to Play Wolfenstein: The New Order You're gonna need......

jamese669

http://www.maximumpc.com/core_i7_class_cpu_64-bit_windows_os_needed_play_wolfenstein_new_order

"if you want to experience Wolfenstein: The New Order at a solid 60 frames per second, you'll need to bring a Core i7 or equivalent AMD chip to the party." my fx 8320 just crapped its pants

am i  the only one whos kinda thinking that quite extreme. but then again if its there why not use it,

"A Steam account and activation will also be required, so heads up there."

no problem as steam is quite a nice software  any way

"You'll also need 4GB of system RAM, 50GB of hard drive space, an Nvidia GeForce 460 or AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6850 or higher graphics card,"

'if this has already been posted dont moan about the fact its already posted just move along"

I did a thing once and it was awsome: https://soundcloud.com/jamese666/junkhead-cover-with-vocals

why an I7 for Wallenstein? such a lie.. I bet it doesn't even use hyper-threading.

Diamond 5 in League :)

i7 ?

why is the game coded badly

u could max out BF4 with a dual core haswell

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

So I know you said not to moan about it, but this is the 4th thread about the same topic.

However, this is a good topic to talk about. Wolfenstien looks to be a pretty demanding game, I think it's ridiculous what they are suggesting to have. Seriously, an i7 to play the game? Bollo*ks, I bet people will be able to play it on an i5 no problem. I dont know for sure. I guess we'll see soon.

So this means hyperthreading of i7 will be helpful in this game? Or it's just marketing words to force gamers buy i7?

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

So this means hyperthreading of i7 will be helpful in this game? Or it's just marketing words to force gamers buy i7?

Marketing I assume. Just like what happened with watch dogs shiz.

Diamond 5 in League :)

I think this is a repost of a repost...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I made a thread asking about the recommended specs for Watch_Dogs and people from the forum here assured me that i7's will have no benefit over i5's.

Quote from someone on said thread:

Here is a source. They said the same thing about Thief. I7 or 8350. I3 Ivy Bridge faster than 8350.

http://www.techspot.com/review/787-thief-benchmarks/page4.html

How about a true CPU title. A MMO. Elder Scrolls Online. I3 Ivy Bridge > 8350.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/the-elder-scrolls-online-performance,3789-8.html

Non BS benchmarks from Russia that are laughable.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-4-graphics-card-performance,3634-10.html

Sandy Bridge still killing it. Anything that needs an I7 in this game is going to be a gimmick setting anyways, and a 8350 is not close to a I7 without a low level API and this is not a AMD Mantle game. This is a Nvidia game. Devs lie for money, devs pump up consoles. Ubisoft has a rough history with PC gamers and major ties to consoles. 

When the game comes out I will screenshot my 4770k at 10-25 percent usage for you. 

Somebody mentioned in another thread about the system requirements that they're talking about an i7 930.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

I think this is a repost of a repost...

Of a repost of a repost.

why an I7 for Wallenstein? such a lie.. I bet it doesn't even use hyper-threading.

I agree. I highly doubt it will use hyperthreading. The developers won't bother with hyper threading. Just means more effort for them xD

it funny though cause when i did a search prior to posting i found no other topic on this but i did a second one and yeah.... there more

Yep. I've seen 4 so far. But I don't blame anyone, it's quite an interesting topic to discuss.

ahhh o well S*** happens :P

True dat :) Like I said though, its a good topic to discuss.

So the game NEEDS hyperthreading? Must be a terrible game if it looks that CPU intensive yet you only need a GTX 460.....

i will try it on my my friends core 2 quad q6600 i think it will perform fine with a decent gpu

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

So the game NEEDS hyperthreading? Must be a terrible game if it looks that CPU intensive yet you only need a GTX 460.....

You don't need hyper threading from what I've heard. It's just alot of people have mentioned it. Unless they specifically say you need hyperthreading. In which case I entirely agree how stupid it is saying that you need a kickass CPU, then an old graphics card. Game developers xD

considering the gpu req is a 460 i'm not that worried about cpu reqs

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

As has been said in other threads and generally anywhere where this is discussed. Something does not add up that the gpu requirements are so minimal yet you need a top end cpu. Also has anyone ever been able to show tangible benefits between an i5 and an i7 for gaming? (of the same gen obviously) and finally when was the last time you played a shooter that was completely CPU bound? The only games I can really remember actually loading up CPU's were RTS's with massive armies involved. Pretty sure I remember back in the day supreme commander and world in conflict giving my core 2 duo a good workout haha.

well i have a core i7 so i should be fine then, even though 4th gen i5's are faster and cant play the game

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85