Off Topic Chit Chat

So hard to find a top 5 list of the best graphics card no matter the price.

I get the value side - put a ratio in or something...and tell me that i am paying a hundred grand for 0.02% extra performance, but don't act like it doesn't even exist

6 hours ago, 3rick said:

So hard to find a top 5 list of the best graphics card no matter the price.

I get the value side - put a ratio in or something...and tell me that i am paying a hundred grand for 0.02% extra performance, but don't act like it doesn't even exist

I'm pretty sure it's Titan Xpp and 1080 ti at the moment, not really any debate about it.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 6/13/2017 at 2:48 PM, Majestic said:

TIL undervolting GPU Boost 3.0 cards is fucking amazing.

undervolting.thumb.png.6152f06c8515e70c23627824289d7bfa.png

Just cut 20% of the cards power usage. Enjoy the silence!

Which card is it?

18 hours ago, chrisholland03 said:

Oh Lampy - why can't you let your posts remain

:(

Unfortunately I removed them because I felt like they might come off as too offensive. They posted for about 20 seconds. 

9 minutes ago, Majestic said:

apparently JayzTwoCents is a little bitch that shadowbans people 

I don't even understand why people watch him ... 

I find him completely unbearable as a person; so far up his own arse (arrogant, if you don't use that phrase lol)

16 minutes ago, Majestic said:

apparently JayzTwoCents is a little bitch that shadowbans people 

Why doesn't the URL show the video that's supposedly being watched?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

11 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Why doesn't the URL show the video that's supposedly being watched?

Meh that's the browser's fault. Check the name in the tab, they're the same video. Why would I fabricate this, lol.

Just now, Majestic said:

Meh that's the browser's fault. Check the name in the tab, they're the same video. Why would I fabricate this, lol.

idk lol I didn't say you fabricated it :P 

That's a strange bug though

Quite litterally sharing this because I like the background music:

Also, I need to start searching for people who want computers built so I can afford things.

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

idk lol I didn't say you fabricated it :P 

That's a strange bug though

It's by design I think, it just simplyfies the url. I also sent him a tweet btw, as a response to a tweet he just sent out (promoting the video). As of now the tweet still has had 0 interactions or views, meaning it was blacklisted the moment it was sent out.

Amazing, all his trash talking and he hides behind a safetyblanket. You can always see him pick out the worst comments to respond to aswell. I'm not even subbed to him, when I stumble onto his or Linus' video's for some reason, I sometimes leave a correcting comment. This video of him was also pretty poor, apparently he couldn't take that criticism.

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

It's by design I think, it just simplyfies the url. I also sent him a tweet btw, as a response to a tweet he just sent out (promoting the video). As of now the tweet still has had 0 interactions or views, meaning it was blacklisted the moment it was sent out.

Amazing, all his trash talking and he hides behind a safetyblanket. You can always see him pick out the worst comments to respond to aswell. I'm not even subbed to him, when I stumble onto his or Linus' video's for some reason, I sometimes leave a correcting comment. This video of him was also pretty poor, apparently he couldn't take that criticism.

I watched the video and while it may have been a good list (imo) of ways to improve your cooling, it was made stupid by the premise and title.  If it's 38 C outside, get AC lol.  PC cooling should not be your #1 concern...

Just now, Majestic said:

@Ryan_Vickers Well, selecting efficient hardware and undervolting would yield better results than blowing dust into your case.

But yeah, if the ambient is 38C, who the hell can sit behind a PC anyway.

yeah those would have been good tips to include as well now that you mention it.  Especially the undervolting since that doesn't require replacing your whole rig xD 

7 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I watched the video and while it may have been a good list (imo) of ways to improve your cooling, it was made stupid by the premise and title.  If it's 38 C outside, get AC lol.  PC cooling should not be your #1 concern...

The problem is that not everyone has central air or a building that can be cooled by window AC's.

Nonetheless however I agree, in most scenarios, PC cooling shouldn't be your number 1 concern.

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

yeah those would have been good tips to include as well now that you mention it.  Especially the undervolting since that doesn't require replacing your whole rig xD 

Well the most amazing thing is more the fact he actually shadowbans people. JayzTwoCents officially the Steve Shives of the tech community.

1 minute ago, UnbrokenMotion said:

The problem is that not everyone has central air or a building that can be cooled by window AC's.

Nonetheless however, in most scenarios, PC cooling shouldn't be your number 1 concern.

Especially in nothern or western europe it's not at all commonplace. Here in NL I know noone in my circle who has A/C. And summerdays can be 32C+ here.

21 hours ago, UnbrokenMotion said:

Nonetheless however I agree, in most scenarios, PC cooling shouldn't be your number 1 concern.

Yeah not all people have it, but there's a lot of people who don't have it that should