Who's fighting to save the internet now

Who's fighting to save the internet now

So it seems that we ended up making some noise. Looks like senators and business's are starting to realize that what the FCC is doing is completely the opposite of what they should be doing. It seems like everyone's finally taking this seriously or at least some major players are. 

Who's fighting to save the internet now

So it seems that we ended up making some noise. Looks like senators and business's are starting to realize that what the FCC is doing is completely the opposite of what they should be doing. It seems like everyone's finally taking this seriously or at least some major players are. 

Good, it is about time someone started paying attention

Also Mr FCC, I have a little gift here for you. I thought about it ever so carefully, I do hope you enjoy it.

middle-finger.jpg

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Hooray. At least we you got their attention. I'm British...And to be honest I don't fully understand where the FCC applies to global-wise. I only hear alot about it in America, plus I haven't really researched a whole lot into it...

"Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian is also trying to recapture the spark. He’s currently running a crowdfunding campaign to erect a billboard as close to the FCC offices as possible, similar to the "Don’t mess with the internet" billboard he put in SOPA author Lamar Smith’s (R-TX) home district in 2012 (the current proposal has raised around $15,000 of its $20,000 goal)." 

The only reason i love reddit is because shit like this is possible and it makes me have hope for the world

People be wanting to control everything -.-
Just leave us be ya control freak instead and focus on solving world hunger, murderer, global warming etc :/

"Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian is also trying to recapture the spark. He’s currently running a crowdfunding campaign to erect a billboard as close to the FCC offices as possible, similar to the "Don’t mess with the internet" billboard he put in SOPA author Lamar Smith’s (R-TX) home district in 2012 (the current proposal has raised around $15,000 of its $20,000 goal)." 

The only reason i love reddit is because shit like this is possible and it makes me have hope for the world

There's always hope but others on the top are covering it up with their 'problem' making us somewhat blind to the truth but they still can't stop all of us :)

With Power comes great responsibility

I so glad that the FCC took this into account.....Yeah-no. Screw FFC.

After years of pressure from ISPs, net neutrality is under threat by the FCC itself. Chair Tom Wheeler promised to revive the Open Internet Order after it saw an unceremonious defeat in January, but a leaked version of his latest proposal would let companies pay ISPs for a "fast lane" to subscribers, undermining the spirit of the original rules, which barred companies from discriminating between services.

8AmIb.jpg

Hooray. At least we you got their attention. I'm British...And to be honest I don't fully understand where the FCC applies to global-wise. I only hear alot about it in America, plus I haven't really researched a whole lot into it...

Its only an America issue for now, but like with most things if America does something then other nations will follow..........especially Britain. I wish i could say it doesn't effect you but it does. It effects the world really. 

Its only an America issue for now, but like with most things if America does something then other nations will follow..........especially Britain. I wish i could say it doesn't effect you but it does. It effects the world really. 

Well then....That sucks xD But thanks for helping out with my confusion :)

Well then....That sucks xD But thanks for helping out with my confusion :)

No problem man. in all honesty it might take enough time that you guys over there could prevent it, if we cant prevent it from happening over here that is

If the FCC starts trying to control the web or do whatever it is they're trying to do with it, I wouldn't have thought it would be too long before other nations adopt a similar system or the FCC tries to influence them.

It may be in a America but it affect us all globally.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

No problem man. in all honesty it might take enough time that you guys over there could prevent it, if we cant prevent it from happening over here that is

I hope someone can prevent it. If the FCC starts trying to control the web or do whatever it is they're trying to do with it, I wouldn't have thought it would be too long before other nations adopt a similar system or the FCC tries to influence them.

It may be in a America but it affect us all globally.

I agree, it's very easy for people like FCC to influence us, and with the problems going on in Britain right now I really wouldn't be surprised if Britain had taken on a similar system/

EU is currently making laws that are the EXACT opposite of the US :P we are making it highly illegal to do anything of this sort at all.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

People be wanting to control everything -.-

Just leave us be ya control freak instead and focus on solving world hunger, murderer, global warming etc :/

Global warming isn't a thing anymore.

It's called climate change now.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Who's fighting to save the internet now? How about you?

Here in germany the Telekom ( you might know one of it's subsidiaries T-mobile) tried to implement data caps last year and got their ass kicked in court. If you don't fight they will go as far as you let them. I think the biggest problem in the usa is that no one really cared and now it's to late.

American Senators? Actually listening to their constituency? Hardly. If you want to know the real reason they're opposing the FCC I would look into their finances: I'm almost sure there's some Tech companies counter bribing them (again I won't stop using this term to illustrate how lobbying is nothing more than legal bribes) to get their interests better served. Could Netflix have figured out that bribing a few Senators might be a better idea than paying protection money to the ISP extortion racket? Who knows maybe and American can dig up a bit.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Global warming isn't a thing anymore.

It's called climate change now.

Does it really matter what its called? I know its not entirely accurate, because some places are getting warmer while others get colder, but "Global Warming" was the term first used to describe the phenomenon and therefore the most widely known. Regardless of what he called it, what should be discussed is the fact that he had a good point.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Does it really matter what its called? I know its not entirely accurate, because some places are getting warmer while others get colder, but "Global Warming" was the term first used to describe the phenomenon and therefore the most widely known. Regardless of what he called it, what should be discussed is the fact that he had a good point.

True true.

Some places it's getting warmer some it's getting colder. And it's getting windier pretty much everywhere I think.

He has an incredibly valid point. That is not in question.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

EU is currently making laws that are the EXACT opposite of the US :P we are making it highly illegal to do anything of this sort at all.

oh ok good then guess its time for me to move xD

Who's fighting to save the internet now? How about you?

Here in germany the Telekom ( you might know one of it's subsidiaries T-mobile) tried to implement data caps last year and got their ass kicked in court. If you don't fight they will go as far as you let them. I think the biggest problem in the usa is that no one really cared and now it's to late.

I hole heatedly agree. Like i didn't  even know about any of this kindof stuff until I started watching Tek Syndicate and they were talking about it. I never knew it existed before 4-5 months ago but i've been actively telling people to help do something about it. I feel like people just arent educated enough about the issue to understand the full implication of it or they are been feed bs. 

I just wanted to say, regarding opinions that this might have a global effect, from what I've read I'm pretty sure EU recently passed an even stronger law for net neutrality. So there's Europe, I doubt Russia and China care but I won't get into that...