Hunting will make you cry, but it's endearing. Midnight in Paris is a fun film. Hmm, I need to watch Little Miss Sunshine, I keep forgetting that.

Edit: Also, comedians help lighten the mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DkfbgA8224

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Is it that your just not tired enough to fall asleep or are you tired but just can't sleep?

Tired and can't, so melatonin does nothing for me :(

I'm not trying to cry for attention so please don't take this the wrong way, I was just wondering what you guys do to cheer yourself up when you are feeling down. Any suggestions?  :(

it's because your american. nothing you can do. i am spanish. =-)

Tired and can't, so melatonin does nothing for me :(

Tonight try listening to calming music through earbuds while your lying in bed, hopefully it will help you fall asleep easier :)

My Current Build: 

it's because your american. nothing you can do. i am spanish. =-)

B-but Captain... We need your strength... Capt... Captain America...

1663390-550w_comics_generial_do_you_fear

Welp, time to call Captain Canada... Here he comes to save the day! Here he comes to do what America can't! Here he - Oh... WAIT! Why are you going to Spain?! C-Captain Canada! WE NEED YOU!!! CAPTAIN! CAPTAIN!!! CAAAAAPPPTTAAAIINNNN!!!

bustedtees.57330973-ef38-421a-bc03-9713e

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I just wanted to thank all of you for spending the time to talk to me for the past hour. You guys really helped me feel better for a little while. I will definitely try some of your suggestions! Honestly only expected a couple of responses because it's a tech forum but you all really showed how beautiful this community is. Thank you again :)

Little question What style of music are you mainly into?

Screamo, been trying to stop because that's definitely not going to cheer me up

Gotta find something engaging you can do, be it a pastime or hobby or whatever. Something that engages and tickles your brain.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

1st stop Nightcore trust me on this.

Yup definitely lots of happy music there. 

Here try some of this guys music OP. He dubbed it "Kawaiicore" haha. Really sent me good vibes when I listen to this stuff. 

I hope you feel better OP :D 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I'm not trying to cry for attention so please don't take this the wrong way, I was just wondering what you guys do to cheer yourself up when you are feeling down. Any suggestions? :(

you probably have season affective disorder. not uncommon, especially for people in the north. I have it and I take meds to perk up. more sunlight helps. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Listen to Grace Under Pressure

Play Saints Row 4, that will cheer you up :D

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Screamo, been trying to stop because that's definitely not going to cheer me up

I've been listening to the tron album to fall asleep, and that has been a wonderful help.

Humans need social interaction, are you lacking that? If so, that is your answer. ;)