AMD Rant

9 hours ago, Sean-98 said:

I think its because you have an older card, ive never had any issues with my other Nvidia cards and some newer titles have issues too, there are more than what i have typed. and like i said when the odd time i would find an issue with my Nvidia cards i would 99% of the time find a fix but i have MANY here that just wont run or cant be fixed. And as you see with what i posted, NFS doesn't understand what driver i have meaning that AMD hasn't added compatibility for older games as i have a few more games from around that time that do the same thing. Alan wake remaster came out in 2020 and just causes complete failure of my system. yet another game i have just discovered is Star wars jedi fallen order which just shows the splash screen and thats it... 

i mean i built a pc fr some one a few months ago with a used 5600xt.. no issues so far

14 hours ago, dizmo said:

AMD fanboys, it's not really worth it for them to alienate some of their audience.

are you saying that the 4060ti is a good value...... or even a good card.

I wondered how someone would choose a 7900xtx over a 4080. They are both at about the same price point.

Nvidia
+ superior and exclusive features 

+ lower power consumption

- DX12 driver overhead

- 12vhpwr connector

AMD
+ Displayport+HDMI 2.1
- temperatures

- drivers

Overall
-/+ same avg performance.

Must be hating Nvidia to prefer the 7900xtx, or have a very special usecase like playing on Linux or only DX12 titels.

EDIT:

Another one who happily made the swap.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

33 minutes ago, DarkSmith2 said:

I wondered how someone would choose a 7900xtx over a 4080. They are both at about the same price point.

Dunno, in my area the cheapest rtx 4080 seems to cost around 125% the price of a rx 7900xtx

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

As someone who regularly deals with both teams i have to say that both of them currently have issues, but AMD's issues are far lesser than Nvidia's. For everything lesser than a 4090 i chose to go Team Red, because it's just so much more easier to deal with. I outright refuse to build a system anymore with 4080s and 4070s because it's a nightmare when customers call and ask why their €900 ор €1300 GPU has trouble with a certain game and makes them sick/dizzy when playing games. And when i tell them to turn off frame generation, they are less than happy with results. And god forbid if they go online and see that the same performance can be had for half the price with the 6950XT or try to connect a 2nd or 3rd display. With AMD you know upfront what you have to deal with - a bit higher temps and sometimes maybe driver instability, although this second part has been seriously improved over the last 2 months where i haven't seen a single driver crash on a system i've built. With Nvidia it's all well covered under a thick layer of marketing BS. No one plays with Ray Tracing, no one likes frame generation, but sure enough they will try everything in their power to brainwash people into thinking this is the right way. 

And btw - OP is in Windows 11, but complains about the hardware. I just rotfl-ed.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

7 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

@Sean-98

I mean, ur trying to play games that are like more than a decade old on a brand new top tier $1000 current gen GPU, you do realize even Nvidia has issues with titles like these right? Maybe not specifically Fallout 3 but older games do have issues in general and it could be anything...

It could be so out of date that Windows doesn't even recognize the files or they aren't compatible, it could be the GPU driver is so much newer that it literally can no longer understand dinosaur Textures and Polygons, it could be related to DirectX or some other software error.

I own a 7900-XTX myself and the ONLY game I have issues with is Atomic Heart, a game that is KNOWN to be unfriendly with AMD GPUs.

@BuzzingBee Try Atomic Heart. Trust me, you won't be able to complete the game. From what I understand its partially an AMD driver issue but mostly the fact that the developer never even CONSIDERED AMD hardware and doesn't care whatsoever.

Ive previously owned RX 480 and RX 5700-XT and after all this time, Atomic Heart is the first game so broken on AMD that I simply cannot play. Its weird because the first half of the game was amazing and all of a sudden at this one part the game just will NOT get through it without crashing out, no matter what I do. And others are reporting similar issues in the same area...

But there are times Ive had issues with Nvidia too. The only card Ive had in recent times from Nvidia was a GTX 980 but there were issues on that card back in the day too.

