SHOTS FIRED AMD!!!

While ISP's call it traffic shaping, I shall call this "Driver shaping"!

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Oh, so it's basically crossfire 290X vs single 780 Ti? That kind of explains the odd numbers.

Yeah, so they twisted the fact nvidia have a software problem to make it look like their new flagship stomps it into the ground

Im sure nVidia can fix this with a simple update, then AMD can stop being like "OMG WE ARE 1337" when simply it was a small software issue and not that Nvidia cards are incapable of playing at those framerates at 4k

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Brass ones AMD, that's some really tough talk for someone looking down the barrel of the obviously superior Maxwell gun with nothing to show for since water cooling will only take you so far. How about you release some fucking new architecture?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Nvidia told shit with their magic driver, now AMD uses a simple software bug to promote their GPU, that's how companies work.

144Hz goodness

Another day and the GPU Wars still rage on.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

u should put a better title that reflects the content as opposed to sounding like a middle school student.

Those benchmarks are stupid they're comparing the R9-295X2 with a single GTX780ti.

RTX2070OC 

Nvidia technology doenst play nice with these monitors guys! Its not fair to compare them guys! Pointing out a feature works really well on your hardware vs the compitions broken software isnt FAIR! GUUUUYYYYSSSSSSSSSS, ITS NOT FAIR TO COMPARE FEATURESSSSSSSS. Here, Let me tell you now how Physx and Gsync make Nvidia the best choice when comes to gpus....

Lol also remember all that shit we gave AMD about Crossfire and frame timing when the drivers didnt support it very well? Lol that was really fun, Nvidia would never have somethign not work with the drivers/hardware they provide.

./thread

Those benchmarks are stupid they're comparing the R9-295X2 with a single GTX780ti.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

I still call bull. Even if AMD has an edge, with Mantle. Remember when the 780Ti kept up to the 290X with no problem (with it using Mantle)?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Nvidia technology doenst play nice with these monitors guys! Its not fair to compare them guys! Pointing out a feature works really well on your hardware vs the compitions broken software isnt FAIR! GUUUUYYYYSSSSSSSSSS, ITS NOT FAIR TO COMPARE FEATURESSSSSSSS. Here, Let me tell you now how Physx and Gsync make Nvidia the best choice when comes to gpus....

./thread

It isn't fair.

They are strait up lying.

Nvidia has no SLI support on those Monitors so it's not 2x GTX780ti vs R9-295X2 which they are claiming.

RTX2070OC 

u should put a better title that reflects the content as opposed to sounding like a middle school student.

You should type full words and junk while telling somebody about how much of a child they are coming across as.

:)

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

It isn't fair.

They are strait up lying.

Nvidia has no SLI support on those Monitors so it's not 2x GTX780ti vs R9-295X2 which they are claiming.

No a straight up lie would be showing your audiance that then will get 30-50 percent performance in DX11 games with the latest update to the driver, and then ya know...not even coming close....

Does nvidia software say its running in SLI with these monitors? yes.

Does nvidia hardware seem to benafit from being in SLI with these monitors? No.

On a scale of 1 to "they do not perform well in SLI mode"....They don't perorm well in SLI mode.

This is showing the SLI perfformance gain isn't there even in SLI mode...What of it? Clever marketing it is, lying it is not.

Edit: i take it back, its not even clever....its basic marketing...point out when your opponents weaknesses....

Edit: Also "Multi-GPU gaming on a 4k60 SST Display is significantly faster on AMD Radeon Products thanks to our close relationship in the display industry."

Oh look, they worked with an industy partner and got an edge over somebody who didnt, pls tell me again how unfair this is.

That being said I wont actually trust anything till i see benchmarks from somebody I trust but lets not all jump on the fanboy train quite yet.

I still call bull. Even if AMD has an edge, with Mantle. Remember when the 780Ti kept up to the 290X with no problem (with it using Mantle)?

Read into it a little. Nvidia has issues with performance when using SLI and these monitors.

AMD and their overhyped statements...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

pretty sure mantle doesnt support CF yet

The driver could have been an internal modified version. Yes, I know the caption states it was a WHQL driver, but you can never be too sure.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

for the love of god, can kids on this forum stop with the sensationalist news thread titles?

