LTT Laptop Bag - Ya Want One?

RILEYISMYNAME

I tend to use my messenger bags / satchels for school. I tend to need room for a small binder, some folders, a pencil pouch, a hard cover book, and a small water bottle. I also need to carry around a laptop and a charger. I have one currently and the size of the massive main compartment is pretty good but it doesn't have enough other pockets! It is around 15 inches by 4 inches in the main compartment, but is able to stretch out.

I love the full open design of the prototype, and the pocket for a charging brick, and mouse. It seems really well organized with space for any little tech trinkets I could need.

The shoulder strap being sold separately is a great idea! I also want to check that it won't slide around on the strap. My current bag's shoulder piece slides around a bunch.

Also, I would prefer a more messenger bag style, with a flap that magnetically locks on at the front. My issue I have with this a lot is when I overstuff my bag. I sometimes have to put a bunch of stuff I need to transport from place to place, and it spills out of the bag. The flap won't clip down and keep anything in place, so it ends up just getting in the way. I would really appreciate multiple levels of magnets to secure the flap in different places.

As I'm going between classes, I don't want to be unzipping and rezipping every single time I change classes. So having a flap that covers my stuff without needing to zip everything up would be fantastic!

Would love an external water bottle holder on the side, and a place to put the LTT screwdriver!

Overall, I love this bag's design, I just wish it was deeper so I could fit more stuff! Attached a pic of my current bag with a ruler for scale(Don't own a Banana, sorry!)

IMG_2529.jpg

Make sure that the laptop sleeves carry handle is wide enough so that it will fit over the extended bars of a carry-on trolly bag. It allows you to slide the sleeves handle strap over the extended handle bars and rest the laptop bag on top of your trolly bag without risk of it falling off or twisting around while walking around airports etc.

Is there somewhere for decent sized headphones to go? Either internal or a loop with a stiff popper on the outside?

I use a laptop for work that requires a headset, but also a gaming laptop. But stuffing a laptop and bulky headset is always a challenge in a laptop bag. 

Please give it a hard shell protection of sorts!  There are a number of very thin laptop screens that are susceptible to cracking due to this.  Hard shell cases are necessary for travel.  Unfortunately I've cracked a number of screens due to unproductive exteriors.

Yes I'd buy one, +1 for 17" since that's what I carry

What I'd like to see for this AND Backpack is an included or optional rain cover. I've been carrying an EVERIKI Titan backpack for 8 years, daily use before COVID, and one of the great features was an included rain cover you could pull out and pop over the bag, dry it off and stuff it back in.

My EVERIKI is still in very good shape but I am looking at LTT backpack here soon. I'd also consider the laptop messenger bag.

I don't see much use in a pure laptop bag or a bigger console bag. A messenger bag that have a compartment for a laptop, can hold a handheld and all the other tech I carry is way more usefull.

I want to carry at most 2 bags when traveling anywhere, keep plane travel in mind. Backpack + messenger bag, as carry-on + personal item.

I don't want backpack, laptop bag, console bag and other specialized bags. I want to travel "light" and efficiently with multi purpose gear.

On the Wan show (07/03/2023), it was mentioned that the laptop bag would not be fit cycling in the rain. I please that you would consider this. Rain and cycling are such common things, especially here in Europe, and Nordic (Finland myself), and it rains / snows 5/6th of the year here, yet I cycle/e-scoot all year.

And if I haul my laptop in taxi/etc. bigger form of transportation, I usually chuck it into bigger bags or flight cases (filming sets / streaming gigs / trip to other countries), that when I transport lightly, it might only be the laptop bag, and most of those times I'm on my e-scoot or so. And I don't want to be scared to place it down when the ground is wet.

I also need to buy a laptop bag, and LTT design seems so perfect otherwise, mostly for the brick pocket, as my Asus Zenbook has a huge power brick. Also, the mouse pocket is a nice plus.