Sure, Nvidia drivers are definitely a bit more stable but AMD has come far enough for their drivers to be "plenty good". There isn't some massive difference anymore, thats just user error.

Each company has its strengths and weaknesses as @bezza... pointed out earlier.

Intel is just too new to GPUs, and their cards have a massive amount of issues, but is that surprising on their first generation of consumer GPUs? Of course it isn't. Im super curious and wanna try one out at some point but it just CANNOT be a daily driver like my XTX is.

AMDs driver team is nowhere near as large as Nvidia and it never will be so long as people like you go around spouting that they are crap and Nvidia just keeps on dominating. You can't expect the UnderDog to always win, but they sure kick Nvidia's ass in price-to-performance ratio and thats why I choose them most of the time, especially with modern AMD Ray Accelerators on my XTX nearly matching the RTX 4080 in a lot of scenarios. AMD made huge strides with RX 7000 RT performance.

Nvidia - about 75% of all gaming GPUs worldwide currently in use, an unstoppable run-away train. And then you wonder why people bitch out Nvidia's outrageous prices and lack of VRAM. People like YOU are why this happens. Because you are too lazy to deal with the odd bug here and there you will now buy an Nvidia GPU and continue their global domination and unfair pricing for underwhelming performance.

Have you seen the RTX 4060-Ti reviews yet? Its a joke, every reviewer who actually took the time to weigh the options properly said so, and proved it. Its literally a $400 joke, a $400 "waste of sand" as GN called it. Their unrelenting domination of the market is what allows them to sell us trash for $400. So if you want Nvidia to stop with their BS, then vote with your wallet and buy the XTX instead. Why do you think Linus switched to the XTX? Nvidia isn't perfect, so stop thinking that they are.

Oh I almost forgot, why exactly did you even buy a $1000 Top-Tier XTX to play games that can be run on a potato? I mean it doesn't change the subject or issues at all, but really dude? An RTX 3050 or 3060 could play all these games at maxed out settings, just not in 4K. You went like, literally 1000% complete overkill. You didn't just kill your assassination target, you nuked the entire damn town he was in 🤣

SIde note: I wish 3DFX would come back... Now THAT would be interesting. They do incredibly unique designs after all...

ALL of the games i own used to work on all of my past GPUs and like i have posted in some of the comments I have a fair few games that wont even launch... star wars jedi fallen order will just show the splash screen, Alan wake remaster cause massive issues when I get to game play, far cry 1 and 2 crash after less than a minute.. i have more and yes it is a cutting edge GPU but my point is that when paying that much I expect most*** games to run but at this point i am better off going back to my 1080Ti and i see all these people saying Nvida has just as many issues when that simply isn't true... AMDs shoddy driver support is a very known issue hell in LTTs review of the 4060Ti Linus even mentions the poor driver support.. Obviously yes Nvidia isn't perfect and do have issues but nothing like what i have had with my AMD card.

I bought an "overkill GPU" for A future proofing - I plan on keeping it for a fair few years like I did my 1080Ti and B I also play brand new games such as dead island 2, the dead space remaster and far cry 6 and C since when does it mean that paying a lot for a GPU mean you have to only run brand new games?? I NEVER claimed Nvida to be perfect and obviously i thought they were why would I have an XTX??? I did what Linus said and voted with my wallet and so far its been nothing but issues. But so far it seems to be only me having lot of issues when I do everything I can to make sure my PC is up to date on drivers etc so i just give up at this point..

GPU - Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX GAMING OC // CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3950x // RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600 Mhz 64GB DDR4 // MB - ROG STRIX X570E GAMING // PSU - Be Quite Dark Power Pro 12 1200w // Case - Phanteks P400A RGB (Mesh) // Cooling - Corsair H100i Platinum // Display - LG QNED 86 (MINI LED - 120Hz - 4K) // Mouse - Corsair Dark Core Pro SE // Keyboard - Corsair K57

1 hour ago, DarkSmith2 said:

Nvidia

- DX12 driver overhead

- 12vhpwr connector

AMD
+ Displayport+HDMI 2.1
- temperatures

- drivers

Overall

Must be hating Nvidia to prefer the 7900xtx, or have a very special usecase like playing on Linux or only DX12 titels.