I can't even browse this section of the forum for news anymore - it's just tons of "LOL", "SHOTS FIRED", "OMG", "IF THIS IS TRUE..."

you have the whole forum post to put whatever your opinion is, but ffs leave the title relevant to the actual news

for the love of god, can kids on this forum stop with the sensationalist news thread titles?

I can't even browse this section of the forum for news anymore - it's just tons of "LOL", "SHOTS FIRED", "OMG", "IF THIS IS TRUE..."

you have the whole forum post to put whatever your opinion is, but ffs leave the title relevant to the actual news

For god's sake, stop it with the retarded titles and the shitty original posts, put some effort into it. We really need some mods here.

Yep, it's a pain to enter each thread just to see what's about.

Yeah, so they twisted the fact nvidia have a software problem to make it look like their new flagship stomps it into the ground

Im sure nVidia can fix this with a simple update, then AMD can stop being like "OMG WE ARE 1337" when simply it was a small software issue and not that Nvidia cards are incapable of playing at those framerates at 4k

i don't see any twisted fact here, AMD pretty much explain the situation in the article:

BENCHMARKING SST 4K60

While individual graphics cards like the AMD Radeon™ R9 290X have architectural optimizations to support 4K resolutions, many gamers understandably turn to multi-GPU configurations (e.g. AMD CrossFire™ technology) to squeeze the most performance out of their shiny new UltraHD setup.

In the below performance comparison (figure 3) between the AMD Radeon™ R9 295X2 and SLI GeForce GTX 780 Ti, the benefit of AMD’s robust relationships within the display industry is clear: AMD Catalyst™ is ready to support high-performance gaming experiences on 4K60 SST displays, but our competition clearly has more work to do.  

And now we are first to market with fully-functional, day-one support for the latest and greatest UltraHD panels with 60 Hz SST scalers. If nothing else, this represents our commitment to serve you – our  loyal and enthusiastic customers – with healthy engineering efforts to comprehensively support state-of-the-art gaming experiences.

they even put a link to OCN with response from NVIDIA Rep. about the situation;

Thanks. Filing bug now and going to have our QA team investigate.

Discovered cause. This monitor is a single tile 4K monitor. Driver support will appear in our next major driver branch.

EDIT: We are backporting SLI driver support for this monitor into our current driver branch so now our next driver release will support 4K at 60Hz in SLI mode on the Samsung UD590

it's just that some people are lazy enough these days and just see the graph then leave without reading the article, enough to understand the situation (well, linus also complained about it at the wan show RTFA!), and to make it worse just like mentioned above, make a news thread and changes the original title with somewhat "interesting" one.

AMD is doing what Nvidia does best, lies.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

i don't see any twisted fact here, AMD pretty much explain the situation in the article:

they even put a link to OCN with response from NVIDIA Rep. about the situation;

it's just that some people are lazy enough these days and just see the graph then leave without reading the article, enough to understand the situation (well, linus also complained about it at the wan show RTFA!), and to make it worse just like mentioned above, make a news thread and changes the original title with somewhat "interesting" one.

Exactly, as far as I read, AMD actually never sad that there cards were superior to Nvidia cards in 4K gaming on SST displays. They just said that they were ready fro 4K gaming on SST displays.

Remember AMD s benching in windows 8 and with Mantle. Anandtech is benching in win7 and with DX11.

mantle was made for AMDs CPU because they are much slower then intel CPUs and they bottleneck many, many videocards. here look how FX 8320 on 4.7 GHZ is bottlenecking GTX 660 ti LOL and you want this CPU paired with something like 295x2?  :P

AMD fans do not say anything AMD CPUs suck!!!!!!!!

mantle adds FPS if you had slow CPU and it was bottleneck for your GPU but if you had i7 4770k it wouldnt bottleneck any AMD GPU and mantle will gain nothing in that setup.

here is my i7 3770 4 core 4.3 ghz + GTX 660 1080 mhz see scores GPU 28117 CPU 29202

here is FX 8320 8 core  4.7 GHZ + GTX 660 ti 1099 mhz see scores GPU 27337 CPU 24861

5cb952fcba26.jpg

here is FX 8320 8 core  4.7 GHZ + GTX 660 ti 1099 mhz see scores GPU 27337 CPU 24861

AMD CPU suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b4df23e84a77.jpg

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.