Why Nvidia has your blessing?

Cause miners

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Heat buddy, it gets abit warm with no A/C here, unless you want to fry some eggs and throw some toast with jelly.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Nvidia cause SLI is better than CFX at the moment.

Really? huh, I always thought AMD's crossfire scaled better. :mellow:

Really? huh, I always thought AMD's crossfire scaled better. :mellow:

You have not heard of micro-stuttering aka frame rating.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

No, and I've never done Sli, my previous build was one 680. Thanks for sharing, I'll take a look into that. :)

Because when I used my 6950 the drivers were terrible and it didn't like overclocking at all. My 780 is a beast the drivers are amazing and I have no issues putting a massive overclock on it either

Here is what Nvidia has going on.

- PhysX

- CUDA

- Shadowplay

- Excellent Drivers

But here is what sucks about Nvidia right now

- Low amount of VRAM

- Low Framebuffer compared to AMD

- Stuck with 3 screens in Surround UNLESS you go with a PRO card

Here's What AMD has going on.

- Superior multi-monitor, it's just better atm compared to Nvidia's offerings.

- Large framebuffer (what are we at 512?)

- Large Vram (6GB on a single GPU)

- Mantle

- OpenCL, actually performs better than Nvidia with OpenCL

Here are drawbacks of AMD

- Drivers...

- PhysX (Not a drawback if you're doing a multi CPU setup)

- It's a Heater, great in the winter!

- No Cuda Support

I'm sure someone else could probably add to the list but both AMD and Nvidia make great chipsets, if you want multi-monitors your choice is better off with AMD due to the large amount of VRam and Framebuffer.  But if you want Cuda well your only choice is Nvidia same with PhysX.   You can have the best of both but AMD has to be your Main card and honestly the only logical solution for this is high end cards which would be the new r290x2 and titan black(for better cuda and PhysX performance just SLI another Titan Black)   This way you have a great system, have open PCI-E slots, and can have the best of both worlds.  But your Video all the time will be handled by AMD, all cuda and physX support will be from the Nvidia card but only be used for gpu computations.   Just remember to install the amd drivers FIRST than Nvidia.  If there's any updates just make sure to update AMD first if both are at the same time.

This is what I'm going to do just so I have an awesome experience of both worlds. 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I like Nvidia firstly, cause they have physx, which I find very cool, adds nice effects in games, second it's quite a long time I use their cards & can't say anything bad about them, no bad drivers issue, no defective models, nothing like that, only good experience with them...So, I think I'll stay loyal to them.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Reference cards with well built blower coolers (Titan)

Often (not always) better drivers.

Hardware implemented frame pacing solution before the AMD issue even came to full light.

CUDA for rendering/editing.

Power efficiency/better thermals.

Get the advantage of being able to buy from EVGA and enjoy their great service and step Up programme.

Shadowplay is a cool feature, PhysX is a bonus but it doesn't influence my purchase decision that much on it's own.

For my needs, Nvidia is better, AMD can sometimes provide superior gaming performance at a given price point but that is only one of the criteria that I look at when looking for a card.

I bought my 7970 Lightning Editions because they weren't locked down like the 680 Lightning, also the 7970's (when I was looking at benchmarks) were scaling a lot better then 680's. The 2GB of vram on the 680 Lightning was ultimately the turn off for me.

For how long have you been using that card? Would you buy an MSI card again?

I'm sure someone else could probably add to the list but both AMD and Nvidia make great chipsets, if you want multi-monitors your choice is better off with AMD due to the large amount of VRam and Framebuffer.  But if you want Cuda well your only choice is Nvidia same with PhysX.   You can have the best of both but AMD has to be your Main card and honestly the only logical solution for this is high end cards which would be the new r290x2 and titan black(for better cuda and PhysX performance just SLI another Titan Black)   This way you have a great system, have open PCI-E slots, and can have the best of both worlds.  But your Video all the time will be handled by AMD, all cuda and physX support will be from the Nvidia card but only be used for gpu computations.   Just remember to install the amd drivers FIRST than Nvidia.  If there's any updates just make sure to update AMD first if both are at the same time.

This is what I'm going to do just so I have an awesome experience of both worlds. 

Dude wow! nice and detailed, thanks for sharing! And yes, even thou I like Nvidia, I admit both worlds has awesome features, AMD higher buffer and capabilities are very respectable features. If I were to go 4K right now I would buy a R9 295x2 without hesitation. 

Please share that build if you do it, sounds like a beast! :wub:

Reference cards with well built blower coolers (Titan)

Often (not always) better drivers.

Hardware implemented frame pacing solution before the AMD issue even came to full light.

CUDA for rendering/editing.

Power efficiency/better thermals.

Get the advantage of being able to buy from EVGA and enjoy their great service and step Up programme.

Shadowplay is a cool feature, PhysX is a bonus but it doesn't influence my purchase decision that much on it's own.

EVGA is one of my latest reasons for Nvidia, I dare to say that if EVGA made AMD cards too then I would probably buy an AMD card to try...

I was thinking of buying a "cheap" AMD card first to know the AMD experience, I feel weird for not trying them.

Nvidia is overpriced and gimmicy, like iphones.

I own an Android. Thus I own a Radeon AMD graphics card.

iphone owners will most likely own nvidia.

Yeah we do actually.

But I'd move off NV as I have no loyalty to any brand.

I mean I would totally buy a 290X/295X2 if I could.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I can upgrade from the onboard crap to a 9800GT for less than $30. And I love their reference coolers (especially on the Titan Black).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I was under the impression that had been fixed.

I switched to AMD because they had been winning the performance race when I was in the market for a new card.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I had an original ATI radeon card and thought it was time to change to nvidia and try it out. 

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

Yeah we do actually.

But I'd move off NV as I have no loyalty to any brand.

I mean I would totally buy a 290X/295X2 if I could.

4K :wub:

I can upgrade from the onboard crap to a 9800GT for less than $30. And I love their reference coolers (especially on the Titan Black).

Yeah, the reference coolers of Nvidia do look good and more importantly they actually perform good too.  :)

4K :wub:

Yeah, the reference coolers of Nvidia do look good and more importantly they actually perform good too.  :)

Weren't Linus and Slick able to get their 780Ti up to 1200MHz or something like that on the stock cooler?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Weren't Linus and Slick able to get their 780Ti up to 1200MHz or something like that on the stock cooler?

I think so, like he said probably silicon lottery but for a reference card is surprising anyways.

I'm pretty sure it was their regular 780 that was the golden overclocker

I'm pretty sure it was their regular 780 that was the golden overclocker

I can't remember the name of the video but I thought it was the Ti. :huh:

It's faster, green looking, and I love NVIDIA because it worked with Unreal Tournament (can't let alone the symbol of The way it is meant to be played) ... and also cuz it's pretty much faster than AMD.. dunno... :P

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I've only ever had problems with my friends PC using an AMD core and Graphics. Hell, every time the graphics updates the thing blue screens on start up. I've never had a problem with a nVidia system.

Intel and Nvidia is the way to go for me

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I can't remember the name of the video but I thought it was the Ti. :huh:

You're right, it is their 780 Ti.

They said it's the reason why the Kingpin doesn't appear all that spectacular in their graphs compared to their golden 780 Ti. In reality, the Kingpin is an epically binned 780 Ti and Linus' card is a  golden reference card

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO