Microsoft and Nintendo 10 year COD deal.

Heliian

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/entertainment/microsoft-strikes-10-year-deal-with-nintendo-on-call-of-duty-1.6184221

Summary

The collab that everyone wanted but were too afraid to ask, Nintendo and Microsoft have entered into a 10 year agreement for the Call Of Duty franchise. 

Quotes

Microsoft agreed Wednesday to make the hit video game Call of Duty available on Nintendo for 10 years should its US$69 billion purchase of game maker Activision Blizzard go through -- an apparent attempt to fend off objections from rival Sony.

My thoughts

Fantastic news if the switch gets a COD port, it'll be a while but I see this as good for competition.  Sony needs to pony up if they want to play. 

Sources

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/entertainment/microsoft-strikes-10-year-deal-with-nintendo-on-call-of-duty-1.6184221

40 minutes ago, Heliian said:

Sony needs to pony up if they want to play. 

Sony is the only reason Microsoft is doing this. Sony went to regulators about the Microsoft purchase of Activison/Blizzard and stated Microsoft wasn't going to play ball. Lets be honest, all the games acquired would become PC/Xbox exclusives. In order to convince regulators that Microsoft will play ball they are doing these agreements. 

As far as Sony goes, they do need to offer some more games on PC/Xbox, and for the love of god start supporting more games when it comes to cross play. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Ok, now force Sony to play ball and release some of their hottest franchises on rival platforms. And bring Bloodborne to PC already.

image.gif.d7d731b20e4cd257dcb624af82f37880.gif

Anyway, exclusivity is always anti-consumer. I get that console manufacturers want to have an edge by offering something exclusively on their platform that ensures people flock to their ecosystem. But I for one am not happy to be forced to buy multiple systems if I want to experience games that could easily run on all systems. 

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

Seeing CoD for another 10y though..

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Sony refused the deal last month, wonder if they will go cry about this in court now.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Sony complaining about exclusives by Microsoft is literally the definition of the pot calling the kettle black 🤦‍♂️ I hope Microsoft inks a deal with Nintendo and refuses one for Sony just to get under their skin. Sony took way too long to port stuff to PC 

3 hours ago, Heliian said:

My thoughts

Fantastic news if the switch gets a COD port, it'll be a while but I see this as good for competition.  Sony needs to pony up if they want to play. 

It will definitely be streaming.

3 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Sony is the only reason Microsoft is doing this. Sony went to regulators about the Microsoft purchase of Activison/Blizzard and stated Microsoft wasn't going to play ball. Lets be honest, all the games acquired would become PC/Xbox exclusives. In order to convince regulators that Microsoft will play ball they are doing these agreements. 

As far as Sony goes, they do need to offer some more games on PC/Xbox, and for the love of god start supporting more games when it comes to cross play. 

Very much this and which exactly makes me think Sony is a huge fucking crybaby.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

9 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I do love how Sony have been crying about this while being one of the most egregious about exclusives...

I will give them credit, at LEAST some Sony exclusives did come to PC

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

8 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Sony refused the deal last month, wonder if they will go cry about this in court now.

Sony trying to somehow spin "exclusives are bad" is so funny to watch. "They are bad, except when it's us doing it!"

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

when gabe doesn't care and says they dont need to get an 10 year deal.
Just dont ask about source 2.

Csgo Gabe GIF - Csgo Gabe Gaben GIFs

Can't say I'm happy with any additional support for toxic companies like Nintendo.

Between loot boxes in kid-focused games to the frivolous and frankly shameful copyright strikes to prevent anyone from talking about them unless it's hyper positive.

Cheering for this move is like cheering for musk and trump joining teams when both are solely looking to exploit their audiences.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

On 12/8/2022 at 3:21 PM, ZetZet said:

Sony trying to somehow spin "exclusives are bad" is so funny to watch. "They are bad, except when it's us doing it!"

Sony by and large makes/funds their own exclusives from the ground up via first and second party studios though. Most of those games probably wouldn't even exist without Sony funding their development. Microsoft is just lazily buying already established third party studios and making their content exclusive. Microsoft could fund 120 Red Dead Redemption 2 tier games with the money they're trying to shell out for Activision. But instead of opening their own studios and creating their own IP, they're basically just trying to take away from Sony. Microsoft buying Activision doesn't add anything new to the industry.

I get it, people don't want to spend extra money just to play a few games, but the fact that people are still butthurt about Bloodborne like 6 years later is proof that exclusivity works lol

On 12/12/2022 at 6:36 AM, SeriousDad69 said:

But instead of opening their own studios and creating their own IP, they're basically just trying to take away from Sony. Microsoft buying Activision doesn't add anything new to the industry.

But that just simply isn't true. Microsoft already has many studios and they already are funding a lot of games. Activision purchase is unrelated to any of it or relevant. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.