Corsair AX1500i - JonnyGuru.com's First Perfect 10 Power Supply*

http://www.corsair.com/en-au/ax1500i-digital-atx-power-supply-1500-watt-fully-modular-psu

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=378 - Link to the 6th and final page of Oklahoma Wolf's review of this unit on JonnyGuru.com. This is the scoring and summary page, you're encouraged to read the full review.

The Brand is Corsair.

The OEM is Flextronics (same as the other AXi units).

The 80Plus Rating is Titanium. Currently one of two units to have achieved this rating.

The Score is a perfect 10 in all four categories.

Passed for 80Plus Titanium in both the hot and cold tests.

Excellent ripple suppression.

Better than excellent regulation - as low as 0.1%.

*As far as I'm aware. Oklahoma Wolf said it was his first perfect 10 score at least.

Can you put reviews in the member reviews section and news in the news section pls

At any rate this is pretty awesome, ill never get it because its pointless to me however

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Can you put reviews in the member reviews section and news in the news section pls

he put it in the right spot.  

"News and reviews from all around the web!"

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

he put it in the right spot.  

"News and reviews from all around the web!"

reviews always get moved, i told the mod team multiple times that it confuses people

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

reviews always get moved, i told the mod team multiple times that it confuses people

its not even his review, i wont argue but that is just dumb. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

It's staying

Cool power supply isn't it?

most certainly is but, I think its just to overbuilt and probably has had too much time put into it for the number of units they actually sell. 

Spoiler

This is a beast of a power supply. Corsair has many excellent psu lines. 

The Antec HCP-1300 came close to getting 10/10 but got a 9.9/10 on jonnyguru (0.1% deduced for owner's manual).

most certainly is but, I think its just to overbuilt and probably has had too much time put into it for the number of units they actually sell. 

That may be true, but I appreciate that Corsair is still aggressively aiming to be the best brand in the PSU market. They were the first (at the consumer level) to produce a Titanium efficiency unit, with excellent build quality, regulation, aesthetics and cables. That said, there are a lot of miners and other crazy people who are very interested in units like these in the 1300W+ range. 

Makes me wonder if people consider their PSUs to be a higher tier than what they currently offer with regards to memory. You've come a long way, Corsair.

@cae When I think Corsair I think power supplies and cases, specifically the obsidian series. They're doubtlessly big in the RAM scene, but heat spreaders and customer service only go so far. Making excellent power supplies and unique cases is what really sets them apart in my mind.

At any rate this is pretty awesome, ill never get it because its pointless to me however

where did you get that gif from? its so funny :D

@cae When I think Corsair I think power supplies and cases, specifically the obsidian series. They're doubtlessly big in the RAM scene, but heat spreaders and customer service only go so far. Making excellent power supplies and unique cases is what really sets them apart in my mind.

I agree. There cases are very good looking and have good quality from what i've heard but cases are very subjective. There PSUs are in the highest tier but until the AX1500i they had nothing that Antec, Seasonic, Coolermaster and others couldn't compete with. As jonnyguru says:

For quite some time now, Corsair seemed to be content with being more of a market follower than an innovator. We got the AXi series a while back, sure, but ever since then it's been all stuff designed more to keep pace with market trends than anything else. The RM series isn't really better than the models that came before, for example. All the while, people wondered when Corsair was going to do something bigger and badder than the AX1200i.

Folks, that day has definitely arrived. The big question is, what's the competition going to do about it?

where did you get that gif from? its so funny :D

i found it around six months ago, i cant remember

Listen if you care.

@MetEishYa 

The big question is, what's the competition going to do about it?

Before the AX1500i, I heard SuperFlower was aiming for Titanium efficiency. I expected the first Titanium unit to be made by superflower not Corsair and Flextronics. Now I expect they'll be the second to reach Titanium at the consumer level. Will it compete with this unit? Hard to say. On the one hand SuperFlower is an excellent OEM, on the other hand boy do they have to bring it to even touch Corsair on this one.

@MetEishYa 

Before the AX1500i, I heard SuperFlower was aiming for Titanium efficiency. I expected the first Titanium unit to be made by superflower not Corsair and Flextronics. Now I expect they'll be the second to reach Titanium at the consumer level. Will it compete with this unit? Hard to say. On the one hand SuperFlower is an excellent OEM, on the other hand boy do they have to bring it to even touch Corsair on this one.

Yeah Titanium rating is awesome especially at 1500W where it would make the biggest difference, this should hopefully filter down to the 850/860W sizes making the rating more relevant to sli/crossfire configs. Yeah PSU oem is a funny topic sometimes.

Edit: If u look at the AX line they oem to seasonic and flextronic, thats probably why the stuck with flextronic instead of going with superflower. 

@MetEishYa

I do agree but Corsair is a lot more known brand than Super Flower so it is to be expected as they can afford to spend more resources to make products like this happen sooner as their market share is a lot bigger. But I am really excited about Super Flower titanium power supply however.