What we expected didn’t show up, we got this instead.

JordB

It might not have been what we were waiting for, but this tiny custom gaming PC from bilibili creator XiKii is a work of art!

For more info on the case and motherboard:

Xikii’s BiliBili video about the case (Chinese): 【极限装机】For Fun 02 PRO 独显版组装指南_哔哩哔哩_bilibili

‌APE’s video about the motherboard (Chinese): 为人民做的主板!DIY-APE H610 KING_哔哩哔哩_bilibili

MaxSun DIY-APE H610 KING ‘YTX’ Motherboard favicon.ico铭瑄

I would love to get such a case, though with 1 mod: Fan-grills over the fans.

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

I've been eyeing this case/PC combo for ages now. Hopefully this trendy new design will kick off and a new style develops. Kinda stale at the moment I think, either borderline same ATX case designs or Mjyornir style mITX cases.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

Lexar was actually bought from Micron by a Chinese company called Longsys in 2017, and re-entered the DRAM market in 2020.

I'm so confused. Is it just me or does the audio and video go out of sync @ 5:36. Nobody is talking about it on here or in the comments, I think I'm going crazy?

2 minutes ago, Primey_ said:

I'm so confused. Is it just me or does the audio and video go out of sync @ 5:36. Nobody is talking about it on here or in the comments, I think I'm going crazy?

It's the same for me, closed youtube, tried other videos even manually changing quality and play back? I thought it was me as nobody else has mentioned it?

5 minutes ago, Primey_ said:

Yep, I noticed it too. I thought it was just a glitch with my audio because I don't have much confidence in Windows 10 at the moment. Guess it's not

Highly knowledgeable in all the obscure 2000s hardware & software you'll never need to ask about

4 minutes ago, Primey_ said:

Just now, burkeforlife said:

It's the same for me, closed youtube, tried other videos even manually changing quality and play back? I thought it was me as nobody else has mentioned it?

yeah, audio is super out of sync. If I didn't know better, seeing all the comments completely ignore the audio sync like that looks like bots. I think in reality it is more likely people saw the flashy computer on screen and went straight to commenting instead of watching the video.

Definitely a thing, I thought I was going crazy.

Yea sure "didnt expect this"

More like one of our staff members that monitors the community posts saw this a month back  and thought it was a good idea for a video .

I mean I didn't expect (or care about ) a shout out but like mention something in the line  "we noticed this cool thing posted on our forums" instead of pretending you got an accidental pc delivery from Ali instead of the motherboard you ordered lol anyway could be a coincidence but I deem it highly unlikely just saying

9 minutes ago, Primey_ said:

Thank god, thought I was the only one. 

I was able to get the audio synced by updating my chrome. I had a pending update and after restarting the browser it is in sync now. Very odd.

I think it was an issue with youtube because now it's working just fine at least for me. That is extremely odd.

@JordB
Just like to point out that the power connection on that computer is wrong.
the connection is a neutrik powercon, but it’s white which is the male connector and should be used for power out of a product not in. You have a male to male cable. 
the computer should have a blue connection on it which would be the input.

very dangerous shouldn’t be used, if you have other products like your lights with power con and plug that in you’ll have live power on the pins of the Chinese plug.

@JordB 

Hi From NZ! Didn't know know we were part of China?

Just want to  point out that the power-point side of the plug is not China standard, it's what we use in Australia, NZ and a few of the islands in the pacific. It's the AS/NZS 3112 standard for power plugs. 

Cheers!

image.png.6406a1347d6b0fa4cf635c5e013183ab.png

35 minutes ago, lilre said:

Hi From NZ! Didn't know know we were part of China?

Just want to  point out that the power-point side of the plug is not China standard, it's what we use in Australia, NZ and a few of the islands in the pacific. It's the AS/NZS 3112 standard for power plugs. 

That is actually the Chinese plug. Aus/NZ plugs are orientated the other way around with the ground pin at the bottom and also has insulation on the prongs. They're both technically "Type I" socket type but what is shown with the earth pin at the top and no insulation on the prongs is definitely a Chinese plug, it would not comply with AS/NZS 3112 standards.

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Linus being surprised that it's a 3060Ti is so so sad - it could be a 4070

We've reached the next stage of SFF PC: no side panel, just have the boards color match the case.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2023 at 2:43 AM, Ahoy Hoy said:

@JordB
Just like to point out that the power connection on that computer is wrong.
the connection is a neutrik powercon, but it’s white which is the male connector and should be used for power out of a product not in. You have a male to male cable. 
the computer should have a blue connection on it which would be the input.

very dangerous shouldn’t be used, if you have other products like your lights with power con and plug that in you’ll have live power on the pins of the Chinese plug.

@LinusTech
I would love to know if you have binned this cable yet before someone kills themselves