Free Beer for every attendant of EVE fanfest, purchased by one fan

AlexGoesHigh

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/3/5678760/eve-online-free-beer-ccp-fanfest

It’s hard to know what’s going to happen next during CCP’s Fanfest event in Iceland, the goings-on of the show can be just as unpredictable as the game. Battlestar Galactica star Katee Sackhoff made a joke about buying every attendee at the show a beer, before quickly taking it back. Warning: the video contains profanity.

One person, on the other hand, took the offer very seriously.

The CEO of Burning Napalm, a player-run corporation in Eve Online, contacted the CEO of CCP and made the offer to buy every attendee of the show a local beer.

I spoke with David Reid, the CMO of CCP, who confirmed that the individual sent over his credit card information, and CCP CEO Hilmar Veigar Pétursson used it and the resources of the Harpa Convention Center to purchase a large amount of Gull, a local Icelandic beer. Pallets of the beer were then brought into the event, and after the announcement every person in attendance was handed one free beer.

The scene was definitely something to see: Eve fans swarmed the table, and were each given exactly one beer before the last party of Fanfest began. The bill for the beer order was estimated to be around $10,000.

freebeer.0_cinema_960.0.JPG

WOW, now that is true community services, and made possible by a guy in charge of an in-game org

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Thats nice of them :)

(a bunch of drunkards running around...)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

That's really good of them. Kudos!  :lol:

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Man EVE players like to PARTY! It might get a little crazy, somebody could pull out a graphing calculator!

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

One does not simply get drunk off of a single beer. 

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

What if they steal it from someone else  :ph34r:

Just kidding

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

EVE players are scrawny nerds with a max alcohol consumption of .023 before they get drunk. LOL ;)

Unless you're a lightweight.

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

COMIC SANS

0.23 blood alcohol is like a hospital trip

EVE players are scrawny nerds with a max alcohol consumption of .23 before they get drunk. LOL ;)

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

0.23 blood alcohol is like a hospital trip

Oops I meant .023

God why do Europeans have so much more gaming events than the US? One day... Europe I will come home.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.