Linus is kind of a hypocrite in his last WAN show. Really MINT MOBILE?

jerkwagon

Has a question , talks about how mint is bad for being sold to a bigger telecom..  podcast download is brought to you by..... or should i say buy?  MINT MOBILE!

i mean linus tries, but this time someone f'd up.. 

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 11.43.57 AM.png

Ryzen 5 -5600x

ASUS x570

EVGA 3080 XC3

4x8gb 3600 mhz XPG

The dude's out to make money, what do you expect?

I like LTT and its various channels, but I've lost interest in the big man long ago, as well as respect that I had for him. Honestly now of days I find myself disliking videos he's in cause far more often than not I just get annoyed by things he says or does.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

Playing devils advocate here, if I recall correctly, the way LTT deals with sponsors is they "try them in house for a little while" and if they mostly do what they say, then they'll be accepted. I agree that this particular case seems very backwards so hopefully someone from LTT can shine some light on it. It's quite possible, that they signed the contracts w/ Mint Mobile before the controversies happened and are now still legally obligated to hold their end of the deal, though that's just speculation.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

I kinda get where you're coming from, but I don't really see the issue in this case. He didn't talk smack about the product itself, then try and shill it.

Wishing it didn't get sold is a bit of a different issue, IMO. It started from him just noticing that there didn't seem to be much blowback on Reynolds from the public (just an objective observation) then it was almost a pivot into the concept of consolidation as a whole.

If more time passed since the sale, and he was talking about Mint going to shit since the acquisition, then did a sponsor spot, then I'd be with you.

Regardless of everything I just said, there still is certainly a bit of ironic humor to it, I do have to admit.

1 hour ago, jerkwagon said:

, talks about how mint is bad for being sold to a bigger telecom

you ENTIRELY missed the point....

the point isnt "mint bad", the point is "consollidation bad".

It's normal.

Heck I don't think Linus realized Mac Address is been sponsored by a supplement company claiming "only 1% of American meets daily nutrient intake..." This is just as bad as Eufy claiming they don't upload anything to their servers...

5 hours ago, Holmes108 said:

I kinda get where you're coming from, but I don't really see the issue in this case. He didn't talk smack about the product itself, then try and shill it.

Wishing it didn't get sold is a bit of a different issue, IMO. It started from him just noticing that there didn't seem to be much blowback on Reynolds from the public (just an objective observation) then it was almost a pivot into the concept of consolidation as a whole.

If more time passed since the sale, and he was talking about Mint going to shit since the acquisition, then did a sponsor spot, then I'd be with you.

Regardless of everything I just said, there still is certainly a bit of ironic humor to it, I do have to admit.

Well i just think its funny, he wasnt coming from a good place about mint, maybe it was more towards ryan more than mint, but i just thought it was pretty wild that they were a 'sponsor" of the show, i usually stream youtuve to my phone so i dont have to wait 2 days for the podcast, but if the podcast is out, i like it better because i can skip the ads easier.. 

Ryzen 5 -5600x

ASUS x570

EVGA 3080 XC3

4x8gb 3600 mhz XPG

38 minutes ago, jerkwagon said:

Well i just think its funny, he wasnt coming from a good place about mint, maybe it was more towards ryan more than mint, but i just thought it was pretty wild that they were a 'sponsor" of the show, i usually stream youtuve to my phone so i dont have to wait 2 days for the podcast, but if the podcast is out, i like it better because i can skip the ads easier.. 

Yeah I wouldn't call him a hypocrite, but I could definitely see Mint not being crazy about it lol. 

You can be critical of something a sponsor does and still endorse them 

I don’t recall them saying the service is bad at all, just they were disappointed with the same. It doesn’t mean they still don’t think the product is good and are ok with taking the sponsorship 

also with sponsors it’s not like your only gonna have ones your 100 percent happy with. None are gonna be perfect 

I don't see this as hypocritical. I see it as having enough integrity to call out the negatives of a sponsor. Why do people always just see in black and white? You can endorse a company or brand, but that doesn't mean you automatically approve everything they do.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Yeah. I would be a lot more worried if they didn’t point out the bad stuff of a sponsor. Everything isn’t blacks do white. You can have shades of gray. I think a lot of people think like this way too much and don’t know how business works 

19 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

The dude's out to make money, what do you expect?

I like LTT and its various channels, but I've lost interest in the big man long ago, as well as respect that I had for him. Honestly now of days I find myself disliking videos he's in cause far more often than not I just get annoyed by things he says or does.