Linis always says to do it right and big. If I'm gonna spend the money to have a fitting laptop bag, it should well at least be protecting from water, that is really one the biggest enemies on transportation items.

Made an account just to put in my two cents.

1.) 17"+ thick gaming laptop size is a must.

If I recall correctly, one of the concepts of LTT making merch is to fill niches. There are a plethora of options for thinner laptops and tablets under 17" -- as high quality as it may be, it would be pretty mid for LTT to make just another laptop bag when there's so many gaming laptops featured in the videos. (Also please include a picture fitting the chonkiest laptop inside the case instead of just measurement specs if possible.)

2.) Larger compartment for power brick/peripherals.

I personally find it cumbersome to have to get my power brick and peripherals out of another bag. Does not need inner compartments since, as you know, gaming laptops come with power bricks that are like smashed PSUs with a rigid cable and are in various sizes. Ideally the compartment is thick enough to fit the power brick and cable, a gaming mouse, and a few cables. (Space seems tight to have a TKL or <65% keeb on top of that and most of us keeb people would have a special bag for our baby, but its an option. Same thing with headphones. No audiophile wouldn't have a dedicated case for their cans.) 

3.) Hardshell.

A hardshell and 17"+ gaming laptop ready case/backpack is quite rare. I am only aware of one from a certain brand but do not want it since it feels weird having X laptop brand bag with Y laptop. LTT is all emcompassing and cool though. Also design.

4.) Anti-static and/or ESD... something somewhere on or in it.

Gimmicky but would be nice. Airplane air and winter air can get pretty dry.

5.) Spitballing...

Wouldn't it be cool if the laptop case doubled as a laptop stand? Upon opening of the case, an aluminium mesh panel slopes upward to turn into the stand, allowing airflow and use of the laptop without removing it from the case. Duo/Trio CPU fan bracket can be slot onto the mesh panel for additional cooling. An inner layer with adjustable-position grummets allow for clean cable management to keep the laptop-end of the power cable to stay connected and out of sight while the case is closed or open. Your shoulders will thank you with the inclusion of casters and telescopic handle, which comes with a holder for your Uncle Linus Classic Potato Moonshine Bottle? But doubles as a backpack and triples as a shoulder bag because more options are cool? Burlap cover with "Uncle Linus' Potato PC" to keep it stealthy? If anything it's an idea for Alex to make...? 😛 (But seriously, while it's not best practice, being able to charge the laptop while its in the case would be convenient.)

About messenger/shoulder bag...

Honestly, I do not think it is the best solution simply due to the flaws in the design of such bag. I've extensively used messenger bags (the casual one that slings on the shoulder, not the ones cyclists use) from designer to sports to camping name brands (all above $100 at least) for travel and as a student.

1.) With the weight of the gaming laptop and the power brick, about 8lbs (4kg) together on average, it doesn't take long for my shoulder and back to hurt. A well-designed backpack distributes the weight to several parts of the body whereas a messenger bag strap is 90%+ all on one shoulder. I typically just use the shoulder strap as a fail safe and hold it by handle. 

2.) Points of failure. The reason why I went through many messenger bags is that either the plastic buckle holding the bag breaks, or the strap holding the buckle/bag tears. The same issue as mentioned above, undistributed stress on a singular point causes this to happen and is inevitable. Makes the bag literally a glorified paper bag if no handle.

3.) Strap adjustment is never implemented well. The adjustment buckle finds a way to dig into my body and/or makes noise because they aren't designed for multidirectional stress on them and just reused from a backpack. These parts are usually plastic and likely to break at one point or if metal, then its the strap that gets damaged. Makes the bag quite unusable unless you're an max length person.

4.) [Buckle type] Buckles are cumbersome to reach, especially with a full bag. Breaks easily because it's usually plastic or it's metal and stops shutting right or is too stiff.

5.) [Zipper type] Lateral force is begging for the zipper to break. Another way I had a messenger bag break on me was that the outer layer with the stitched-on strap ripped off the inner layer. I think I can again blame uneven weight distribution due to the nature of messenger bags.

6.) [Clasp type] It takes a miracle to get the magnet level perfect. Either too weak or too strong. It also common that the male or female side just falls off and makes it literally unusable. Adhering it back on usually is a hackjob solution because it doesn't help when the magnet and you opening it is constantly pulling it off. Usually these only have one clasp too so the flap isn't secure. Additionally, if someone wanted to carry audio equipment, the magnet is not something they would want.
7.) [Rolltop type] Horrible to take things out of. Definitely not for casual use. If you don't know why the reason behind it's design, you definitely don't need it. Honestly, whoever made this did it just for design and not for practicality since it removes the benefits of both.

Finally, although the LTT backpack can't fit a 17" gaming laptop, just doing some modifications to it, like for a V2/MKII/etc., is probably the easiest solution for LTT if they want to cater to the messenger/shoulder bag people in my so very expert non-biased and spectacularly wise opinion. Like.. one handle being stiched on the side without the side pocket, then removable/additional strap that latches to the bag to make it better slingable over the shoulder. Though I would like to see what LTT could make with how amazing the backpack seems like. (Doesn't fit my laptop...)

I have been using Crumpler Sophisticator for 10+ year. 

A messenger 27 × 34 × 4,5 cm - so much larger messenger bag than the THING shown on WAN show.

I call it as a THING because during the WAN segment terms "laptop sleeve", "laptop bag" and "messenger bag" all were used. I know product is in earl development.

So to the features I like to have such product, but did not notice on the shown prototype. A proper place for pens - I mean pens as in multiple ones - preferably in same compartment as notebook.

Nice to have but probably will not make this product - place for water and space for headphones with case. This might make it but on screen demo could not convince me it could do it. 

idk if your making a separate 17.3" design for people with gaming laptops but either way make one idc how expensive it is.

I have a bag that "BARELY" fits a 17" honestly not the greatest bag, zipper broke because the laptops I shove into it are too big but I still need it for moving around for work.

I saw the prototype on wan show, and it just occurred to me, that it would be cool, if the small pockets beneath the cable holder strips would fit the expansion cards of the framework laptop. And also it would be nice if it would comfortably fit a 16:10 laptop (like the framework, because I have one lol)

If it's possible to figure out a way to carry a water bottle with the laptop bag, maybe similarly to what you showed off with the steamdeck/switch pouch, I would get one 100%.

Having a place to put a bottle would make this a backpack replacement for me in my day-to-day.

Yea please! Will it fit a good pair of headphones in it? I usually carry around my Steel Series Arctic Pro headset and base station in my laptop bag, the ear cups twist to lay flat-ish but they are still a bit bulky, would be nice to fit them in nicely. 

Created an account just for this after watching WAN.

I just came back from traveling, using a free laptop bag from some expo. I found it to be a perfect size for an air travel "personal item" or "tech purse" but lacking in quality, comfort, and one crucial feature:

A rear strap to securely mount it onto a rolling luggage handle.

Features the bag has that I found super useful:

• Main laptop pouch also had 2 slim mesh pockets, one of which was the perfect size to hold a passport with boarding passes stuck in it (I still like physical boarding passes).
  • Middle pouch has depth (not flat) and fit a Switch in a hard case, plus a ziplock bag full of medication / travel liquids.
  • Front pocket fit a Pro controller (I don't travel with a mouse but I love having a controller) chargers, cords, earbuds.
  • Outer mesh water bottle pocket on the side.

That might sound like a lot but once it's packed in it was surprisingly slim and easily fit under an airplane seat.

It would be great if it could be used with mx master 3 mice as i always daily drive and have found they dont fit very well in smaller laptop bags. Another important point would to be integrate a pouch/loop so that you can slide it over your suitcase luggage handle.

Working in Tech often out in the field, I would love to see the option of having additional strap hooks where I can wear the bag as a backpack. I understand we have the backpack, but it’s often bulky and when I have to squeeze into tight places or pathways to get to cabinets etc, having something slim line that I can just carry a laptop, cables, charger, and my tech sack for tools would make life so much simpler. When you utilize a messenger bag over your shoulder, carrying servers or switches up 3-4 flights of stairs often moves the bag around and bangs against my knees. 
Just my two cents. I’m sure it’ll be a great bag either way. 

Laptop/messenger bag would be super cool to see! Based on what was shown on the WAN show, it seemed like it would be a fairly minimal bag. But what I would want to see is if it could fit a small book or two, and how much it expands. I really hate how minimal laptop bags are really thin and can ONLY fit a laptop and like one other thing. 

on the 15-16 version have it so it can store a xbox controller in it too, that would be useful and cool

-------------------------------------

huh newer pcs are nice. hmm sad

I like bigger size laptops and currently run an HP zbook fury g8 17. 

I've tried some messenger bags and, for me, 15.6" is the limit for those kind of bags. 

When you go bigger the weight is destroying your shoulder and the size is just annoying when you're walking. 

Apart from the size, the bottom needs to be reinforced as much as possible. I had a port laptop bad with metal wire sewn on the outer edges and that help a lot for the stiffness and solidity of the bag

The everki urbanite is my current laptop bag and I'm holding off on buying a used one in better condition to see if LTT will release one. It's a vertical messenger bag that is on par with the LTT backpack and lasted me 7 years! The bag Linus showed on stream would work fine but I'd really like to see a vertical option. It's really slimming and sits nicely by you. 

After reading some suggestions above, I'd like to second (or third or whatever) that the bag should be somewhat water resistant (official rating not required but I don't want to have to sweat too much if it starts raining between classes).

The design shown on WAN seems to be targeting a more streamlined coffee shop bound traveler that just needs a few basic things, but many of us are looking for the LTT Backpack in messenger bag form. It's a different format and everyone on the market currently is either making something that doesn't look good to a tech audience, isn't big enough, or is just a luggage bag of holding. There's a niche in the market that could be filled here. Personally, I'd love a way to convert the backpack itself into a single strap cross body design. 

I would like a large 17" plus laptop bag that can hold a full on the go gaming setup 

Hello, first time posting here. Can the charger pouch contain a regular size hard cover book? 1-1/4" thick. (is it somewhere 30-35mm?) I usually go between workplace and wfh with my laptop and one frequently used tool book. Your backpack proved to be too big and clumsy as a daily driver, with a laptop, book, occasional docking station and power supply (I just got a second one permanently installed in my office), and a 40oz bottle. No legal PDF, and no way for me to remember every line in all 400 pages (I do need all 400 pages all the time ....)

Edit: Never mind I asked too early! Luke did show a big pouch on the back side. Looks good, waiting for my new work gear coming soon!

Made an account just to comment here.

Anywho. Look at some of the messenger bags that Samsonite are making. They have a ton of neat features, like passing cables through rooms in the bag internally via a tiny hole in the corner, there's even a pocket dedicated to power banks with a tiny grommet you can pull cables through. Sure they're chonky bags, but they can carry a lot of stuff. Plenty of features to "look" at there.

Like, I'm currently rocking the Spectrolite 2.0 (Seen here) and the only things I'd change about it, is getting rid of the annoying dividers in the middle room, making the strap longer, and lastly making the strap stronger in the karabiner part, because that's always where bags like that break. Specifically in the part that makes it so the strap can rotate.

I would love to have a similar but simpler bag for a tablet. One that you would not especially carry by itself but more in a bag, but that could carry accessories like keyboard/mouse, etc...

Something fitting for a android tablet (yes, we exist !) so not an aspect ratio of an ipad.
I have this for my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ which is ok but wouldn't mind something a bit better and a bit more suited :

YtMaeCS.jpg

Qkp0KSF.jpg

bxAyhdc.jpg