The Green Manalishi

How did you paint the GPU backplate its beautiful. How did you get the labeling in specific. I'm not the biggest fan of green but you really make it look nice.

Also I'm listen to fleetwood Mac right now. If that's what you named this after.

How did you paint the GPU backplate its beautiful. How did you get the labeling in specific. I'm not the biggest fan of green but you really make it look nice.

Also I'm listen to fleetwood Mac right now. If that's what you named this after.

How did I paint..with an airbrush

The graphics were already there from the factory in white

My paint is translucent so will allow for what's under it to show through. And turn GREEN..

I am a fan of Judas Priest who remake that song with a metal twist.

I don't care for peter greens version even though he is the original

Short Video on How to Polish EK GPU Block and Assemble :)

Great idea to use the 3M tape 

Your voice sounds like one of my old teachers lol  :D

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Im more of a metal fan too, not today's metal though. But I like everything from the 30s to the 90s. And also classical. I was guessing it was based after the Judas priest though do to the aggressive looks of the project poster

Great idea to use the 3M tape 

Your voice sounds like one of my old teachers lol  :D

LOL! ;)

Im more of a metal fan too, not today's metal though. But I like everything from the 30s to the 90s. And also classical. I was guessing it was based after the Judas priest though do to the aggressive looks of the project poster

Yep..Big Fan of Priest :)

Impressive!

:) Thanks

Yep..Big Fan of Priest :)

No way, Priest  rocks :), I grow up in a Metal loving house hold  :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

A fine compliment indeed.. Thank you

All the House of Kolor i use needs a clear coat.. I use their USC01 show clear.. Now there is a way around that.. using something called an Intercoat clear which i do use and you see on that MB Block.

SG 100 is used to seal over base colors and provide you a surface to do tape outs and artwork.  It can be a permanent stopping point but really shouldnt be used as a top coat clear.

I always use primers. If I am coloring plastic, I use HOK Adherto. which is a clear adhesion promoter.  super sticky.

If on Metal/ Bare metal I use HOK Epoxy Primers.. THey are Direct to Substrate primers that are absolutely some of the best i have sprayed.. Silky smooth.

Paint always needs something to bind to so primers are essential.

The reason you dont see deep gloss is because I am Under studio lights.. Photographing a deep gloss is very difficult.  If you see these parts in person you would agree.

What sprayer do you use? I'm looking to ditch the whole ratttle can thing because the results I've gotten from them have been mediocre at best. I tried painting my HAF XB last year in red and I grinded the whole thing down and it came out decent but I'm thinking of getting the whole thing professionally sandblasted and doing it over again. Any thoughts on that?

@Hikaru12

I prefer acid stripping over sand blasting but that is a personal choice..Larger Powdercoat production companies have acid tanks for parts dipping.  You could go either way for that really.

I use a combination of equipment for spraying.

20gallon compressor

Sharpe Finex1000 mini HVLP gun 1.2mm tip

Iwata HP-C plus airbrush

House of Kolor Primers/Basecoats/Metallic's/Pearls/Kandy's/clearcoats

Home Built Spray Booth

@Hanoverfist

Please, I can only get so erect. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The GPU brackets are scratched :(

Looks amazing though

Hmmm.. Scratches?  I doubt that...Unsanded Clear coat maybe

I was hoping that was the reason it was named The Green Manalishi! Will it have a two-pronged crown too? :D I am also a huge Priest fan!

Wouldn't that look cool to have some fabricated crown...

db2adfe4e022b8fa401bf97003e08390.gifRDJ_Woah.gif79040-katy-perry-whoa-omg-gif-AHrS.gif

Those are my reactions at seeing those amazing pictures! (In that specific order)

What a great build and computer!!! MAN that looks good!

If I get enough money together, can I send you the money to make me a computer, whatever the theme of your choice, and you get paid for your working hours!

MAN I love your work sooooooooooo much, I think I'm in love (no homo)! but I guessed you noticed already :P

Awesome work can't wait to see it finished, that sexy VRM cooling, Those  GPU backplates, the polished GPU block covers!

[insert *Jeremy Clarkson "What a machine!!!".gif* here]

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

db2adfe4e022b8fa401bf97003e08390.gifRDJ_Woah.gif79040-katy-perry-whoa-omg-gif-AHrS.gif

Those are my reactions at seeing those amazing pictures! (In that specific order)

What a great build and computer!!! MAN that looks good!

If I get enough money together, can I send you the money to make me a computer, whatever the theme of your choice, and you get paid for your working hours!

MAN I love your work sooooooooooo much, I think I'm in love (no homo)! but I guessed you noticed already :P

Awesome work can't wait to see it finished, that sexy VRM cooling, Those  GPU backplates, the polished GPU block covers!

[insert *Jeremy Clarkson "What a machine!!!".gif* here]

Thanks...and yeah I probably due a client build. Start saving your coins..

Start saving your coins..

That's what I'm talking about!!! AWESOME!

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

Moar pictures!!! :P

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Tease!!

MOOOAARRRR!!!!!!!!!

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

@Hikaru12

I prefer acid stripping over sand blasting but that is a personal choice..Larger Powdercoat production companies have acid tanks for parts dipping.  You could go either way for that really.

I use a combination of equipment for spraying.

20gallon compressor

Sharpe Finex1000 mini HVLP gun 1.2mm tip

Iwata HP-C plus airbrush

House of Kolor Primers/Basecoats/Metallic's/Pearls/Kandy's/clearcoats

Home Built Spray Booth

Thanks so much for the advice. I've tried my hand at acid stripping myself to no avail so I think getting it done professionally will be the best choice. Powder coat is so tough to get off!