Do you know how running a business works? If he literaly didn’t take any sponsor that wasn’t squeaky clean or did everything perfect then they’d go out of business 

31 minutes ago, Sol_NB said:

Do you know how running a business works? If he literaly didn’t take any sponsor that wasn’t squeaky clean or did everything perfect then they’d go out of business 

Did you just not read the first line that I said, and felt the need to lecture me like I don't know?

1 hour ago, Inception9269 said:

Did you just not read the first line that I said, and felt the need to lecture me like I don't know?

I thought you were implying that the reason you am dislike his videos was because of the sponsorship thing. If I misunderstood then apologies 

1 hour ago, Sol_NB said:

I thought you were implying that the reason you am dislike his videos was because of the sponsorship thing. If I misunderstood then apologies 

I dislike his videos cause the man himself annoys me more often than not.

As far as sponsorships go, there was one time that it just really annoyed me to where I did cancel my Floatplane subscription, with me being a member of it from day one up to that point, it being during the 7th Scrapyard Wars, with Dbrand being the sponsor of that season. I guess Linus or whoever couldn't come up with any natural way to incorporate their product into the video, so he legit had some random girl playing a Dbranded Switch follow him around, and appear in every single shot with him, with it being the most random ass thing ever in my opinion. The 2nd part of that season was the most intrusive with that.

Another thing I find amusing is how the big man from time to time would get political on twitter, and has taken shots at capitalism before, with that annoying me the most especially since if it wasn't for that very same system he wouldn't even have a career.

monies are monies my friend. As long as the Mint Mobile Sponsor spot doesn't affect what Linus speaks about them and if Mint Mobile is willing to sponsor linus on a podcast where he talks negatively about Mint Mobile, whats the issue here?

1 hour ago, HomicidalPingu said:

The constant store peddling annoys me tbh. I get that YouTubers sell overpriced merch but LTT is boarding on false advertising with things like the bag. Most of the pricier products they sell have at least a 2x markup on market leaders 

The LTTStore plugins also annoyed me a lot in the beginning, but it has become something that's basically a meme by this point. I get that they get a ton of money from it and they're dependent on that.

Their merch is pretty damn over priced. Especially those screwdrivers of theirs. Like hell I'm gonna spend $90 on a single screwdriver.

1 minute ago, HomicidalPingu said:

false advertising with things like the bag.

explain how the bag is false advertising.

also - would you rather have meme-y tie-ins with their own merch, or nordVPN/raid shadowlegends/raybands/<insert any other sponsor that will sponsor literally anything> and that same boring ass sponsor read every single day?

3 minutes ago, HomicidalPingu said:

Most of the pricier products they sell have at least a 2x markup on market leaders 

look up how economy of scale works, and look up shipping costs from canada compared to shipping costs from china.

i agree their stuff is expensive, i havent bought any of it because shipping it here is prohibitively expensive, but it is expensive for a reason. the reason is their choice to pull as many things in-house or close-to-home as possible, and target the absolute best quality they can go for.

they could crank out $50 backpacks from china with free worldwide (drop)shipping with a product turnaround of weeks... it'll just be shyte quality. it simply comes down to the fact that designing a quality product is very, very expensive.

wether they're making the right choices with their merch.. i dont know. on one hand i understand their desire for the absolute upmost quality standards, but on the flip side it makes all of it rather... "premium". i own a €250 laptop backpack, it's as good as i could imagine it to be, short of one or two design flaws.. which happen to be design flaws linus has specificly talked about overcoming. the $400 pricepoint puts it far out of reach for me (along with shipping and EU VAT...) but if you're on the NA continent and you're in the market for a premium tier backpack.. it might be the very best the market has to offer at the moment... in the same way some 10kUSD samsung 8K television will be the absolute best TV money can buy. wether that TV is good value or necessary at all is a different matter, but it is also unrelated to the quality of the television.

now... i cant talk about LTT merch first-hand, but i can talk about a lot of "market leaders".. and generally quality is subpar, even on very premium priced products. i own €50 shirts with print errors on them.

what i also know a bunch about, is the cost and complexity of running a business.. and i can assure you, for everyone complaining about LTT merch being overpriced.. go ahead and try for yourself to design, manufacture, and ship a product to the highest quality you can, i guarantee you'll be blown away by the cost of the party.

having all that said, i've heard there's a bunch of people misinformed about wages in BC over on reddit that you may enjoy.

Just now, Inception9269 said:

Especially those screwdrivers of theirs. Like hell I'm gonna spend $90 on a single screwdriver.

is is also <independantly reviewed> to be on par with the best ratcheting screwdrivers from *actual* tool brands.

expensive != overpriced.

also.. quite blunt.. but you're not their intended customer with the screwdriver. dont feel bad about that - i'm not the intended customer either.. most of my tools are "sort by price" and if they'll break i'll replace them. but if that tool failing on you will actually cost you money (i.e. using them for work) the math on tool value becomes very different. see my "RND tech" soldering iron at home vs a propper weller at work.

there is a market for "premium" tools, the market is huge, and the market is very enthousiastic about projects like "LTT developing their own perfect screwdriver for the sole reason that the big little man lost his orange snap-on". that market is also not most of us.. it's just how it is.

sidenote.. "single" is very out of place here.. it's not a "single" screwdriver. it's a multi-bit screwdriver, the point of them is to only have one screwdriver...

16 minutes ago, HomicidalPingu said:

They’re marketing it as a durable backpack. It’s not made out of durable material.

proof?

they have those sponsors anyway

not my point

there are smaller brands that offer better products at better prices. 

smaller brands or smaller production run? and do these smaller brands operate out of canada?

it’s not really good quality though. It’s cheap material, a terrible (and cheap) solution for waterproofing. And they’re just cramming buzz words into the marketing. 

i'm interested on the details.. past "being cheap and terrible".

You should look at Osprey bags 

1: i'm very well versed in the "premium backpack" section

2: you will ruin your backpack if you carry it in one of those hiking backpacks without any additonal protection or without being extremely careful with it.

the methodology is flawed

disagree

the conclusions don’t match up with the tests

explain how.

Ratcheting screwdrivers are also fairly pointless too but that’s another argument. 

that's not an argument. that is opinion and preference.

17 minutes ago, HomicidalPingu said:

but the screwdriver is merely a piece of merch, as an actual tradesperson it’s fairly useless and not worth buying. 

disagree again.. even without owning one, i can say that is factually wrong. - and i'm sure you dont own one to prove me wrong either, because as stated above, you clearly arent a ratcheting screwdriver person.

my point in all this being... criticism is good.. but that criticism needs to have a basis in reality, and a means of resolution.. because if all you're doing is shouting "everything is garbage".. you may as well be cosmic background radiation at that point.

2 minutes ago, HomicidalPingu said:

Do you use tools everyday as part of your job? I actually have a ratcheting screwdriver. It’s a stubby and it’s the only use for a ratchet in a screwdriver that I’ve been able to find. A standard ratcheting screwdriver performs worse than a standard screwdriver or a ratchet with extension bar in literally every scenario  

i in fact do use tools.. quite a lot of them in fact.and the general vibe of you being unable to imagine anything other than your own usecase ends that debate here.

and i do - in fact - own a single ratcheting screwdriver.. i actually only now realised that, because it's a stubby, and i never use it.. because the back pressure on the ratchet mchanism is horrid.

i dont see a single place where i would prefer to use a ratchet.. it seems unwieldly if anything, and extension bars just feel like a way to use the wrong tool for the wrong job IMO. (again: *tools are based on preference*...)

my favourite screwdriver is this flexible shaft wera, because it can go places even the stubby cant. (and in fact, where even your ratchet cant.) but it rarely comes off the pegboard because i have the two most common sizes flathead, and a ph1 and ph2 hanging beside it.. and those just do 90% of my work. and the rest also gets the consideration of my 3D-printed #notLTT screwdriver because funny. (i designed and built a screwdriver overnight as a joke about how long LTT took.. in case you were wondering just how much i must "love" LTT merch...)

as for at work.. it's just an electric screwdriver with a ph2 or the occasional security torx bit because weird manufacturers do weird things. the clutch on the screwdriver probably doing more work than my consideration of tools most of the day.

we do have -colleague special- ground down ph2 bits, because again.. special manufacturers doing special things, and ph2 screws going down holes narrower than a ph2 bit.

they use PU as a waterproofing measure. This come pre applied to the fabric, increases weight, is less expensive than DWR and cannot be reapplied, unlike DWR

none of this seems like a direct durability issue to me tbh... i dont think i've ever had to re-treat any of my backpacks for rainproofing, and the only leakyness i've ever encountered was shitty zippers. and i tend to use my backpacks until they're worn.the.fuck.out.

but i assume you can provide me with some sort of reference on this.. since you're criticizing project farm, i assume you're well versed on your sources.

5 minutes ago, HomicidalPingu said:

Actually it’s not. Ratcheting drivers are the Jack of all trades master of none. Well I should say Jack of most trades because you can’t actually work on electrical system carrying 50V or more with one as it would be illegal.

again... all of this is very much based on preference.

- most people dont work on anything over 50V... and to be entirely brutally honest.. the majority of workplaces requires power to be OFF before you stick a metal object in there - insulated or not. the folks who work on a powered object are in a minority (and i actually am one of those.. just not anywhere near mains level power.)

- for some cases (like building computers, which was the presumed usecase for this thing: see "big-little man lost his snap-on") a more versatile 'single' tool is preferred over a multitude of more specialized tools. just on the "pocketability" your ratchet with extension has already lost the battle.

4 minutes ago, HomicidalPingu said:

All a ratcheting screwdriver is is a less ergonomic extension bar for a ratchet. 

i disagree.

5 minutes ago, HomicidalPingu said:

Google mate, it’s not hard to search for DWR or PU, the advantages and disadvantages are well known. 

you're the one making claims here, so the burden of proof is on you. i'm not gonna spend my time to come up with proof for your argument. if you say whatever material they use is so subpar it would be false advertising to call it durable.. that is on you to prove, before it is on me to disprove.

6 minutes ago, HomicidalPingu said:

Just because something is supposed to be off doesn’t mean it actually is. It doesn’t mean it’s all wired correctly and it doesn’t mean that someone hasn’t removed the lock on the isolation switch and turned everything back on whilst you’re into a piece of equipment. 

you know...  your entire summation is full of stuff that is not only grounds for being fired on the spot, but potentially criminal negligence. when you're working on mains while someone yanks the power back on.. a 1000V rated screwdriver isnt gonna save you, and neither is the flipping ratchet you keep drooling over.. dont you know wet hands is problematic too?

still returns to the point: not what the screwdriver was made for anyways. not everyone is a high voltage engineer, hard to believe, isnt it?

8 minutes ago, HomicidalPingu said:

If you’re building a computer or repairing electronics a precision driver set is better than a ratcheting driver they come with more of the bits generally, fit in more places and are faster to use on a desk. 

except some people feel much more comfortable with a ratcheting screwdriver than with a fiddly little thing that never comes with a ph2 bit anyways. again.. what you are endlessly ingoring...
 THIS IS A MATTER OF PERSONAL PREFERENCE you may have a divine hatred for ratcheting screwdrivers, i may have a hatred for ratcheting screwdrivers, but there's plenty of people who prefer them. if that wasnt the case, linus WOULDNT HAVE FRIKKING MADE IT A RATCHETING SCREWDRIVER. see again: the screwdriver started with "linus lost his snap-on" he didnt suddenly start using a ratcheting screwdriver because he made one.. it's been his primary tool of choice for as long as the youtube channel has been going.

1 minute ago, HomicidalPingu said:

disagree all you want doesn’t make it wrong. There’s a reason why ratchets are used to remove bolts rather than a ratcheting screwdriver with a socket attachment. They’re more ergonomic. 

because bolts are a vastly different task than the screwing people use a ratcheting screwdriver for.

you're trying to prove that i should drive a dump truck to work every day, because you just happen to carry a metric tonne of sand everywhere.

my point is preference because different people use tools for different things. you just proved my point, and somehow think you didnt.

That’s not how burden of proof works. 

except it is. you're trying to say it is false advertising, that means you have to prove it is for that argument to stick.

LTT talks about the materials they use, that is their burden of proof; you say they're shyte, so you now provide proof for that statement.

4 minutes ago, HomicidalPingu said:

t actually is… that’s literally what the VDE rating is for. If the voltage is less that 1000V power will not transfer from one end of tool to the other. 

have you actually had workplace safety training? because that screwdriver does jack shit when you're fingering something that you verified had no power moments ago.

and again.. no one is saying this screwdriver should be used on the mains, it is not designed to be used on live mains, and neither is your ratchet.

7 minutes ago, HomicidalPingu said:

Generally people who don’t use many tools prefer them and that’s because they don’t know any better. In professional settings they’re not used. 

that's because in some professional settings, having less tools means more mobility with those tools.

at this point i assume you're a car mechanic with a big toolbox with trays of wrenches... which is probably the best tool for the job at that point.

but if i'm running to the 4th floor corner office because the CEO's monitor arms are drooping.. i dont want to carry a toolbox, i want to carry one thing that'll fit on everything we have in the office. i dont care if your ratchet wrench will whatever the fuck. if it doesnt fit in my pocket, it's worthless in that usecase.

as for ratchet screwdrivers not being used in professional settings.. for the 20 minutes or so of LTT screwdriver launch popup shop livestream i've watched, there was plenty of techs around looking for something to replace the worn out ratcheting screwdriver they have on their tool belt... because as it turns out, you cant have 12 different screwdrivers on a tool belt, without it becoming a tool kilt.

