Warcraft movie nearly finished, but won't be released for another 2 years

KakaoDj

Kitguru article

The World of Warcraft movie is due to finish filming in just two weeks time from now but it still won’t be coming out for around two years. The film will take 20 months in post-production in order to “get right” according to Legendary Films CEO, Thomas Tull. His name is funny because it means "bullshit" in Norwegian  :lol:

Are they going to do what they did with Avatar? Post-rendering in a massive datacentre in Australia?

The CGI and effects in the film are in good hands as Industrial Light & Magic who worked on the Star Wars movies is involved. Warcraft is currently slated for a mid-2016 release.

xl_WoW-movie.jpg

Cool maybe they can finally turn it into a Free to Play by then

Probably waiting until there are no subscribers left / new expansion or wow game comes then release the movie to reinvigorate the player base

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Im quite curious to see how it turns out. And if it's going to take a long while to render it we might see blizzard level cgi :D

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

This is actually really interesting, for many reasons. The aesthetic will be a very crucial part of determining whether or not this will actually be worth anyone's time. How do you translate the visual style of WoW to a movie with a major public release, like any other Hollywood movie? Also, I very much expect the storyline to be good or I will feel pretty let down/

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

"The movie will be ready when it's ready" - Blizzard. Movie comes out 23 years later.

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

I believe there is still the chance for this movie to be "canceled".

What... They first said end 2015...

Got my gf all excited for nothing. -_-

this topic came up on AMCMovieTalk (on their youtube channel, go check it out)

Ok this is pissong me off, why is it called WoW movie?

Should it not be Warcraft the movie?

Second of i dont se the issue here, it sure as hell does not take a few weeks to make a movie, not even if its full CG. Besides we (at least i dont) dont know how long it will be, im expecting them to pull a 3 hour long movie here and if this is true then a movie within 2 years seems reasonable.

Yes i think its BS that its done in 2 weeks.

Ok this is pissong me off, why is it called WoW movie?

Should it not be Warcraft the movie?

Second of i dont se the issue here, it sure as hell does not take a few weeks to make a movie, not even if its full CG. Besides we (at least i dont) dont know how long it will be, im expecting them to pull a 3 hour long movie here and if this is true then a movie within 2 years seems reasonable.

the title of the movie is "Warcraft" but everyone just calls it the WoW movie

What... They first said end 2015...

Got my gf all excited for nothing. -_-

Hehe, it's usually the other way around  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

I believe there is still the chance for this movie to be "canceled".

Untill it actually comes out the chance of cancellation is always there. I don't expect much from it. It's a video game movie. Can you think of any good video game movie?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Hehe, it's usually the other way around  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Well we both are excited for it. :P