EDIT:

I don't hate Nvidia, my previous GPU was a 1080Ti and it was amazing! never failed me.. I choose the XTX because A the extra VRAM which help with VR and future proofing for 4K gaming and B in a review video Linus said if you want to see change then vote with your wallet... and so i did. I even said on a previous comment that at this point Nvidia could simply say you pay more for Nvidia because the drivers are far better at for me at least this would be true..

GPU - Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX GAMING OC // CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3950x // RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600 Mhz 64GB DDR4 // MB - ROG STRIX X570E GAMING // PSU - Be Quite Dark Power Pro 12 1200w // Case - Phanteks P400A RGB (Mesh) // Cooling - Corsair H100i Platinum // Display - LG QNED 86 (MINI LED - 120Hz - 4K) // Mouse - Corsair Dark Core Pro SE // Keyboard - Corsair K57

33 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

Dunno, in my area the cheapest rtx 4080 seems to cost around 125% the price of a rx 7900xtx

well, if id go and buy a 7900xtx id only buy a Sapphire Nitro+, it seems to be the custom card with the least issues.
While with 4080 you can buy really just any.. VRMs overkill in every single card.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

1 minute ago, Sean-98 said:

I don't hate Nvidia, my previous GPU was a 1080Ti and it was amazing! never failed me.. I choose the XTX because A the extra VRAM which help with VR and future proofing for 4K gaming and B in a review video Linus said if you want to see change then vote with your wallet... and so i did. I even said on a previous comment that at this point Nvidia could simply say you pay more for Nvidia because the drivers are far better at for me at least this would be true..

VR is known to be particularly worse on AMD tho. Overall i think there is no "future proofing" aswell. Any card you buy now is slow in 4years compared to whats available then...

Just now, DarkSmith2 said:

VR is known to be particularly worse on AMD tho. Overall i think there is no "future proofing" aswell. Any card you buy now is slow in 4years compared to whats available then...

My 1080Ti still works fine and runs anything at 1080 max.. and used to run 4k max on most games @ 60fps anyway but now I'm on a 120Hz display with free sync premium i needed to upgrade to get any use out of this.. you 100% can future proof you just need to understand that overtime settings in newer games will need to be dropped until you get to the point of an upgrade a few years down the line.. as for VR i was betting on the "aging like fine wine" AMD claim about their drivers but after 5/6 months so far nothing... 

Well that is AMD for you. 

Before jumping back to Nvidia with 3070  i was using RX 5700 XT , and while it was a banger of a card for the price , driver issues plagued me for the most of my time with it. In the end it actually got better driver wise , but i had so many random crashes while using it , i cant even remember 🙂

GPU : RTX 3070 Gaming X TRIO | CPU : Ryzen 5 7600 \ COOLER : Deepcool AK620 | MOBO : ASUS TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 16GBx2 6200 MHz \ Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB \ PSU : Corsair TX750M | CASE : Be Quite! Pure Base 500DX Black

12 minutes ago, Sean-98 said:

My 1080Ti still works fine and runs anything at 1080 max.. and used to run 4k max on most games @ 60fps anyway but now I'm on a 120Hz display with free sync premium i needed to upgrade to get any use out of this.. you 100% can future proof you just need to understand that overtime settings in newer games will need to be dropped until you get to the point of an upgrade a few years down the line.. as for VR i was betting on the "aging like fine wine" AMD claim about their drivers but after 5/6 months so far nothing... 

Yea sure depends what kind of gamer you are. Im still on my 2080ti and i hate it, i hated it from the beginning, for me its to slow even for 1080p low settings.
Having to always cap FPS or use Gsync for sudden framedrops or living with the Lag of 95%+ utilization is less fun for me while playing games. Unfortunately not every game supports Reflex.

Its not that i need high FPS in every game, but i need the fidelity to be somewhat constant atleast, preferably with low lag.

