Tech Show and Tell – Our Team’s Coolest Gear!

HC_writes

Our staff often get to be hands-on with the newest tech before most people even have a chance to order it… but what about at home? What sort of tech do they splurge on for passion projects and hobbies? It’s time for another round of show and tell!

Buy a Hario V60 Buono Kettle: https://geni.us/ebRBtK

Buy a Bonavita Digital Kettle: https://geni.us/7lQsINR

Buy a Hario Pour Over Set: https://geni.us/byAKSjF

Buy a 1Zpresso JX-Pro Grinder: https://geni.us/SZaVg

Buy a Timemore Coffee Scale: https://geni.us/l9T0Y

Zune! I never had one, they looked so ugly compared to an iPod lol

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

Tanner is a wild card. 😂

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

I can't believe I just watched a man spend ten minutes making a cup of coffee on a channel I follow for computer stuff. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

When it got to coffee I skipped ahead and was disappointed to see that the rest of the video was coffee related. (I do not drink coffee.)

1 hour ago, Bramimond said:

When it got to coffee I skipped ahead and was disappointed to see that the rest of the video was coffee related. (I do not drink coffee.)

I am a K-cup man myself because I can't be arsed to do anything more than that first thing in the morning, and while the coffee stuff was well-presented, it is disappointing they could only find four employees to do anything for this video and one of them didn't even have tech stuff to show, and they devoted half the runtime to the one that wasn't tech. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, Bramimond said:

Same although I did stick with it for a few minutes at first, disappointed to see it has the same runtime as the other 3 segments combined.

Almost like they wanted to make a coffee video but needed some other angle?

It would be cool to do a collab with a vintage tech channel to get that old luggable working again.

4 hours ago, Middcore said:

I can't believe I just watched a man spend ten minutes making a cup of coffee on a channel I follow for computer stuff. 

I kinda feel the same when I go on a spree watching a bunch of James Hoffmann's videos about coffee and the various machines and it's intricacies knowing very well that all that information is useless to me since I don't drink any.

I'm honestly kind of surprised Horst has an old IBM luggable. I would've expected him to have a Macintosh Portable instead. (As laughable as that thing is in hindsight, it's a lot more "laptop"-like than the luggable machines it competed with.)

12 hours ago, Middcore said:

I am a K-cup man myself because I can't be arsed to do anything more than that first thing in the morning, and while the coffee stuff was well-presented, it is disappointing they could only find four employees to do anything for this video and one of them didn't even have tech stuff to show, and they devoted half the runtime to the one that wasn't tech. 

I'm too cheap for K-cups, so I use a little 5 cup Mr. Coffee to brew my morning Maxwell House. I have a 12-cup machine too, but I'd end up pouring 1/3 of it down the drain because I didn't drink it all before it started tasting off. (For the longest time I actually had... [dramatic music sting] instant coffee for breakfast every morning.) A 5-cup carafe lasts me 3 days, and I don't like coffee that's been sitting around longer than that anyway.

Fancypants coffee is a rabbit hole I refuse to let myself fall down. I don't have the time or inclination to spend 20 minutes doting over my brew every morning. I don't care about making it "properly" with a bunch of expensive kitchen gadgets; if I had to use a stovetop percolator and salt premade grounds, I would (and have before). I've even got a bottle of Autocrat coffee syrup on hand just in case I run out of the real stuff. Just give me my cup of hot brown so I can get the car to work in one piece.

I still won't drink Starbucks, though. "Verona" is the best seller in the automatic French press machine at work, I just think it tastes burnt. (Been trying to convince them to switch one of the options to Dunkin' but we're vastly outnumbered by the Starbucks zombies.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

I don't interact a lot in foruns and created an account just to comment about this.

First of all, I'm european but I do find this "joke" from Tanner to be in a extremely poor taste. While I do agree that there's problems with Euro-Centrism and Europe in general, LTT by claiming to be a progressive company shouldn't allow xenophobic jokes.

While they aren't in the same weight because of historic reasons that everybody knows, if for some reason I claimed that I'm a Israel or China denialist, I would've been called out and the biggest cause would've being xenophobia.

I for one would unsub LTT and stop watching it for now just because of that.

Spoiler

Tanner.thumb.png.aa0279b0c7f4c96f24ea9c0773b1bdc8.png

On 11/18/2022 at 3:53 PM, CirnoFumo said:

Israel or China denialist

What would a China denialist even look like? I'm from Europe too, but I can't even take "Euro-Denialist" seriously. What's next, sun-denialist? Is that someone that believes the sun doesn't exist? xD

I can only recommend to not take nonsense like that serious.

On 11/18/2022 at 8:53 AM, CirnoFumo said:

I don't interact a lot in foruns and created an account just to comment about this.

First of all, I'm european but I do find this "joke" from Tanner to be in a extremely poor taste. While I do agree that there's problems with Euro-Centrism and Europe in general, LTT by claiming to be a progressive company shouldn't allow xenophobic jokes.

While they aren't in the same weight because of historic reasons that everybody knows, if for some reason I claimed that I'm a Israel or China denialist, I would've been called out and the biggest cause would've being xenophobia.

I for one would unsub LTT and stop watching it for now just because of that.

Hide contents

Tanner.thumb.png.aa0279b0c7f4c96f24ea9c0773b1bdc8.png

"Euro-denialist" is an obviously meaningless made-up term. You can Google it and get zero relevant hits. It has nothing to do with euro-centrism, or anything else for that matter. It's on the level of the meme about birds not being real, but I suppose if they had referenced that in the video some ornithologist would get upset. The entire point of the joke is to raise the question of what a "Euro-denialist" could possibly even be, since the idea of someone denying that an entire continent (or the Euro currency if you choose to interpret it that way) exists is manifestly absurd.

This video was a waste of my time. 

A bad version of angry video game nerd

Someone who has no idea what anything is on an old computer that was broken. 

Some dude talking about coffee for like 10 minutes. 

Why did you make this?