LTT Laptop Bag - Ya Want One?

RILEYISMYNAME

Needs:

• suitcase handle strap

Wants

• compartment for charger and maybe a mouse, without a david bulge
  • zippers for every compartment

I want to start by saying I really like this bag. The backpack looked great but I sometimes travel for work, sometimes a lot, other times never, its basically flood or famine. The LTT backpack is massive and looks like it could fit a baritone with space leftover for your LTT Waterbottle. When the LTT backpack video came out I immediately knew that I was never going to buy it. It looks great but it reminds me of a day hiking backpack not an everyday bag. Also my personal, and work laptops are 14 inch, I too have no interest in carrying around anything bigger. If I could find a 13 inch laptop that was good and affordable I'd have it instead of my 14 inch.

For me to purchase it I would need a suitcase handle strap of some kind. During The Wan Show, Luke held the hand strap and that could also be a luggage handle strap, however without something at the bottom it will flop around on a handle. If the idea for the back compartment is only to hold the shoulder strap you could cut out a section of that pocket so that a luggage handle can go through it, then use the carrying handle at the top. For example look at the Travelpro® Platinum Elite Slim Business Brief, sku 409180101.

Previous posts have mentioned the charger, and mouse bulge. The laptop bag has the compartments but if it's possible to keep the bulge down it would be appreciated. I also want to have zippers for every compartment. Since I'm looking to use this primarily for work, and business travel I don't want to worry about stuff falling out of a pouch. I've had it happen before and it sucks, so please don't put a pouch on this bag without a zipper.

luggage_handle_compare.jpg

Would definitely love to have a few small pouches on it for storing loose cables and accessories. I drive around a lot for work doing presentations, I would love to have a place to keep my slideshow clicker, phone cable, USB drive, etc. 

I'm a bit late to the party, but I'll join in with everyone else making accounts to comment on this specific thread:

First off, I want to say that I wouldn't be giving feedback if I wasn't genuinely interested in this product. I've been through a few laptop sleeves and none of them have held up to the quality standards that I'd expect. The data on my laptop is that which I feel absolutely obligated to protect, so good physical protection matters. Even my phone doesn't get that luxury, and it has my 2FA keys on it.

As context for who I am when looking to buy this, here is what my (non-LTT) backpack currently looks like as a fourth year university computer science student:

• HP Pavilion Aero 13-be1097nr (13.3") and a mousepad I don't mind damaging in an old Amazon Basics sleeve for a bit of padding
  • 65w power brick
  • A set of Meze 99 Neos in their (admittedly bulky) hard case, which also holds a FiiO BTR3k receiver
  • Some miscellaneous cables, including (at times) a portable charger
  • A 24oz Iron Flask water bottle (very dented)
  • Sunglasses, in their case
  • A 2DS XL, with its charger
  • A Corsair Katar Pro Wireless mouse
  • Wallet, keys, hand cream, lip balm, and some glasses lens wipes.

All of that is to show that I don't really carry that much on the day-to-day, especially relative to what I used to carry in, say, high school. Going into employment, I expect to have even less, so a slightly more condensed solution than a full-size backpack is absolutely something I'm interested in.

With that in mind, here are my big asks for the 13 - 14" version of the bag:

• The more rigid the laptop pocket specifically is, the better. Even with not a lot of items, I can easily anticipate the charger or any other marginally thick item pressing into the top/bottom of the laptop. Giving the laptop it's own dedicated amount of thickness could go a long way to help prevent that.
  • As others have said, increased water resistance is a very good thing, though I don't know if it's as much of a deal breaker for me as it would be for someone like the anecdotal biker in the rain. As long as I can feel comfortable walking with my laptop in the bag in moderate rain with an umbrella, then it's good enough for me. That seems to be the case already, but I wanted to make that expectation clear.
  • A solution for attaching a water bottle to the outside of the bag would be nice, though a carabiner attached to the external strips like Luke mentioned could probably do the trick. If that's the intended method, please consider increasing the weight tolerance of those strips accordingly. The non-zippered pocket may also work.
  • Others have mentioned this, but a place to put headphones would be very nice. Collapsible, flat headphones (e.g. my home studio Sennheiser HD280 Pros) would probably fit in the current configuration, but I worry that attempting to put my 3" thick Meze case in any of the pockets would strain the material or prevent the bag/pocket from closing. Again, an external carabiner would probably do the trick here too, but having a headphone case and a water bottle dangling freely feels a bit suboptimal and could cause the bag to feel unbalanced on the shoulder.
  • More colors is always better. I like purple, but I'd still buy orange if it was the only option. Having all colors available at launch would be preferred though.

That being said, here's what I like so far:

• The charger pocket is very nice. Containing the cables coming off of my brick would put my bag organization miles ahead of where it is currently.
  • The design is great visually!
  • I love the idea of having a dedicated mouse pocket. Big points there.
  • The flexibility of having both a handle and a strap is a definite plus for me. Initially I was skeptical of the decision to prioritize the strap, but I'm willing to put faith in the team's efforts to make it comfortable and worth using over the handle.

Big thanks to the team for taking feedback, and feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

LOVE the design from the WAN show. I dont think this should be a messenger bag, but more of an overbuilt laptop sleeve. I appreciate how thin this is, would like to see another update while its occupied with stuff.

My needs:
14" compatibility ✓

spot for charging cable ✓

spot for accessories ✓

water resistance ✓

spot for iPad (maybe in the shoulder strap pouch?)

My desires:
a luggage loop option, or maybe a split functionality of the shoulder strap to act as a luggage loop?

a minimal screwdriver holder (elastic pouch to hold the butt and a small elastic strap to secure the shaft)(or long skinny anything holder)

I would have bought the one they shown the moment I saw it (10 minutes ago as of writing) if it were my size.

I like the strap and handle, and that it's not a messenger bag. I'd like it to be just a sleeve with some extra space. I think it should not fit a water bottle. It would simply be too big, for that I can use the back-bag. I would still probably buy it if it were larger enough for a waterbottel, but my usecase would welcome a small one.

I would welcome a waterbottel harness for it, through, like shown on the bottom of Tech Sack prototype (I think). You could make these side loops all around and have the waterbottel harness a fitting accessory for it (and the back-bag, etc.) so it hangs below when you hold it. Maybe a way to attach the Tech Sack?

I love that it opens up all the way on the accessory partition.

I had a messenger bag for years which died when the strap broke. I tend to put my hand on the bag, exactly where the carabiner attached to the bag, and the eye that connects the carabiner to the loop that holds the actual strap just gave way one day. Just so you know that this is a point where some extra weight and wear will be applied.

Usercase: I have office only 2 days a week (else home-office), and would use it to get the laptop work-station to and fro work for those days. I was kinda sad how large the back-bag is for that use-case, could carry 5 laptops and more with that; using a smaller company back-bag instead right now. I would only transport the laptop, a badge, and small usb-A-to-C adapters.

Laptop: Dell Precision 5550 16"

I would love more of a larger messenger bag. I often don’t want to take a full big backpack to work every day but one a laptop bag that can fit more like a jacket or maybe even small camera and a screwdriver of course!

I would love to have adjustable, or even elastic straps at the bottom for holding a water bottle horizontally under the bag. 90% of the time all i have in my bag is laptop, charger, and water bottle. It would be great if could ditch the main bag, and just bring a small laptop bag with me (plus it would show of the water bottle).  

I suppose you could just have mounting points at the bottom, then sell other accessories eg, water bottle holder, attachable steam-deck case, or maybe headphone cases. 

Great idea! I saw the laptop messenger bag being demo'ed and I immediately wanted one designed by LTT.

My use case scenario:

I'm a software engineer by trade with a Dell XPS 15 (soon to be a framework laptop the second it breaks), and I work remotely. I'm currently living with my mother in law (to my chagrin) due to her circumstances and I'm back and forth between her house, mine and other locations.

For general moving around I would use the strap but the handle is super important as I will always reach for the handle over the strap to take it out of the car, into the car and to sling it up into a surface because it'll give me more control and feeling of security.

I would definitely appreciate a form of quick grab pouches on the exterior so I don't have to keep my wallet, phone and immediately needed documents or flash drives. I know there's an exterior zip pouch but this would be used for immediate need and perhaps a stretchy exterior pouch would work.

It wasn't clear in the demo from what I recall but just make sure when holding by the handle the bag hangs straight and not tilting outward or inward which would make walking whilst holding by the handle awkward due to weight distribution.

If this is to be a hundred or more then definitely include a secret hidden sleeve or pocket to put an apple air tag or tile tag just in case someone steals it.

id love one that is made to be able to handle thicc laptops, for those of us who like or have thicker laptops

On 4/7/2023 at 8:28 PM, RILEYISMYNAME said:

Heyyy ya want us to make a laptop bag? Because maybe we are?

What do you want to see in a laptop bag? (Besides a LAPTOP, OF COURSE... 😁😁😆😆😂😂🤣🤣🤠)

Seriously though tell us your thoughts about laptop bags

Please make it fit at least your smallest size of mouse pad. I love the LTT mousepad but it doesn’t fit in my current bag without having to fold it /wrinkle it

Yes! And room for a water bottle and some notebooks would be great. This would be perfect for me if it comes out in time for fall semester classes bc I'm so tired of carrying around a bag with a laptop and like one notebook and pencil.

Yeah!

just make sure it fits Chomsky laptops too!

New here but have been subbed since 2013/2014, also not an expert on laptop/messenger bags but I do have one.

I like the design of the one showed on the wan show, definitely better than mine and parts of it could be incorporated into the idea I had.

