Microcenter Opening 3 New Retail Stores In The US. Indianapolis in June then Miami and Charlotte to Come Later

Deadpool2onBlu-Ray

Summary

Microcenter is Opening 3 New Retail Stores In The US. Indianapolis in June then Miami and Charlotte to come later.

Quotes

The privately-held company told us that it expects to grow revenue in 2023, going from $2.1 billion in 2022 to $2.2 billion and then $2.4 billion in 2024.

My thoughts

If you've never been there, Microcenter is a MAGICAL place. It's terrific to see that they are doing well as a company right now. This is really good to see especially seeing how ridiculously good value some of their items are.

Sources

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/micro-center-launching-new-stores

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

It would be weird to be in a Micro Center that didn't have that vague 90's dinginess. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Would be great to see it in Europe though. I mean would be great to not see electronics cost freaking 25%-50% more in the first place but hey.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

34 minutes ago, Middcore said:

It would be weird to be in a Micro Center that didn't have that vague 90's dinginess. 

Nah there's nothing 90's about Microcenter.  To me they are an animal of the 2010's.  In the 90's by far the place to go in the USA was Radio Shack.  They are basically what radio shack was if it was scaled up to the size of a supermarket.  

I'm glad to see them expanding.  Someone has to move in and really take the position of being a electronics store that is all about electronics and not a million other things. 

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

The two I have been to both scream 90s to me lol. The new Indy flagship one looks crazy nice, it'll be weird.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

I'm glad to see that they are doing well. The one near me has 2000's vibes, but it is literally paradise. Good news!

--Dominik W

(What else do you need, this is just a signature, plus I have them disabled 😅)

18 hours ago, Dominik W said:

I'm glad to see that they are doing well. The one near me has 2000's vibes, but it is literally paradise. Good news!

Yeah.  I'll take a electronics store that looks like it could  use some retrobrighting if they have good deals, good sales, good customer service.   

21 hours ago, Middcore said:

That was before the remodel, and remodeled they did!

Spoiler

I actually liked the 90's feel. Fond memories of the .Com Internet boom era.

20 hours ago, Uttamattamakin said:

Nah there's nothing 90's about Microcenter.  To me they are an animal of the 2010's.  In the 90's by far the place to go in the USA was Radio Shack.  They are basically what radio shack was if it was scaled up to the size of a supermarket. 

You must be thinking Fry's Electronics.

Radio Shack took a nose dive for the worst towards the mid to late 80's. Since then, they've sold rebadged junk. You could find better items at Walmart and Target. And of course, the really cool stuff was at Sharper Image in malls (they're very much alive online however). As for Radio Shack, the only thing that exists is their name as IP held by another parent company; effectively that chain is dead as you remember it. 

On 3/10/2023 at 2:09 PM, ShawtyT30beTHICCC said:

If you've never been there, Microcenter is a MAGICAL place.

Ive never been and there is one here in Michigan. It's like 34 miles away, if it were closer Id probably go, but the location is out of the way for me, I have no reason to go out to Madison Heights. It's not worth the wasted gas in my opinion. When I can order stuff off Amazon and have it in a day or two. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

41 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Ive never been and there is one here in Michigan. It's like 34 miles away, if it were closer Id probably go, but the location is out of the way for me, I have no reason to go out to Madison Heights. It's not worth the wasted gas in my opinion. When I can order stuff off Amazon and have it in a day or two. 

For me in the U.P. closest for me is Chicago. Was just there 2 weeks ago actually. Went to both of them in Chicago. Wish they would bring one closer to here though, like Milwaukee or Green Bay, but I understand that they have to be very protective of their expansion to not end up like Fry's and Radio Shack. With the proliferation of online shopping, it's very hard to maintain the brick-and-mortar type stores now and be profitable. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 hours ago, StDragon said:

That was before the remodel, and remodeled they did!

Reveal hidden contents

I actually liked the 90's feel. Fond memories of the .Com Internet boom era.

You must be thinking Fry's Electronics.

Not really.  Where I am living we never had a Fry's that I know of.  Around here Radio Shack was the best place to go for electronics until the late 90's.  Early 00's we had at most Best Buy. 

2 hours ago, StDragon said:

Radio Shack took a nose dive for the worst towards the mid to late 80's. Since then, they've sold rebadged junk. You could find better items at Walmart and Target. And of course, the really cool stuff was at Sharper Image in malls (they're very much alive online however). As for Radio Shack, the only thing that exists is their name as IP held by another parent company; effectively that chain is dead as you remember it. 

I agree but I'd set the date latter.  They took a nose dive gradually in the mid 90's as they stopped selling their own brand of computer, then stopped selling AST computers which were based on their Tandy IP.  They had their own mostly PC compatible flavor of computer.  They were ahead of the curve on what a home PC should be then they exited the PC business for no apparent reason. 

Once they no longer had computers on offer there was little reason to go there UNLESS you needed general electronics.  They were the place to go for electronic gifts or that one power adapter you couldn't find anywhere else. 

10 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

For me in the U.P. closest for me is Chicago. Was just there 2 weeks ago actually. Went to both of them in Chicago.

The one in the City of Chicago proper and then the one in Westmont IL.  Though both in the region we call Chicagoland.  Odds are you drove right through the suburb I live in on the Eisenhower expressway or the streets.  Small world. 

10 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Wish they would bring one closer to here though, like Milwaukee or Green Bay, but I understand that they have to be very protective of their expansion to not end up like Fry's and Radio Shack. With the proliferation of online shopping, it's very hard to maintain the brick-and-mortar type stores now and be profitable. 

The hard  part is having enough volume to justify it.  Chicagoland is a place that people will make the trip to from around the region.  Chicago itself is a bit of a destination.  I can't tell you how many times driving in the city someone with out of state plates will be going FAR too slow on the expressway or the streets as if they are sight seeing.   Likely to an extent they are. 

The UP is a beautiful natural area.  Green bay is great, Milawukee is great but let me put this in perspective.  Just a bit farther along Ogden ave is Aurora IL.  Aurora IL has almost 200,000 people. Milwaukee's population is about 600k.  Green bay 100 k.  Micro center could only do a store in a place like those IF they were much smaller.  More radio shack sized. 

6 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

The one in the City of Chicago proper and then the one in Westmont IL.  Though both in the region we call Chicagoland.  Odds are you drove right through the suburb I live in on the Eisenhower expressway or the streets.  Small world. 

indeed, it was on Eisenhower Expressway on a Saturday afternoon at about 5pm. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I don't see any mention of a charlotte location in the article posted. Any idea when this location is coming?

As someone who's been going to the PA Micro Center his entire life (never been more than an hour from me), I hope they don't ruin what they are by expanding too much. There's just nothing like it.

On 3/11/2023 at 3:51 PM, Xizerz said:

I don't see any mention of a charlotte location in the article posted. Any idea when this location is coming?

2025. They mentioned it in a Twitter comment I believe.

I am still waiting for one to come to Utah.

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 MT/s RAM, Windows 11 Pro

Custom Built NAS: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI B550M PRO-VDH WiFi ProSeries, MSI RTX 2060 Super Gaming X, 128GB LPX Vengeance 3200 MT/s RAM, TrueNAS Scale

Custom Built Router: Intel Core i5 10400, Asrock B460M Steel Legend, 8GB 3000 MT/s RAM, OPNSense

Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max 512 GB T-Mobile

Work Laptop: Dell XPS 15, Intel Core i7-11800H, RTX 3050 TI, 32 GB 3200 MT/s RAM, Windows 11 Education

Tablet: iPad Pro 11" (2021) 256 GB

Dogs: Male Labrador Retriever and Male Pomeranian Chihuahua Mix

19 hours ago, The_Tuba_Titan said:

I am still waiting for one to come to Utah.

West coast is very unlikely for expansion, they have even said so directly. They don't like the more expensive rent/costs out there to do business.

I wish Microcenter would come to the UK, need a store like that in the UK. Closest we've got is Currys.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

8 hours ago, ShawtyT30beTHICCC said:

West coast is very unlikely for expansion, they have even said so directly. They don't like the more expensive rent/costs out there to do business.

Yeah, I can understand with the crazy market right now.

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 MT/s RAM, Windows 11 Pro

Custom Built NAS: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI B550M PRO-VDH WiFi ProSeries, MSI RTX 2060 Super Gaming X, 128GB LPX Vengeance 3200 MT/s RAM, TrueNAS Scale

Custom Built Router: Intel Core i5 10400, Asrock B460M Steel Legend, 8GB 3000 MT/s RAM, OPNSense

Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max 512 GB T-Mobile

Work Laptop: Dell XPS 15, Intel Core i7-11800H, RTX 3050 TI, 32 GB 3200 MT/s RAM, Windows 11 Education

Tablet: iPad Pro 11" (2021) 256 GB

Dogs: Male Labrador Retriever and Male Pomeranian Chihuahua Mix

Before I moved to a different state, my Micro Center was an hour away(with good traffic). Now, I live 30 minutes with bad traffic from my local Micro Center. I'm amazed that I don't spend more time in there than I do.

Glad to see them expanding. Micro Center is probably my favorite store of all time.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

On 3/11/2023 at 1:18 PM, Donut417 said:

You're massively missing out my dude

2 hours ago, ShawtyT30beTHICCC said:

You're massively missing out my dude

It’s not worth high blood pressure or the road rage unfortunately. Driving around these parts is generally that bad. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Glad to see them expanding. I used to live within an hour of two Frys Electronics, and now I live within an hour's drive of two Micro Centers.

I had a much better time waiting outside MCs for RTX 30 drops in 2020 than I did trying to buy one online even with retail site monitoring tools.