Who's fighting to save the internet now

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

We only have to lose once to spell doom for the Internet as we know it.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I hate the FCC, but I don't hate the as much as the NSA.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Big wall of text that just sounded like blah when I read it. Not sure what it was saying. Can I get a dummy version of that article?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

fuck fcc and those terrible laws

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

Its only an America issue for now, but like with most things if America does something then other nations will follow..........especially Britain. I wish i could say it doesn't effect you but it does. It effects the world really. 

Yep, I do think that about 60 to 70% of the most used services are hoted in the US, so if this becomes a thing, the whole world will suffer from it, because... yeah... fast lane for Europe? NOPE, so "we" (the series of tubes) have to fight against this! Net neutrality for all!

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

The internet should be less american.

The internet should be less american.

lol it should be but that wont happen until America isn't a "Super Power" anymore which i think will happen in the next decade unless shit changes

lol it should be but that wont happen until America isn't a "Super Power" anymore which i think will happen in the next decade unless shit changes

Amurica:Terrorist are using 'our' internet to plan their attacks....

Amurica:Let's make the internet ours so that we can 'monitor' everyones activity on the web including private and personal stuff.

Amurica:This is all in the name of 'the well being of our citizens'

Terrorist:What you speaking amurica? We have better ways to plan our attack ya white devil

Terrorist:Want us to throw more shoes in your face? *in arabic acent*

No recism intended just saying what might tricker them to occupied the entire internet for themself :/

They will stay or try to stay the Super Power country and be firing 5000 rounds of freedom per minutes.

Yep, I do think that about 60 to 70% of the most used services are hoted in the US, so if this becomes a thing, the whole world will suffer from it, because... yeah... fast lane for Europe? NOPE, so "we" (the series of tubes) have to fight against this! Net neutrality for all!

That doesn't make any sense... Correct me if I'm wrong but... This is all about ISPs, services in US won't have to pay ISPs in Europe for faster connection because EU has net neutrality...

Amurica:Terrorist are using 'our' internet to plan their attacks....

Amurica:Let's make the internet ours so that we can 'monitor' everyones activity on the web including private and personal stuff.

Amurica:This is all in the name of 'the well being of our citizens'

Terrorist:What you speaking amurica? We have better ways to plan our attack ya white devil

Terrorist:Want us to throw more shoes in your face? *in arabic acent*

No recism intended just saying what might tricker them to occupied the entire internet for themself :/

They will stay or try to stay the Super Power country and be firing 5000 rounds of freedom per minutes.

That 5000 round of freedom per minute got me, i almost died.

That doesn't make any sense... Correct me if I'm wrong but... This is all about ISPs, services in US won't have to pay ISPs in Europe for faster connection because EU has net neutrality...

your right for now its only the US where this might happen. BUTTTTT the ideology might skip across the proverbial pond and infect Europe as well. It may or may not you'll just have to see but you guys will have the advantage of being prepared if it happens to u unlike us.

your right for now its only the US where this might happen. BUTTTTT the ideology might skip across the proverbial pond and infect Europe as well. It may or may not you'll just have to see but you guys will have the advantage of being prepared if it happens to u unlike us.

I actually covered that in my previous post.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/3/5577418/europe-connected-continent-net-neutrality-roaming-fees

And considering the controversy and backlash in the US I certainly doubt something like this well happen any time soon, at least in Europe, but that should be reason enough for others not to follow.

I actually covered that in my previous post.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/3/5577418/europe-connected-continent-net-neutrality-roaming-fees

And considering the controversy and backlash in the US I certainly doubt something like this well happen any time soon, at least in Europe, but that should be reason enough for others not to follow.

ooooh cool i havent seen this, well then no worries xD

That 5000 round of freedom per minute got me, i almost died.

Don't worry it reloads fast too so have another 5000 round of freedoms per minute buddy xD

Seriously more people need to be more aware about this situation...

Why can't we be all neutral and be happy about it?

Be equal in this area and strife for the best in eco-friendly stuff

Was SOPA not enough for the world to learn their lesson?

If SOPA or that other thing that also have something to do with SOBA got the green light....We all be gutted now and chained down :/

Who's fighting to save the internet now

So it seems that we ended up making some noise. Looks like senators and business's are starting to realize that what the FCC is doing is completely the opposite of what they should be doing. It seems like everyone's finally taking this seriously or at least some major players are. 

It's great to see "important" people standing up for net neutrality, though, I'm not sure what the actual effect of the outrage will be.

Follow me on Twitter!

Technology Journalist at TechnologyTell, NextPowerUp, and others. 

Here's a thing I can see live, related to this.

We have an ISP company here in Portugal, which is Cabovisao.

I have had it for 10 years, since my first Internet package was 1Mbps download/256Kbps upload, back in 2003. Unlimited traffic.

Now, since 2012, when this ISP was sold to Altice, this new detentor company, had shut down the core datacenter near Palmela, one of the biggest datacenters in this country, we have seen scenes of Traffic Shaping and Bandwidth Caps, even they say it's unlimited.

The thing is. Unless you get the 360Mbps package, that costs 132,99€ / mo (and you will have fully unlimited traffic and no caps at all), you will have:

- After 300GB traffic, you'll be capped to 10Mbps.

- After 500GB traffic, you'll be capped to 128Kbps.

- You'll be capped 10am-2am at 50KB/s on P2P connections, Steam/Origin downloads, and in-game patches.

- You're capped to 720p Youtube streaming, and you can barely watch Twitch.TV streams.

Since this, many people have changed to ADSL and 4G/Sat "fixed" packages, which the average connection is 12Mbps, because this ISP called MEO defends net neutrality, and gives no trafiic shaping, or limitation. I see people with ~12Mbps lines watching 1080p Youtube clips, Netflix and Twitch streams, while downloading at over 1MB/s speeds. Over here, you can have for 36,53€, an up-to 24Mbps 3p ADSL package. 

Oh yeah, we also have 4G fixed packages over here, unlimited 4G 20Mbps traffic for 25€, but we understand that this type of connection is Traffic Shaped, because the antennas doesn't handle such quantity of traffic. We still have first Cat LTE.