Gaming pc help

aShqrk

can you possibly do a 13700k instead?

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

10 minutes ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

can you possibly do a 13700k instead?

Yeah changed to 13700k in my main post

This looks fine already.

What you could do is swap the Z790 Board to an Z690 one and DDR5 for DDR4.

That money can then be used for more storage for example and save some money.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/T8jQxs

The Motherboard can easily be updated with an Flash-Drive and is ready for 13th gen.

Overall you can wait for the new AMD GPUs which will drop soon, prices might change for the 6000 Series or there might be an even better option with the new ones.

7 minutes ago, Ohundreds said:

This looks fine already.

What you could do is swap the Z790 Board to an Z690 one and DDR5 for DDR4.

That money can then be used for more storage for example and save some money.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/T8jQxs

The Motherboard can easily be updated with an Flash-Drive and is ready for 13th gen.

Overall you can wait for the new AMD GPUs which will drop soon, prices might change for the 6000 Series or there might be an even better option with the new ones.

Is there any bonus for using ddr5 compared to ddr4

1 minute ago, aShqrk said:

Only with high end DDR5 .. that costs almost twice compared to DDR4. If you get DDR5 cheaply then worth it.

I edit my posts more often than not

Just now, aShqrk said:

DDR5 is faster than DDR4 but you wont see a performance difference between them in gaming just now.

This could potentially change in the future with new games but at the moment there wont be any benefit while using DDR5.

The question is if you want to future proof your system now or if you'll get DDR5 in your next Upgrade a few years from now.

DDR5 is more expensive rigt now but will drop in price in the future.

It's hard to tell if and when DDR4 will be to slow but I think this wont be the case in the next few years.

8 minutes ago, Ohundreds said:

DDR5 is faster than DDR4 but you wont see a performance difference between them in gaming just now.

This could potentially change in the future with new games but at the moment there wont be any benefit while using DDR5.

The question is if you want to future proof your system now or if you'll get DDR5 in your next Upgrade a few years from now.

DDR5 is more expensive rigt now but will drop in price in the future.

It's hard to tell if and when DDR4 will be to slow but I think this wont be the case in the next few years.

I want this pc to last for 3-5 years so should I use ddr5 or ddr4

16 minutes ago, aShqrk said:

I want this pc to last for 3-5 years so should I use ddr5 or ddr4

I think DDR4 should be fine for the next few years. But as I said, it's impossible to tell how it will be in 3-5 years.

That's always the problem with hardware, you never now what comes in the future.

But even if DDR5 has an advantage over DDR4 in the coming years, DDR4 will still be usable and you'll still be able to run all games fine.

7 minutes ago, Ohundreds said:

I think DDR4 should be fine for the next few years. But as I said, it's impossible to tell how it will be in 3-5 years.

That's always the problem with hardware, you never now what comes in the future.

But even if DDR5 has an advantage over DDR4 in the coming years, DDR4 will still be usable and you'll still be able to run all games fine.

I’ll do ddr4 I get 4.5tb (I have a portable 1tb ssd) with ddr5 I get 2 tb and any tips of the new parts (in the main post) could be helpful 

17 minutes ago, aShqrk said:

I’ll do ddr4 I get 4.5tb (I have a portable 1tb ssd) with ddr5 I get 2 tb and any tips of the new parts (in the main post) could be helpful 

I'd go with an i7-13700kf variant. It's the same as the 13700k just cheaper and without an iGPU which you don't need because you've got an dedicated GPU.

Mabye get 1x 500GB PCIe 4.0 M.2 drive as Boot Drive just like this one: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9XM48d/crucial-p5-plus-500-gb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-ct500p5pssd8

And then 2x 2.5 Sata SSDs for Storage like this one: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Gb2bt6/crucial-bx500-2-tb-25-solid-state-drive-ct2000bx500ssd1

The CPU Cooler is also available with RGB Fans, if you care about that and I personally would go with an other case but that's personal taste.

14 minutes ago, Ohundreds said:

I'd go with an i7-13700kf variant. It's the same as the 13700k just cheaper and without an iGPU which you don't need because you've got an dedicated GPU.

Mabye get 1x 500GB PCIe 4.0 M.2 drive as Boot Drive just like this one: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9XM48d/crucial-p5-plus-500-gb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-ct500p5pssd8

And then 2x 2.5 Sata SSDs for Storage like this one: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Gb2bt6/crucial-bx500-2-tb-25-solid-state-drive-ct2000bx500ssd1

The CPU Cooler is also available with RGB Fans, if you care about that and I personally would go with an other case but that's personal taste.

I want a three fan aio with rgb

32 minutes ago, Ohundreds said:

Why the SATA ssd and not m.2 also, any more tips besides using 13700kf

23 minutes ago, aShqrk said:

Why the SATA ssd and not m.2 also, any more tips besides using 13700kf

They are cheaper and you wont see any difference between them and faster ones for gaming.

The rest should be fine.

33 minutes ago, Ohundreds said:

They are cheaper and you wont see any difference between them and faster ones for gaming.

The rest should be fine.

Ok thanks and readers some tips would be helpful that has not been said

Is it easy to update the bios of a z690 motherboard for 13th gen

Yup very easy, you just need a cpu compatible with the version you're upgrading from.

I edit my posts more often than not

4 minutes ago, aShqrk said:

Is it easy to update the bios of a z690 motherboard for 13th gen

Yes, especially if you go with the one suggested in one of your other threads that has bios flashback and doesn't need a cpu. Just follow the directions in the manual. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Yup very easy, you just need a cpu compatible with the version you're upgrading from.

K getting a 13700k

My experience with flashing a Z690 for 13th gen i7-13700KF on MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wi-Fi DDR5 while using the flashback button:

The most recent BIOS, 7D31vH91 (2022-10-17), did not function correctly and resulted in a red "CPU" LED failure.

Tried reflashing it a few times without success, then tried flashing it back down to 7D31vH8 (2022-09-05), and it posted fine.

Not sure how yours will go, but just wanted to share my experience.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 minutes ago, Shimmy Gummi said:

My experience with flashing a Z690 for 13th gen i7-13700KF on MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wi-Fi DDR5 while using the flashback button:

The most recent BIOS, 7D31vH91 (2022-10-17), did not function correctly and resulted in a red "CPU" LED failure.

Tried reflashing it a few times without success, then tried flashing it back down to 7D31vH8 (2022-09-05), and it posted fine.

Not sure how yours will go, but just wanted to share my experience.

I’m using this motherboard: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Z3ddnQ/gigabyte-z690-ud-ddr4-atx-lga1700-motherboard-z690-ud-ddr4

well have you looked at the photos or description from where you are buying the case

1 minute ago, emosun said:

well have you looked at the photos or description from where you are buying the case

I have can’t find em anywhere

21 minutes ago, aShqrk said:

Good luck! Hope it goes smooth. Let us know how it goes.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x