Gaming pc help

aShqrk
1 minute ago, solado said:

even for an oc?

1 minute ago, aShqrk said:

even for an oc?

even for an oc.

CPU: Ryzen 5900x | GPU: RTX 3090 FE | MB: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 32gb Ballistix | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Sythe Fuma 2 | Case: Phanteks P600s | Storage: 2TB WD Black SN 750 & 1TB Sabrent Rocket | OS: Windows 11 Pro & Linux Mint

Just now, solado said:

even for an oc.

what about the bottleneck

Just now, aShqrk said:

what about the bottleneck

Won't be one on a 13600k & 6950 xt

CPU: Ryzen 5900x | GPU: RTX 3090 FE | MB: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 32gb Ballistix | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Sythe Fuma 2 | Case: Phanteks P600s | Storage: 2TB WD Black SN 750 & 1TB Sabrent Rocket | OS: Windows 11 Pro & Linux Mint

Just now, solado said:

Won't be one on a 13600k & 6950 xt

even for high end games at 1080p? cause someone else said there would be a good chunk of bottleneck at 1080p even with 13th gen.

2 minutes ago, aShqrk said:

even for high end games at 1080p? cause someone else said there would be a good chunk of bottleneck at 1080p even with 13th gen.

Even at high end gaming 1080p. Your FPS will be so high you wont have a monitor fast enough to display them.

Just now, solado said:

Even at high end gaming 1080p. Your FPS will be so high you physically can't get a monitor fast enough to display them.

on average or what u think, what is the fps for high end games ultra at 1080p?

Just now, aShqrk said:

on average what is the fps for high end games ultra at 1080p?

Just now, solado said:

seems good enough for me

A 6950xt is going to be a waste on 1080p, I'd reccommend switching to a higher res or dropping down to a ~6750xt

12 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

A 6950xt is going to be a waste on 1080p, I'd reccommend switching to a higher res or dropping down to a ~6750xt

in money of fps cause i will be going up to 1440p soon when i can get a good 1440p monitor 

They're a relatively small manufacturer, only really available in the Chinese market from what I can see. Because of that, there just aren't a lot of reviews surrounding them. 

The one place I found that did a slight overview (VideoCardz), they don't look like particularly amazing cards, very similar to the reference PCB, with cards like the Red Devil, Sapphire Pulse+, Phantom Gaming, and Merc 319 (relatively mid range 6950 XTs that sell for relatively little) being a fair bit better, and no where near as good as cards like the OC Formula or Gaming Z (the best PCBs on 6950 XTs thanks to their massive input filters).

As for if it's at a good price, you have to say how much you'd be spending on it, since general availability for it is pretty low (here in the US I can't find a single one available for purchase outside of AliExpress, and would really not recommend buying one from AliExpress)

12 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

They're a relatively small manufacturer, only really available in the Chinese market from what I can see. Because of that, there just aren't a lot of reviews surrounding them. 

The one place I found that did a slight overview (VideoCardz), they don't look like particularly amazing cards, very similar to the reference PCB, with cards like the Red Devil, Sapphire Pulse+, Phantom Gaming, and Merc 319 (relatively mid range 6950 XTs that sell for relatively little) being a fair bit better, and no where near as good as cards like the OC Formula or Gaming Z (the best PCBs on 6950 XTs thanks to their massive input filters).

As for if it's at a good price, you have to say how much you'd be spending on it, since general availability for it is pretty low (here in the US I can't find a single one available for purchase outside of AliExpress, and would really not recommend buying one from AliExpress)

why does the oc formula on newegg say the interface is pcie 4.0 and  ASRock RX 6950 XT OC Formula Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database says it is 4.0 x16

36 minutes ago, aShqrk said:

I would say less that 13th gen won't bottleneck a high end graphic card at 1080p and more that all current gen CPUs will bottleneck a high end graphics card about the same, give or take.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Just now, aShqrk said:

Yeah, that's debatably the best 6950 XT you can buy. Whether or not it's worth the price premium over something like a Red Devil or Phantom Gaming is a different story though, the performance differences will be pretty little out of the box, and the differences will only start to show up when doing some serious overclocking with those cards (disabling the power limits, overvolting the core, manually setting up memory timings, etc.), and if you're going to be doing that, then there isn't really a point in going 6950 XT over a 6900 XT with an XTXH core, since they're the exact same cards with different out of the box power limits and a 50MHz higher memory clock limit on the 6950 XT (there's a reason that the 6900 XT is higher than the 6950 XT on the 3DMark Hall of Fame). 

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Yeah, that's debatably the best 6950 XT you can buy. Whether or not it's worth the price premium over something like a Red Devil or Phantom Gaming is a different story though, the performance differences will be pretty little out of the box, and the differences will only start to show up when doing some serious overclocking with those cards (disabling the power limits, overvolting the core, manually setting up memory timings, etc.), and if you're going to be doing that, then there isn't really a point in going 6950 XT over a 6900 XT with an XTXH core, since they're the exact same cards with different out of the box power limits and a 50MHz higher memory clock limit on the 6950 XT (there's a reason that the 6900 XT is higher than the 6950 XT on the 3DMark Hall of Fame). 

why does it show pcie 4.0 on newegg but 4.0 x16 on ASRock RX 6950 XT OC Formula Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The x16 is just more descript, meaning that the GPU can use 16 PCIe lanes. The Newegg page just likely didn't bother mentioning since every 6950 XT will use PCIe 4.0 x16. 

Oh thanks the motherboard I’m getting has pcie 4.0 x16

does raptor lake have smart access memory (sam)? 

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

yes

4 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

It supports it if you are trying to do Resizable BAR and such.

Huh