Linus Tech Tips, Tech Quickie, Tech Linked channels hacked

betav17
Message added by Spotty,

The Linus Tech Tips, TechLinked, and TechQuickie Youtube channels have been restored.

A video explaining what happened is now up:

I have noticed that people are putting super chats in these scam live streams. I don't think this is a good idea given that they are giving out money to some random hacker, correct me if I am wrong. 

super chats .png

Just now, will202 said:

its alright guys they have a backup channel here https://onlyfans.com/linustechtips

ah yes, onlyfans, as if they would use it for backup and it's not like they have floatplane

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

3 minutes ago, SkillTim said:

I hope they woke Linus up for this. It's big.

tesla.jpg

He already woke up (twitter)

I sometimes wonder how we went to space on only 4KB RAM, and we cannot fix a simple issue.

Just now, Chef.Duran said:

I have noticed that people are putting super chats in these scam live streams. I don't think this is a good idea given that they are giving out money to some random hacker, correct me if I am wrong. 

super chats .png

not a good idea indeed but for the sake of the cuase and those not informed atm, it's a compromise worth

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

2 minutes ago, CheeseOnion said:

It got completely terminated

How does youtube allow this? A 15 mil subbed channel? How did they get passed everything?

I know LTT will eventually explain what happened, but I wonder how YT itself will react

It happens... Maybe someone in the office clicked a bad link or something.

3 minutes ago, joe123456789 said:

Looks like the LTT team are spinning up a new YouTube channel, LinusTechTipsTemp, and reposting old videos from about a year ago.

Best of luck to LTT team in getting the old channel back, but I'll see you on the temp channel until then 

The temp channel is already terminated as well... I am pretty sure that youtube will terminate any other account until the issue is resolved, which as I just posted recently usually leads to the proper account holder getting the account back and the videos recovered as I am guessing they keep videos backed up after being deleted temporarily at least in case of situations like these.

the forum would have crashed way quicker with 5 of these threads

Dual X5690 my beloved.

5 minutes ago, KeDoBro said:

Where were you when LTT got hacked?

Sure as hell remember it better than 9/11. I was having a massive dump while browsing the YooToobs.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Just now, Chef.Duran said:

super chats .png

The money will go to LMG, don't worry. The donation money get released at the end of the month.

Just now, GameGuyOnYT said:

Oh no... the main LTT channel got terminated.image.thumb.png.2cf37182709e83250d4dfc3fdd55bb9d.png

old

Dual X5690 my beloved.

Just now, GameGuyOnYT said:

Oh no... the main LTT channel got terminated.image.thumb.png.2cf37182709e83250d4dfc3fdd55bb9d.png

Been like that for an hour, yeah.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, Chef.Duran said:

super chats .png

it's  going  into whoever owns the channel's youtube account

Just now, FuchsFuchs1 said:

the forum would have crashed way quicker with 5 of these threads

bro im suprised it's as stable, I really cant keep up wiht all the replies and neither the original poster

My PC

1 minute ago, MEGAMIM said:

for anyone with   

bruh

with what

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

super chats .png

ADsense doesnt work that way and it is very small amounts it could protect people from going into the massive scam. 

Just now, DaMegaTaco said:

Looks like the LTT team are spinning up a new YouTube channel

This was the LTT channel itself after it got renamed to Tesla, then it became temp

I sometimes wonder how we went to space on only 4KB RAM, and we cannot fix a simple issue.

super chats .png

If they changed the money withdrawal accounts already, yeah, all proceeds going to scammers. Well, IDK how changing the details and withdrawing works—there should be a limitation of a minimum amount or something, but who knows? Maybe they've nabbed whatever LMG has not yet withdrawn.

2 minutes ago, Chef.Duran said:

super chats .png

No the hackers most likely won't have access to there AdSence so it fine

1 minute ago, VirusDumb said:

Is this related to the forum being down some half hour

it was bc so many people are posting

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

7 minutes ago, KeDoBro said:

Where were you when LTT got hacked?

In bed and now here trying to find out what just happened.

3 minutes ago, Chef.Duran said:

super chats .png

There's no way they're going to have the channel long enough to get payments from YouTube.  Unless they hacked all of their bank accounts too which is highly unlikely.  I sent a couple myself.  The main reason is you can't chat in any of them they set up unless you've been a subscriber for 15 years but they can't block the super chats so you can tell chat it's a scam that way