Games like Call of Duty i can only enjoy playing at 720p, i see nothing but its still better than requiring tripple the amount of time to ADS...

13 minutes ago, DarkSmith2 said:

well, if id go and buy a 7900xtx id only buy a Sapphire Nitro+, it seems to be the custom card with the least issues.
While with 4080 you can buy really just any.. VRMs overkill in every single card.

Alright, local price for a Sapphire nitro is still only 93% of the cheapest rtx 4080. The other one i saw was a Hellhound and that usually does pretty well as well.

The Nitro 7900xtx to Eagle 4080 price difference is 8875 dkk vs 9490 dkk = 615 dkk = 88,83 usd

All prices include tax.

Now, you may argue that at this pricepoint 90$ isnt much, but that is only because you declared the Nitro to be the only option. If we look at the Hellhound the difference is 1500 dkk = 216,67 usd

So still, to me local pricing favours the 7900xtx big time.

That said, they are all above what i will pay for a GPU, so its a purely academical discussion for me 🙂

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

Just now, DeerDK said:

Alright, local price for a Sapphire nitro is still only 93% of the cheapest rtx 4080. The other one i saw was a Hellhound and that usually does pretty well as well.

The Nitro 7900xtx to Eagle 4080 price difference is 8875 dkk vs 9490 dkk = 615 dkk = 88,83 usd

All prices include tax.

Now, you may argue that at this pricepoint 90$ isnt much, but that is only because you declared the Nitro to be the only option. If we look at the Hellhound the difference is 1500 dkk = 216,67 usd

So still, to me local pricing favours the 7900xtx big time.

That said, they are all above what i will pay for a GPU, so its a purely academical discussion for me 🙂

its a fair point, but when we arguing about price to performance excluding features, quality, powerconsumption etc. Then you'd be nuts to buy anything above a 6950xt anyways. Wouldnt you?

Just now, DarkSmith2 said:

its a fair point, but when we arguing about price to performance excluding features, quality, powerconsumption etc. Then you'd be nuts to buy anything above a 6950xt anyways. Wouldnt you?

Dunno, I feel like the last 3 years have numbed me since i consider a 4070. Im usually more of a 3060/6650xt maybe rx 6700 kinda gamer.

That said, it was you who declared their performance to be all in all equal:

1 hour ago, DarkSmith2 said:

Nvidia

- DX12 driver overhead

- 12vhpwr connector

AMD
+ Displayport+HDMI 2.1
- temperatures

- drivers

Overall

EDIT:

So with that in mind i'd say that 200 usd price difference is an important factor 🙂

13 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

Dunno, I feel like the last 3 years have numbed me since i consider a 4070. Im usually more of a 3060/6650xt maybe rx 6700 kinda gamer.

That said, it was you who declared their performance to be all in all equal:

yea they are on avg quite equal in performance, not quite equal on price but close enough.

2 minutes ago, DarkSmith2 said:

yea they are on avg quite equal in performance, not quite equal on price but close enough.

Hmm, that depends on the buyer. In principle I could go all out in buying a gaming monster with a 4090 - I have the savings - but even then I would still take 1500 dkk price difference on two somewhat equal parts into consideration, but now we have entered the subjective realm; what is worth what to whom.

I am personally willing to spend extra on components like noctua and gpus with very quiet coolers in order to have a near silent build, but I won't claim its the best use of other peoples money.

So lets leave it here, I appreciate the debate though 🙂

15 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

Hmm, that depends on the buyer. In principle I could go all out in buying a gaming monster with a 4090 - I have the savings - but even then I would still take 1500 dkk price difference on two somewhat equal parts into consideration, but now we have entered the subjective realm; what is worth what to whom.

I am personally willing to spend extra on components like noctua and gpus with very quiet coolers in order to have a near silent build, but I won't claim its the best use of other peoples money.

So lets leave it here, I appreciate the debate though 🙂

I agree and disagree, i dont think it is as subjective having to pay for features. But i see how some features have no value for some people.
Thank you too.

17 hours ago, Sean-98 said:

So i just would like to rant and see if I'm the only person having these issues..

I'm starting to regret buying an AMD GPU, I have had nothing but issues since buying my 7900 XTX. It seems to have issues with most older games and given AMD Graphics used to be ATI (meaning they have older cards to use for compatibility unlike Intel) I don't understand why and the fact that Nvidia cards don't have this issue. Just to get Fallout 3 to even run I had to download a mod that tricks the game into thinking the GPU is actually a Nvidia card, I cant run Far Cry 2 or 3 (haven't tested 4 yet) I sometimes get into the game but after a minute or so it will crash or sometimes the graphics driver will crash. Some older need for speeds wont even start as they aren't able to figure out what GPU/driver i am using. A few months ago i bought Alan wake remastered a fairly recent game (2020) and once past the intro video every time my GPUs driver will crash and unless i immediately restart my system it will somehow cause image burn on my MINI LED TV?! (when this crash happens and driver tries to recover it will create a blue tint over my screen) thankfully this fades over around 30 minutes. I also had this issue a few times playing Control Ultimate Edition.

I think my card itself is over volted. Its an OC card from the factory but when playing a high demand current gen game such as the dead space remake or dead island 2 it will case the card to overheat and my PC will just turn off. ONLY with undervolt my GPU via GCC will the card run without issue. My PSU is a Be Quite Dark Power 12 Pro so I have the power to run my card and my case has a front grill of mesh with X3 Corsair LL120s and i use fan control to like my case fans to my GPUs temp so they will ramp up while playing GPU heavy games. My CPU is a Ryzen 9 3950x so is able to keep up with games.

I just want to play my games and i have paid over £1,100 so for the price i expect it to at least be able to run older games without issue. Nvidia cards can but AMD cards cant and I'm starting to think about selling my card for a 4090 and never going back to AMD. It seems to me that AMD don't give their software team enough budget or staff.. I have games i have paid for but never been able to play because the GPU i paid a lot of money for just wont work with those games.. there are more game issues than what i have written about here... Gamers will flip if a game comes out half baked so why should a GPU be any different, I got this card doing what Linus asked (if you want change then put your money where your mouth is and vote with your wallet) i did and am paying the price. At this point Nvida could simply say "our GPUs cost more because they work" and at this point they'd be right. 

I think Linus should do a video on this because after looking to fix many of my issues I have found many forum posts saying people have sold their AMD cards for Nvidia because games they are trying to play just wont run on AMD and yes I understand that it isn't always AMD and is sometimes up to the dev however like I said Nvida cards work on almost every game so if they can do it why cant AMD??? My previous card was a GTX 1080Ti and it could ran ANY game I throw at it, some older games did requires some tinkering but I'm okay with that so long as they run but I cant even get some games running on my AMD card after HOURS of changing configs or downloading new files etc.image.thumb.png.5328d380295f28bfe59945f6cabf3822.png

What driver version you are using. Have you tried with different BIOS settings on the GPU? Have you tried, for instance, cycle between the different BIOS settings in the AIB own software? DDU drivers? Installing the pure drivers themselves without the UI elements?

I got some weird issues when I had the card switch to Silent bios on the card itself before first install. Games would have poor performance, regardless of in game settings. Downloaded Sapphire application, cycled between BIOS (regular to Silent), restarted. Seemed to fix what ever conflict was happening.

After that little fix, zero issues with games so far. CSGO, FO3, FO4, Witcher 3, Original Unreal Tournament, NFS Shift, Asseto Corssa. Transport Tycoon. DayZ. original Stalker games. Long Drive, My Summer Car. All run just fine. Even original MW2 runs just fine for christ sake.

Not fangirling over AMD, just there are other steps you can take before bashing AMD. Sure, its more of a hassle sometimes compared to Nvidia.

13 hours ago, Sean-98 said:

i understand what you are trying to say but I keep everything up to date.. GPU, GCC, CPU, Chipset, windows.. the lot and yes I used DDU in safe mode when going from Nvidia to AMD

i have owned everything from new SSDs, and HDDs I use a ADATA XPG 1TB PCIE Gen 4 for OS sat in my top M.2 slot. 

I never had any of these issues with my Nvidia card and i did everything you should when swapping and I keep everything up to data with regular malware and virus scans. The fact that a fair few games do run fine tells me there is no issue with the card itself and seeing as poor driver support is a known issue with AMD and the fact that when looking into some of my issues, Alan wake remaster for example i found that there is an issue on AMD cards that have been a thing for a while and led me to forums where many others mostly on redit have had a lot of issues like mine and many have just gone to Nvida like the first comment on this topic.

if you tried everything than it purely comes down to games simply not having proper support for much newer hardware. ive had similar issues on older nvidia gpus. this is the first "high end" amd gpu i have owned and so far no real issues. so while i get that you want to rant i just dont see the actual valid points. 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

3 hours ago, DarkSmith2 said:

Um... NO LOL.

Im guessing you haven't actually looked at pricing lately...

I got one of the best AIB RX 7900-XTX cards available - the Power Color Red Devil - for $1000 even.

The very cheapest AIB RTX 4080 starts at like $1299.99. How is $300 or 30% not a difference?

The 7900-XTX actually BEATS the RTX 4080 at raster as well, and only loses to the 4080 in Ray Tracing by a small amount thanks to AMD's massive leap with their Ray Accelerators this time around. The Raster gap is not a big gap but its still a win at $300 less, and also has more VRAM but 16GB is enough so thats fine for Nvidia too (too bad everything below the 4080 does NOT have enough...)

So overall, in terms of Price-To-Performance ratio - arguably the MOST important metric of all - the RX 7900-XTX STOMPS the RTX 4080 by a MINIMUM of 25% up to 40% depending on what AIB or Founders Card is chosen for each side.

Nvidia is overpriced as hell and has been for a while because they have become complacent and blatantly assume that they are unstoppable and will ALWAYS sell more GPUs no matter how stupid their pricing gets.

So Ill say it again - If you want Nvidia to stop their BS and actually care about their customers again, vote with your wallet and buy AMD like both myself and Linus did. Thats right, THE Linus switched to the same exact Red Devil 7900-XTX I have and has been daily driving it for months now.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

22 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Um... NO LOL.

Im guessing you haven't actually looked at pricing lately...

I got one of the best AIB RX 7900-XTX cards available - the Power Color Red Devil - for $1000 even.

The very cheapest AIB RTX 4080 starts at like $1299.99. How is $300 or 30% not a difference?

In EU the price difference isnt so drastic, its 1009€ for 7900xtx and 1168€ for 4080. Both cheapest including VAT.
image.thumb.png.cff7cda74365054dcdcf38bf4b7b43bf.png

And in a balanced testing setup, both cards are within 1% of each other, testing as you can see here:
image.thumb.png.19dcdbcf3076d06e5eae4562e8b70f1c.png

Admittedly the 7900xtx is cheaper, but it also comes with less or inferior features. However as i tried to mentioned already, alot of cheap 7900xtx models suffer from bad hotspot temps due to bad coolers or suboptimal custom design, where problems are more likely to occur, while as with the 4080 issues might not occur same as likely.

So you pay less for a worse product, and thats also the only reason why its cheaper. Pretty simple. Everything else is just justifying purchases or fanboyism.

28 minutes ago, DarkSmith2 said:

In EU the price difference isnt so drastic, its 1009€ for 7900xtx and 1168€ for 4080. Both cheapest including VAT.

Well thats not too bad, thats pretty good pricing for a 4080 actually.

As for AMD reference cards and bad AIBs being hot, ya thats why I don't recommend them. I buy good AIB AMD cards and recommend that others do the same.

Doesn't change much anyway, you just compare tha AIB to Nvidia and not the reference model, not a big deal you just gotta remember not to use the reference model from team Red.

Agreed, with balanced testing they are nearly identical because of the fact that Ray Tracing is a win for the 4080 while raster is a win for the XTX.

Inferior features? The only inferior part is the ray tracing, but we already knew that.

AMD has AV1 Encoding, newer HDMI support, good drivers these days, and FSR that matches DLSS, they just haven't released 3.0 version yet like Nvidia has, do what does that matter? Just wait for 3.0.

Also, I don't count DLSS or FSR as a real feature on either side. Its fake frame generation and you can basically do the same thing with render resolution percentage in any modern game, which does the same job and boosts FPS significantly.

Im not sure why everyone boasts about DLSS and FSR so much. Ya your girlfriend faked her orgasm too but I guess that can be a good thing too can't it? Lol 😂

Just focus on actual, REAL performance and the picture becomes much more clear.

I wouldn't call the XTX an inferior product to the RTX 4080, they are equivalent, you said yourself they are within 1% overall. So anyone calling the XTX a worse card is just an Nvidia Fanboy.

To be honest I love my card anyways and probably won't need an upgrade for like 10 years considering its overkill for my use case. What can I say? Im happy with my purchase - no regrets, no issues, unbelievable performance. Its not like Im going to talk smack after being proven wrong and being shown an absolutely epic gaming experience. So thats where this argument ends for me.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

24 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Well thats not too bad, thats pretty good pricing for a 4080 actually.

As for AMD reference cards and bad AIBs being hot, ya thats why I don't recommend them. I buy good AIB AMD cards and recommend that others do the same.

Doesn't change much anyway, you just compare tha AIB to Nvidia and not the reference model, not a big deal you just gotta remember not to use the reference model from team Red.

Agreed, with balanced testing they are nearly identical because of the fact that Ray Tracing is a win for the 4080 while raster is a win for the XTX.

Inferior features? The only inferior part is the ray tracing, but we already knew that.

AMD has AV1 Encoding, newer HDMI support, good drivers these days, and FSR that matches DLSS, they just haven't released 3.0 version yet like Nvidia has, do what does that matter? Just wait for 3.0.

Also, I don't count DLSS or FSR as a real feature on either side. Its fake frame generation and you can basically do the same thing with render resolution percentage in any modern game, which does the same job and boosts FPS significantly.

Im not sure why everyone boasts about DLSS and FSR so much. Ya your girlfriend faked her orgasm too but I guess that can be a good thing too can't it? Lol 😂

Just focus on actual, REAL performance and the picture becomes much more clear.

I wouldn't call the XTX an inferior product to the RTX 4080, they are equivalent, you said yourself they are within 1% overall. So anyone calling the XTX a worse card is just an Nvidia Fanboy.

To be honest I love my card anyways and probably won't need an upgrade for like 10 years considering its overkill for my use case. What can I say? Im happy with my purchase - no regrets, no issues, unbelievable performance. Its not like Im going to talk smack after being proven wrong and being shown an absolutely epic gaming experience. So thats where this argument ends for me.

Well, FSR got better, still not on par with DLSS (atleast to the opinion of hardware unboxed which did a really close visual inspection, +means better, ++ more than just better, +++ absolutely no comparison in image quality)
Hardware-Unboxed-pcgh.jpg

AMD AMF still behind NVENC.
image.thumb.png.f40f68f2d0011698100bea55ccd9bfff.png

Freesync/Gsync compatible still no variable overdrive. (hence no modul)

Not even talking about raytracing at this moment, this is just embarassing.
Amd also real bad in VR.
Nvidia great for content creation.
BTW Reflex is actually good aswell.

Yeah, i mean while they share a couple of features, AMD is worse in most of it. In some more in some less.. However its not only Raytracing where AMD gets beaten by Nvidia in games. There are actually only 2games tested in the conclusion of HuB using Ray tracing. (its pointed out weither RT was used or not behind the game titles)

But btw, i wouldnt pay 30% more for a 4080 either, would probably skip directly to 4090.

22 hours ago, Sean-98 said:

yep, GTX 1080 Ti

Did you use DDU before switching? Because it kinda sounds like driver issues that come from not removing nvidias drivers properly.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon