Did I potentially damage my GPU

OopsieWoopsie

Hi,

Building my first PC and in my excitement to see what my new 4080 looked like I opened the box.

I'm almost certain i didnt touch the graphics card in its box but I was moving the box on the carpet.

Can I have potentially damaged the GPU before even starting to install it  or am I panicking over nothing?

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, OopsieWoopsie said:

Hi,

Building my first PC and in my excitement to see what my new 4080 looked like I opened the box.

I'm almost certain i didnt touch the graphics card in its box but I was moving the box on the carpet.

Can I have potentially damaged the GPU before even starting to install it  or am I panicking over nothing?

Thanks.

Until you install it and see you really are panicking over nothing...technically.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

If the HW was so fragile there would be hardly so many people building their PCs by themselves. It's fine, obviously it's recommended to avoid static discharges but in my experience it has never done any harm to any piece of HW I worked with.

27 minutes ago, OopsieWoopsie said:

Hi,

Thanks.

99.99% sure its completely fine, takes A LOT to break hardware actually 🙂  Nothing to worry about, you are panicking over nothing.  Totally understand if its your first build and with such an expensive piece of hardware, but you got nothing to worry about.

Even Linus tried to break his pc on purpose with electrostatic discharges and Electroboom

Just as much chance as you breaking it as it showing up doa. 

Im sure moving it in the box is fine or else it wouldn’t last being shipped all around the region. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz