Amazon is releasing a new Tomb Raider

wickiwick

Man this feels like gamergate all over again with that censorship claim honestly. its not 2014, gamergate was a lie. move on.

also those are varients

In addition to, not replacing. 

They didn't censor shit. Keep it in your pants.

They literally went, hey some of these armors are just for the sexual gaze, rather then being practical, lets give players still sexualized and good looking, but not bikini armor, and you went off. 

On 12/19/2022 at 10:06 AM, leadeater said:

I don't think it's ever really meant anything other than huge budget, lots of marketing and typically highest grade graphics. I say typically because there have been some massive flops in that department lol.

AAA has rarely been a way to tell if a game is actually "good", like I enjoy CoD games but like... they aren't "good" and haven't been for a really long time. There are many games I look at and would like to try but the price is too high to bother, I can afford it but I simply don't want to pay that much for games and I object to them getting ever more expensive with less actual game.

There was a period where most AAA games were good and the quality was as big as the budget,

That era Began in 2007 and ended in 2013,

EA, Ubisoft made fantastic games in that era,

EA:

Dragon Age Origins, Battlefield 3 & 4, Bad Company 1 & 2, The Saboteur, Skate 2, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Burnout Paradise, Army of Two, Mass Effect trilogy, Dante's Inferno and many more!

Ubisoft:

Prince of Persia, Far Cry 2 & 3, Naruto: The Broken Bond, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 & Future Soldier, Assassin's Creed I, II, Brotherhood, Revelations, III, IV Black Flag, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2, Rayman Origins, and many more!

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

40 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Man this feels like gamergate all over again with that censorship claim honestly. its not 2014, gamergate was a lie. move on.

also those are varients
~snip~

In addition to, not replacing. 

They didn't censor shit. Keep it in your pants.

They literally went, hey some of these armors are just for the sexual gaze, rather then being practical, lets give players still sexualized and good looking, but not bikini armor, and you went off. 

Watch this...:

Yeah sure, look down on me because you disagree with me, that will surely be fruitful for this conversation.

This will probably be my last reply about this topic, it's going nowhere.

Everyone digs it's own hole, gets inside and won't come out.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

39 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Watch this...:

Yeah sure, demonize me because i disagree with you, that will surely be fruitful for this conversation.

This will probably be my last reply about this topic, it's going nowhere.

Everyone digs it's own hole, gets inside and won't come out.

I'm not demonizing you because I disagree with you.

you are spewing false accusations. Letting people dress their MMO character more modestly, and having that be the default, IS NOT CENSORSHIP.
As for the video Asmon is reacting to, Asmon would not have known at the time, he is just live blind reacting to it.
However, its not like the person who made the video knew everything yet either, just putting out concerns at the time. But its still not great of him to just make assumptions about what was going on, when they could have instead asked for comment before making that video spreading misinformation. 
https://gamerant.com/lost-ark-censor-outfits/
But now we know better. 

Also nice to see I hit that 2014 remark on the head though. 

58 minutes ago, Vishera said:

There was a period where most AAA games were good and the quality was as big as the budget,

That era Began in 2007 and ended in 2013,

EA, Ubisoft made fantastic games in that era,

EA:

Dragon Age Origins, Battlefield 3 & 4, Bad Company 1 & 2, The Saboteur, Skate 2, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Burnout Paradise, Army of Two, Mass Effect trilogy, Dante's Inferno and many more!

Ubisoft:

Prince of Persia, Far Cry 2 & 3, Naruto: The Broken Bond, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 & Future Soldier, Assassin's Creed I, II, Brotherhood, Revelations, III, IV Black Flag, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2, Rayman Origins, and many more!

EA and Ubisoft made a ton of AAA mid game during that time, including some of what you listed. EA and Ubisoft have made some bangers since then. And I got to be honest, im not sure I understand what point you are making. AAA is literally a budget classification.

3 hours ago, Vishera said:

But that's not an excuse for disrespect nor for the dissmissal of another's concerns.

If your concern surrounding censorship is the lack of skin on display or the ethnicity of a character being that of a minority, your concerns are always to be dismissed without further comment or thought. Because both just say way more about you than you might realize.

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

The emote you're asking for says exactly the same as your comment. I have no idea what you mean.

Do you disagree? Do you agree?

I'm guessing they disagree as much as I do. First of all, they add the "woke shit" because it's the right thing to do, to increase representation. And the flak you mention always come from a particular corner of society. Namely the one that spends a lot of time gathering outrage about things they don't really care about but use that outrage as a vehicle for radicalization and policy making. Most people truly don't care about this stuff, they neither go out and buy media with woke content for the sake of woke content or specifically avoid it either. But if you fall into a particular bubble of online culture, you might end up feeling like everybody hates this stuff and companies are doing it just for shits and giggles, to specifically annoy you. If you're that far down the quicksand, you might want to find a way out.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

5 hours ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

I'm guessing they disagree as much as I do. First of all, they add the "woke shit" because it's the right thing to do, to increase representation. And the flak you mention always come from a particular corner of society. Namely the one that spends a lot of time gathering outrage about things they don't really care about but use that outrage as a vehicle for radicalization and policy making. Most people truly don't care about this stuff, they neither go out and buy media with woke content for the sake of woke content or specifically avoid it either. But if you fall into a particular bubble of online culture, you might end up feeling like everybody hates this stuff and companies are doing it just for shits and giggles, to specifically annoy you. If you're that far down the quicksand, you might want to find a way out.

I'm not directly against it. The main reason when it annoys me is when it goes against the narrative of the original media. When you make a series that plays in the middle age, the sad reality is that women, and other groups actually didn't have the rights they do now. It's called being authentic, not being oppressive or whatever kind of hate-equivalent you're trying to accuse me of.

I'm not mad about one or two characters being black. I'm mad about producers sacraficing the authenticity of a franchise to bring out their messages about inclusivity, etc. The authenticity is what makes people interested in a franchise. Authenticity is what made Henry Cavill the perfect cast for the Witcher for example, not because he's a random white, good looking man.

But enough about that, i'm not interested into devolving this thread into whatever this is any further. We're already pretty off-topic.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

-= Cleaned =-

No need to de-evolve the conversation into politics and derail the topic.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

• 3 weeks later...