The Green Manalishi

House of Kolor can be an expensive addiction but one worth having! Hey Bro Small World!

We meet again OVW....Forget the rest and use the Best!!

HOK FTW!

JESUS You're a legend with you photocamera!!! Plus your build looks promising too :D

Very kind of you MarQue98. Appreciated!

Cheers

Followed <3 <3 <3

Welcome to the Green

nice paint job but i dont like that much green , i would add some black or white to some parts 

nice paint job but i dont like that much green , i would add some black or white to some parts 

Everyone has different tastes  ;)

You would, he wouldn't.  ^_^

Correct ;)

MOAR GREEEEEEEEEN!!

OK!! :P You Asked for IT ;)

IMG_0052_zps501107fd.jpg

IMG_0041_zps7c82756a.jpg

IMG_0037_zps1006ec1e.jpg

IMG_0035_zps8a6d36a5.jpg

IMG_0025_zps414bb889.jpg

Wish I could get them somewhere other than ebay.

DazMode shop !!

This build is coming together so sweet. I cant get over how well the paint jobs you do look.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I'm going to buy painting equipment. Only to hope my build will look this good.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

If only I was not a student and could afford painting equipment  :(, or at least get access to the university's painting rooms, and use their equipment and bring my own paint...

NO! I can't paint my case to try to make something nice like Hanoverfist...

I have to say, you make real art pieces out of your cases, and I admire you for that  ;)

If you're searching for me I'll be in a corner crying....

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

Thanks  ;)

Slowly its getting there. 

@acidydragon  Good luck

Do you clear coat these things after coloring them? Do you Primer them before hand?

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Do you clear coat these things after coloring them? Do you Primer them before hand?

I believe that it depends on the looks you want to get, but I would say, he doesn't use clear coat as he doesn't get a very deep gloss, and doesn't use primer on the black parts, but I'm not sure about the rad or the case feet.

I like your question acidydragon, it's a good way to learn, learning from the best  :D

If only I was not a student and could afford painting equipment  :(, or at least get access to the university's painting rooms, and use their equipment and bring my own paint...

NO! I can't paint my case to try to make something nice like Hanoverfist...

I have to say, you make real art pieces out of your cases, and I admire you for that  ;)

If you're searching for me I'll be in a corner crying....

A fine compliment indeed.. Thank you

All the House of Kolor i use needs a clear coat.. I use their USC01 show clear.. Now there is a way around that.. using something called an Intercoat clear which i do use and you see on that MB Block.

SG 100 is used to seal over base colors and provide you a surface to do tape outs and artwork.  It can be a permanent stopping point but really shouldnt be used as a top coat clear.

I always use primers. If I am coloring plastic, I use HOK Adherto. which is a clear adhesion promoter.  super sticky.

If on Metal/ Bare metal I use HOK Epoxy Primers.. THey are Direct to Substrate primers that are absolutely some of the best i have sprayed.. Silky smooth.

Paint always needs something to bind to so primers are essential.

The reason you dont see deep gloss is because I am Under studio lights.. Photographing a deep gloss is very difficult.  If you see these parts in person you would agree.

-snip-

Thank you very much for answering questions :)

One of the better deep clear coat shots i took from last project.. Taken outside in direct sun light

007-6_zpsa21dc361.jpg

Comparison of indoor lighting..look at center right..

IMG_0046-2_zpsc6cc1a59.jpg

The difference to the naked eye is just the brightness of the environment, but I didn't think it would make so much of a difference...

I want to see pics of the Green Manalishi in direct sunlight, it will be so amazing!!!  :wub:

Parts from the UK should be shipping soon.

That is what's holding up the case paint job. Then some shots outside will be in order.

I wish I could get the proper paint for my case but I'm on a budget. So spray paint it is. But if you do spray paint right it can look very good but stil l nowhere near this. Do you have a shop or something. That you sell these out of