British Supermarket "Defaces" British statue

xox

The Angel of the North is arguably one of the most iconic landmarks of the North of England. It demonstrates the efforts of the working people of the north and their hard labour in the days when the North East was the manufacturing centre of Britain. The North East is generally proud of it's heritage, mining and steel making were hard industries to work in, but the British stiff upper lip brought these courageous people through.

You can see the angel fro the A1, which is the main road into the North, symbolising to everyone how good the North is despite the negative press regarding the working classes going off track etc.

"You don't mess with the Angel of the North"

angel29.jpg

So you may be surprised to find that a major supermarket projected an image of a traditional French Loaf on to it. That in itself is fine, the angel is for everyone to enjoy, it is public property. This is the projection:

Morrisons-uses-the-Angel--011.jpg

I think it is a major laughing matter, I love it. Some people hate it, understandably, but a baguette projected on to a major landmark, genius. As Michael O'Leary said: "Any press is good press", so even though some hate the move by the advertising department of the supermarket, they have just drummed up so much attention for themselves, which has to be a good thing.

I dunno, what do you guys think of it? Top LOL or Top Disgrace?

(there needs to be an off topic news thread i think)

Compatible with Windows 95

hmmm. I find it funny, but I understand if some people get upset.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

What if you only see the bread from your car and you have no idea what the "Angel of the north" is I think that would be a pretty funny conversation while going by xD

I would actually consider traveling there just to see that xD Top LOL :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Planegel, never seen one like that.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

If I lived in england or cared at all about it I would probably say disgrace. Although I find it funny that a supermarket had the balls to do that.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Deface

spoil the surface or appearance of (something), for example by drawing or writing on it.

This isnt permenant or hard to remove so this isn't considered "deface"

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Meh.

The original landmark looked like a cheap knock off of the Cristo Redentor made of cardboard.

This is a real monument.

Cristo_Redentor_-_Rio.jpg

:P

What kind of ads would go great on Cristo Redentor? "How big are your subs Buddy Christ?"

After watching Linus latest video I thought the projection was a big male sausage but apparently its a large sub :blink:

Cry Havoc!

i'm confused, anyways voted lol, but i think is a disgrace as well, but minimalistic,

but the size of the sammich tho... *drools* :wacko:

a hungry ninja :ph34r:

Details separate people.

It's cool, the angel of the north is an unsightly collection of misshapen fence panels anyway.

It's cool, the angel of the north is an unsightly collection of misshapen fence panels anyway.

Woah there, u wot m8.

Have you seen it from the motorway? It looks awesome, better than Birmingham.

Deface

spoil the surface or appearance of (something), for example by drawing or writing on it.

This isnt permenant or hard to remove so this isn't considered "deface"

That was what The 'I' Newspaper wrote of it :P

Woah there, u wot m8.

Have you seen it from the motorway? It looks awesome, better than Birmingham.

Yeah I've seen it many times while driving up north, I've always thought it looks like B&Q fencing.

i think its pretty funny :P

4770k | GTX 780 | 350D | 16GB RAM | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 750w PSU | Kraken x60 | Custom Sleeved Cables | ASUS PB287Q

Build Log 

Yeah I've seen it many times while driving up north, I've always thought it looks like B&Q fencing.

:lol: Now, if B&Q or Ronseal had of advertised on it.... That would truly be funny.

That made me lol....

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^