i dont use a ratcheting screwdriver, but if i need to pack lightly for something that'll fit all the holes i find.. it's a multi bit screwdriver and a bit set, because i dont plan on encountering anything high torque or any nut-and-bolt type situations. if you do.. wrench set is your jam.. but i dont, and i like a multi-bit screwdriver... essentially, to this degree, wether it is ratcheting or not is beside the point, because all it is is a different motion on the return stroke. (i.e. ratcheting back instead of moving your hand on the grip).

and somehow you'r still missing the very point i'm making...

all i am here trying to punch down your eyeholes, is that different usecases ask for different tools. and what seems useless to you, is the ideal tool to someone else.

6 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

Their merch is pretty damn over priced. Especially those screwdrivers of theirs. Like hell I'm gonna spend $90 on a single screwdriver.

I dunno man.. I can't buy anything near the same quality as the LTT screwdriver for that price here in Australia, i'm looking at 50-100% more in price. I also just bought one of the WAN desk pads, and the sheer size of it (1200x500) for $30 USD (about $45 AUD) again, can't buy anything for the same price in the size I got here in Aus.. The desk pad/mat i'm replacing is a Razer one that's (900x300) paid about the same for it from EB Games about 10 years ago. Similar thing now is 50% more, cause you know shits expensive in 2023.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

3 hours ago, HomicidalPingu said:

You know bolts are just screws with a different head right? 

you know a monster truck is just a car with bigger wheels, right?

I said the bag was false advertising, which I proved. Your preference argument is arguing against literally every tradesperson in the world. 

PU is perfectly durable.

if your burden of proof was enough, i just disproven your argument. you're making actually rather serious claims about LTT store, just "saying they didnt use the best option" is not enough.  it is on you to ellaborate why this material is problematic to the point just because of this the bag as a whole should not be seen as "durable".

this is like saying a desk made with HPL laminate on particle board is not durable, because it wasnt made with solid HPL. it may be true that one is factually more durable than the other, but that doesnt mean that the other does not meet the standard of "durable", and glosses over the fact there may have been other reasons why that meterial choice was made.

Never heard of a tool roll? I don’t normally carry around a tool bag just a light kit in the bottom of a backpack. 

it still doesnt fit in my pocket. how is this still so hard to understand?

that’s if you have a return stroke

if you do not have a return stroke.. WHY THE FUCK ARE WE ARGUING ABOUT RATCHETS?

There are different use cases but a ratcheting screwdriver isn’t the best solution to any

disagree. opinions differ. and as long as you're gonna keep ignoring that tool choices are personal preference, i'm gonna keep repeating this.

you're not the holy truth of tool choices, you may have your preferences, which is all fine by me, but  using those preferences as solid fact on a market as a whole is probably more false advertising than some SAS cable i found on aliexpress being sold as "being faster than a sports car".

59 minutes ago, HomicidalPingu said:

Because it’s a very cheap material that’s not very durable and is far inferior to the Nylon that is basically a minimum for a bag costing anything over 100. 

i googled the material the bag was made of, compared to nylon.. and the first hit was this.

Durability
Both nylon and polyester rate well for strength and durability. But when we make a direct comparison, nylon is stronger and stretchier than polyester, meaning garments made from nylon should last longer.

Nylon falls down slightly when it comes to abrasion resistance. This material pills more easily than polyester. Whilst this doesn’t weaken the garment, it will tend to look older more quickly.

rundown:

- both are durable.

- nylon is stretchier (undesirable for a bag you want to hold shape well)

- nylon doesnt perform as well for abrasion reistance

- you have turned a matter of the waterproofing materials into a matter of fabrics in order to win an argument, and you still lost.

now please provide data to convince me otherwise or stuff  a nylon sock down your facehole.

It was made of Polyester because it was cheaper. You can’t market a polyester bag as durable because it’s just not. 

Both nylon and polyester rate well for strength and durability.

nylon is stretchier

there is more to material choice than "absolute strongest material". because if there wasnt,  this backpack would be made out of toolsteel.

You’re just not getting it. 

are you talking to yourself now?

Have you ever worked with tools in a professional setting?

yes. please stop repeating the same question as if the answer will change. i use the tools i use because they are the most efficient choice for what i use them for. your opinion doesnt change my experience.

let's turn this around.. since you're good at changing topics i'll have a go at it too..

detached from any LTT product, what is your opinion on a non-ratcheting multi-bit screwdriver?