My idea albeit possibly too expensive or unfiezable is a 2 part design. One part is a laptop sleeve and the other is the messenger bag. The sleeve would be semi hard-shell with maybe strengthened corners and edges with hard but softer sides that has an open or zippered top with cut out holes in the upper side quarters for access to charge it in the sleeve. Internally would be a thicker quality foam that's lined with the suede material so you can slide the device in or out easily but is secured enough through friction. This would provide more protection for the device in the event of drops or being squeezed against something. The exterior could be lined with the mouse pad material so with the semi hard-shell design could be used as an emergency mouse pad. You can also add a seperation internally so people can insert a laptop and tablet or portable display without them touching eachother. The sleeve could be offered as a stand alone product with different exterior designs like the mouse pads and or bundled with the bag.

The second part would be the bag which you've pretty much nailed already just make sure the sleeve fits in the bag. Possibly include a covered/zippered passthrough or female to female USB C to charge the laptop while in the bag. If you can do the USB C option then you would just need to plug in the USB C to the laptop through the openings of the sleeve then close the bag and you would just need to plug your charger on the outside. You could also do a spot that could be used for a portable battery to charge your laptop via that on the go then charge the battery bank via the passthrough port without needing to open the bag.

This design would allow people to just bring the sleeve to protect their devices without needing to bring the bag if you don't need it, along with offering a product to people who may only want the sleeve, or the opposite as you can still just put your laptop in the bag without needing to have the sleeve. This could also allow you to make one sized bag that accommodates 2 sized sleeves. Or just make the sleeve one size and because of the internal foam you could snuggly fit multiple sizes laptops.

Just an idea!

How about an add on pouch to carry a controller (Xbox, PS, Stadia) and snap to one of the caribener straps on the side? Not an included thing but another product.

Would love a way to attach the Tech Sack to the laptop bag as well.  Having a small place to attach a carabiner or something would be nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Aside from the zipper durability I really liked the form factor of a bag I used to use.

https://www.qwstion.com/en/simple-office-graphite-leather.html

It can be hand carried, turned into a backpack as well as a messenger bag. If it can have the many compartments and durability of the ltt backpack, that would be splendid.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450M-Pro4 | Zotac GTX 3070 Ti

Shure SRH840A | Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT | LG C9 55"

• 3 weeks later...

Way late to the party here. I really like the looks and am definitely probably going to by the larger 15"/16" size. I do really want regular carry handles on the top if possible. I don't like shoulder strap and the way I use my current laptop bag I have the shoulder strap removed an probably threw away years ago. Also a luggage handle loop. Other than that a few things others have mentioned. Make the usb drive pockets a bit taller. Make the stitching for the stretchy straps orange so the loop size shows up a bit better. I also like the thought having pockets that fit the framework expansion cards.

A messenger bag with a fair few pockets with internal pouches would be a winner! Love the build quality of the LTT backpack, if that can be carried over to a messenger bag then that'd be a winner.

PS. Pouch or strap for the screwdriver! 

Glowing screen captures,

Sleep eludes, lost in pixels,

Restless eyes still yearn.

-ChatGPT; the greatest poet of our generation.

• 1 month later...

Oh my god yes, I have been hoping for this for a while especially since I couldn’t get justify the size or price of the LTT backpack for my budget, My suggestions:

• Should be able to be worn as a traditional backpack and messenger bag (see the Solo NY Duane Hybrid  briefcase backpack for reference)
    • image.png.ee61a148356f46617731974089d2b72a.png
    • image.png.6697702e4e7d45f25b26964e27074f42.png
    • image.png.c5d376d6360e0080936852b05546c9e8.png
  • It should be between a sleek/slim and spacious design (height and width shouldn’t exceed 14in x 5in, if people want a lot of space then they should get the bigger bag)
  • Should carry 14 in laptop (15 in max)
  • Laptop compartment should be padded for protection
  • Should have an extra holder parallel to laptop compartment to hold a tablet or portable  monitor
  • Have a separate (second or third) compartment to hold cords, camera, and/or controllers/mouse

• 2 months later...

I was going to make a post asking for this.

I need something for my iPad Pro 11".

Techsack too small.

Backpack too big.

Edit: Yes need airtag.

Heh. MacAddress colab on this mabe?

• 1 month later...

I regularly use one of two bags right now - a Billingham Hadley One or a Filson 256 - depending on what I need to carry. Both are $500+ CAD bags, yet neither is perfect. I usually carry TWO laptops, a work issued Elitebook and one of three personal Macbooks.

I'd like to see:

• Water resistance - it rains plenty in the Lower Mainland - a messenger bag type flap would probably help greatly here.
  • Wide enough to hold legal size documents. (I work for the fed govt - we love using legal paper for some reason)
  • Removable inserts for when you need to carry something thicker.
  • A slit at the bottom for fitting over rolling suitcase handles when travelling.
  • Shoulder strap that doesnt slip (the leather belt style one on the Filson is great here)
  • Comfortable shoulder pad - or at least one that's removable so I can replace it.
  • A colour other than black.

• 5 months later...

LETS GO!! SECRET AIRTAG POCKET FTW! ... I am kindly waiting for my free backpack for the idea 😊