LTT Laptop Bag - Ya Want One?

RILEYISMYNAME

I think I'm like the fourth person to create an account to comment on this.  Working my way through WAN show is a weekend housework activity for me, and this week is a doozy.  Greetings from Norway!

I'm a backpack owner, and it's great - but it's beefy.  For travel, overnight or 2 day trips or things like that it's wonderful, but it's awkward as hell for most of my day to day.  I turn around and hit people with it far more often than I'd like.  As a 13" laptop guy (with no intention of ever moving larger), I love the more minimal size of this, and would probably get it if it ends up meeting my needs.  For those people talking about 17" gamer laptops and lots of power bricks, I'm not sure this is the target of the product.  The backpack sounds perfect for you...

Think of this as a daily driver for the more minimalist among us.  Leaving the house for work or school, what do you take with you.  For me, that list is:

- 13" Laptop, Charger, cables, maybe a few dongles/adapters.

- 1-3 books, a notebook, writing implements.

- LTT waterbottle.

This is SO close even in this design.

My requests: 

1- Missing the a place to put the (small) LTT water bottle is a problem.  I had the larger water bottle size initially but sized down, and it goes literally everywhere with me.  Ideally, maybe, you could reduce the number of the SKUs by making the 14-16" design easily and properly integrating a 13" laptop + a water bottle, or something.  I'd like the water bottle inside the bag - the whole mesh-on-the-outside approach would make the bag unbalanced or more awkward. 

2- Handle on top, somehow.  There's times when the strap isn't viable for some reason, and holding it off the side could be awkward.  Maybe two longer handles that fold up to meet in the middle?

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses!  I walk 2-4km a day, and the backpack, bluntly, is a lot.  This might be perfect.

Edit:  Oooo what about this, but as a thin style backpack?  I could go for that too, and it would solve the cycling issues mentioned earlier in the thread.

Edited by epiphani

I use a messenger bag / laptop bag a lot for work, and I used to use one exclusively for school.

My main problem back in the day was the fact that my charger, mouse and other stuff would bulge out of the front and make it look like a cat trapped under a rug. Some form of Accordion-like side material would allow the bag to expand to size horizontally, though I realize structural integrity might be lacked, an extra half-inch or more space horizontally would help massively because sometimes, you gotta bring 1 extra thing that is a little too bulky.

Recently I swapped to an old school gigantic leather bag, which works for the horizontal space because it has a little bit of an accordion going on, but unfortunately makes me look like a dork.

I love it and I definitly plan to buy one.

Could you consider making the the bag handle more prominent? I hate messenger straps, but I use a laptop bag with a handle on the top and I think a handle on top of the bag (sorta like a briefcase) would be great.

Also, could you consider adding a place for headphones (there seems to be a pocket, but it would be nice to have a dedicated spot for them)

Thanks!

I didn't initially agree with the others for 17in version.

But the comments are right. LTT making products for niche tech use cases makes sense. Make it the whale 🐳 bag.

I assume you will fit the MacBook / Framework sizes. I don't know what kinds of models 17in laptops are made for nowadays but they are probably beefy.

Still prefer a messenger bag instead of a separate steam Deck and laptop bags. That seems wasteful. A 16in laptop and steam Deck or switch should fit in the tech messenger bag. Charger, mouse pockets are welcome. Along with other tech specific features.

Three sizes 14in, 16in, 18in jumbo version.

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

I would 100% want a bag like they showed on the WAN show, but for the love of god, could there be a non-orange version? have a grey-inside stealth version? I'm also a 13" kinda person, don't want an A3-sized bag

I would love an LTT messenger style laptop bag!!

The prototype from the WAN show looks good but it would be great if there was a space for the actual cable part of the laptop charger. There are lot's of small loops for cables but feeding a long charging cable multiple times through those would be tedious, a big mesh pocket where you can coil your cable into a circle and slide it in there would be amazing! (Picture of coiled cable).

IMG_20230410_152150__01__01.thumb.jpg.f62a4b0df3143cbace1b877c90199334.jpg

Also a hardshell sleeve for the laptop itself would be much appreciated but I can see that being a challenge while trying to keep the bag slim.

Also created an account to give feedback.

The first thing I noticed, and not sure if anyone mentioned this before, but how about making the threads for the smaller and bigger stretchy things for cables n stuff also orange, so it is clear how big those are?

8QM95Kv[1].png

bro are you tryna bring back laptop bags? wtf lmao. 

you should make it so you can throw it at the ground and the laptop wont break. thats my only exp with laptop bags is that they are thin crap with little padding to make them take up less space and weigh less back when laptops weighed like 8lbs. 
but we as humans have moved beyond that and just carry laptop around in hand now because they are not heavy and dont need a charger every 30 minutes. So you may as well give a reason to use one, ie durability/protection. 

10 hours ago, bombaglad said:

I would 100% want a bag like they showed on the WAN show, but for the love of god, could there be a non-orange version? have a grey-inside stealth version? I'm also a 13" kinda person, don't want an A3-sized bag

There's plenty of other grey bags. Lmg prefers to have vibrant insides so you can find what you need easily.

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

Yes, but is there enough room for a 'small' wireless keyboard (12"x5.5"x.75")

On 4/7/2023 at 5:28 PM, RILEYISMYNAME said:

Heyyy ya want us to make a laptop bag? Because maybe we are?

What do you want to see in a laptop bag? (Besides a LAPTOP, OF COURSE... 😁😁😆😆😂😂🤣🤣🤠)

Seriously though tell us your thoughts about laptop bags

I'm not affiliated with TENBA, but if you're going to make a laptop / gear bag, I HIGHLY suggest looking at their DNA Messenger bags for inspiration. (Or maybe straight up partner with them to create an LTT version of their DNA 16 Messenger bag, similar to the LTT screwdriver.)

Main reasons I bought one of their older (pre-DNA series) messenger bags over anything else on the market:

• build quality of the fabric material & ripstop nylon (especially the reinforced bottom, though my older bag is not waterproof)
  • included padded shoulder strap (many messenger bags have horrible shoulder straps, and aftermarket padding is uncomfortable)
  • removable insert (makes it easy to replace my camera / tech gear with coats / other items without mucking up the overall organization)
  • quick access zipper & rear pocket to grab camera / battery banks without unbuckling the entire bag (huge time saver when on the go)

When I didn't need my camera, I'd just swap out the padded insert for a 2nd one containing battery banks, a PS4 controller, Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones, a rain jacket shell, and a bunch of other travel goodies.

I used this messenger bag for 5+ years before I began working from home when the pandemic hit. In that time, I learned what I loved and longed for in a bag, so feel free to bug me on the LTT Discord if you have any questions.

TENBA makes 2 versions that fit either a 13- or 16-inch laptop with lots of room for cameras, or other non-photography related tech gear. 

https://tenba.com/dna-16-slim-messenger-bag-blue/

https://tenba.com/dna-13-messenger-bag-blue/

image.thumb.png.a64063818ee957a5ed37d89d6c4a251c.png

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Inside my current laptop messenger bag:

• 15" Macbook Pro
  • iPad
  • D&D dice pouch
  • Nomad travel apple watch charger
  • usb ethernet adapter
  • random cables and small power blocks 

Other notes:

1. The strap on my bag is wide enough that it doesn't need a sliding shoulder pad.  I really like not having that thing on there as it always feels to be more in the way than helpful for me.  So it would be cool if we could slide that off if we wanted to.  
  2. My current bag is carried in "portrait mode" if that makes sense (image attached).  I've always thought that felt more natural to carry since it makes the portion touching your body more narrow.  Would be slick if there were a set of hooks for the strap that would let us change the carrying orientation.  Handle can certainly still stay on the side though.  

image.jpeg.c34aba1a530f4f1a343e1836f0acd53e.jpeg

Coming straight from the WAN show because I've always wanted a laptop bag that could carry two laptops. Especially after hearing the segment from Luke about security and separating personal & work activities between laptops, I have been carrying two laptops for a long time (personal & work) and never had a bag that could generally hold two laptops. I know this is a niche request, but this is something I really desire. Most messenger bags tend to not have real protection for laptops (would not be company approved, haha) so while they could fit 2 laptops, those poor things would get ruined from travel.

I noticed a few mention this but I wanted to throw my +1 to this feature:

- Please add as much water resistance as possible, especially in the laptop compartment. 

It's not like I'm going to the pool with this thing, but between where I park and the office building I walk to is 1km (uphill and wait to cross a traffic light street) and I'd like for it to be safe in a downpour. 

This has only happened two times in 5 years, but I needed to make this walk with my work laptop and forgot my umbrella: the infamous debate on driving back being late for work or running in the rain!

The bag I have currently, I didn't expect it to have this amount of water resistance, but it has always kept my laptop and other compartment safe from liquids (also safe from 2 different times a bottle of water spilled on top of it). I'm not knowledgeable on good or bad brands, it was some brand Solo I got from Ross (USA) back in 2010 for collage. However as you could guess - while the bag still holds up still to this day - it was 'sized' for smaller-bulky laptops back then than the ultrabooks we have today, and there are no extra compartments outside the front one for pens and one about the width of a small adult hand. So if this product can pretty much hold up in a downpour situation, I'll definitely be interested in this upgrade! (And don't worry about the previous bag, I've used it many a time for 2-3 day trips and it holds everything clothing, oral, hygiene I'd need.) Something a bit smaller but could still hold laptop, mouse, 65watt power and a couple extra things like cables/tools would be amazing! 

Can you please give the laptop bag a substantial "trolley sleeve" to let us mount it on our luggage handles, and not have it flop around / rotate around the handle

I would honestly prefer a messenger bag over a laptop bag (pretty sure they're very similar but whatever) but yeah it'd be nice to have one! I think it needs to have adequate water bottle storage and various little slots for things like cables, mice, mousepads (more common then you'd think), that would make the common solution of yeeting everything in a backpack and praying for the best a thing in the past. Even better if there was a way to remove certain parts with velcro or something and get even more room, not sure if that would even be practical or possible but just a thought.

One thing that I'd like is the ability to have a cable that's connected to a battery bank inside of the bag be able to be routed outside of the bag via a channeling system of sorts, just so one doesn't have to get the entire thing out, I believe this was implemented on the LTT Backpack, so it'd be cool to have it on the bag as well. 

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

Finally made myself making an account for the forum to give my thoughts looking at that laptop bag in wan show.

Please. Pleeeease. Do not make outside pockets without it being zippered. A pocket is no good use to me if it's not zippered so it is not a) able to protect the content when it's raining, b) worry free of items dropping out of it.

If I'm going to carry my laptop in a laptop bag, I'm only going to run this laptop bag for the day.
If I need to carry items that extends the capacity of a laptop bag, I'll run the backpack instead.

On 4/7/2023 at 8:28 PM, RILEYISMYNAME said:

Heyyy ya want us to make a laptop bag? Because maybe we are?

What do you want to see in a laptop bag? (Besides a LAPTOP, OF COURSE... 😁😁😆😆😂😂🤣🤣🤠)

Seriously though tell us your thoughts about laptop bags

- 2 sizes options ( 15 inches or less, 16 inches or more)
- recycled materials

- 360 degree mild impact resistance 

- water resistant ykk zips

- carrying handle

- exterior storage pouch (cables)

- interior storage for charging block

- interior air tag pouch

- cash/card/wallet pouch

- interior battery bank storage with cable pass through (charge phone, ear buds, etc)

- exterior carabiner clips for removable shoulder strap

- a shoulder strap pad that actually stays in place and is comfortable. 
- limited branding

- nfc protection

Thanks,

Chris

would be great if there was an option to NOT have the inside orange, like gray or something?

searching for a real and well build laptop bag for years

Pretty cool bag ngl. I'd have a few suggestions what i'd want to see on my personal ultimate laptop bag/sleeve thingy, without adding any more outside bulk.

- A pocket for a LTE hotspot like a Nighthawk, maybe with slots for external antenna?

- Since i alway chug everything i have on me in the bag i'm carrying, a dedicated slot in the outside pocket for my phone, keys and maybe a wallet pocket with RFID shielding would be a fine addition. I know there are some in the zipped pocket, but i'd ask for one that makes it easy to blindly slip my hand in and bull things like my phone out.

- Lastly, while it might affect the waterproofing of the bag, passtrough holes would be neat for wired headphone wearers that have their phone in the bag or even a passtrough for the laptop charger, so you don't have to remove it from the bag if you need to charge on the go! The less i have to remove from my bag the better!

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Ohhh cool. I'd like to see one that's a little thicker because all the thin ones just look weird when you put anything in them besides just a laptop. Would be nice to have a dedicated spot for a power adapter, big enough for a gaming laptop adapter, but made from springy fabric so you can put a MacBook adapter in there. It would be awesome to see a pocket for your mouse. Where the laptop goes, would be nice if there was also a smaller sleeve for a tablet. Maybe you could find somewhere to put a water bottle as well. I was also thinking maybe there could be some way the laptop pocket could be modular. Maybe you clip in or velcro in different sizes of sleeve depending on laptop size, or just make different sizes which is also fine.